Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Rico, I meant random bursts of slowdown caused in places other than the known 360-robot lag. Slowdown isn't induced by the server, it's induced your processor/card's inability to keep up with your settings.

The robot slowdown IS Sega's fault, but it isn't fixable on the fly like server lag is. I should have been more clear.

Quote Originally Posted by RegulusHikari View Post
    Rico, I meant random bursts of slowdown caused in places other than the known 360-robot lag. Slowdown isn't induced by the server, it's induced your processor/card's inability to keep up with your settings.

The robot slowdown IS Sega's fault, but it isn't fixable on the fly like server lag is. I should have been more clear.
    I know it wouldn't be fixable on the fly like slowdown is, but honestly why couldn't they modify the animations of the robots in some way so people wouldn't get that horrible issue, hell get rid of the explosion and keep the animation. If they could nerf areas where most people AFK lvl bullets by removing spawns why shouldn't they be able to do something like that with a more pressing issue that's been around MUCH longer and actually effects gameplay
    Make Em Bleed!!

Character info (trial phase): http://psupedia.info/User:RahXephon

http://digitaldelights.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by DarkEliteRico View Post
    I know it wouldn't be fixable on the fly like slowdown is, but honestly why couldn't they modify the animations of the robots in some way so people wouldn't get that horrible issue, hell get rid of the explosion and keep the animation. If they could nerf areas where most people AFK lvl bullets by removing spawns why shouldn't they be able to do something like that with a more pressing issue that's been around MUCH longer and actually effects gameplay
    You want the straight truth? Because in Japan, where all the coding is planned and done for this game, they don't give 2 shits about the Xbox. And SoA isn't about to go out of their way to do something SoJ didn't already give them the clearance to do.

They should also fix that Rod glitch...

Because when I cast a technic
    it makes a movment and attacks at the same time.. but also slows it down.. when i want to cast another technic..

I remember when psu came out it had the movment "bow" while casting a technic with a wand now its with a rod but with a diffrent moving action...lol

hmm, so then the answer so far is.. No, Sega has not issued any statement

true that restarting router/xbox can help with slowdown

it does seem that something could be done about the robots?

just read a thread about the difficulties of programming, not too sure how to link to another thread yet tho

seems that PC is less effected by this type a problem, hmmm

Yeah, 360 is the one having the main problems like the Grinder glitch (I think it's still there?), MGG, shop glitch, slowdown etc.

Quote from Ruby from suckboards:

Quote Originally Posted by RubyEclipse
    I agree that the current stuff deserves the attention right now - we've been sending over a number of issues and glitches to the team that we feel deserve attention first. (Robot slowdown on 360, Mechgun/Shop glitch, etc.)

Then you have the smaller things like Senten Kaizen-Ga being priced wrong when purchased, or the description on the PA frags - far from game breaking, but still worth fixing to improve the game.

I'm sure some players will shout the 'No hope!' woes as usual, and to be fair I can partly see where they're coming from. However, even if a good idea is not guaranteed, I'm not about to give up on it just because a few people think it isn't likely. I'll look into this, and if it's doable, we'll see if we can make this happen.
    edit:
    http://boards2.sega.com/psu_board/viewtopic.php?t=86630 (11th post)
    Read the thread if you want to know what he meant with "make this happen".
    Last edited by relentless; Aug 29, 2008 at 12:35 PM.

*Applauds*

I agree with Ruby 100%. Sure, people say that all those complaints are small and don't matter, but they add up and detract from the game as a whole. I don't care if a PA costs 1 more PP than it's supposed to, the game should function the way it was designed in every aspect.

Anyone who is truly good at what they do NEVER settle for 'good enough'. They settle for perfect.

The thing that really confuses me, is that when this game first came out, the Robots in Grove of Fanatics didn't cause lag. (from what I remember 2 years ago) Now it does?

So whats up with that.

I really can't understand why lag isn't apperent to the Ps2/PC's but it is on the 360, which by most causes is a supieror processing machine.

My only guess is what RegulusHikari basically said.

Japan doesn't give a %&^# about xbox. (Sega at least)......those d bags

Quote Originally Posted by RegulusHikari View Post
    *Applauds*

I agree with Ruby 100%. Sure, people say that all those complaints are small and don't matter, but they add up and detract from the game as a whole. I don't care if a PA costs 1 more PP than it's supposed to, the game should function the way it was designed in every aspect.

Anyone who is truly good at what they do NEVER settle for 'good enough'. They settle for perfect.
    I also %100 agree!!!

I've said this many times, people that claim programming a game is like rocket science are just ignorant. Yes, it's difficult for you the joe shmoe, but an employee of Sega has been doing what they do for a long time, and they have to be good at it or they wouldn't have a job!

I'll use bungie agian, as an example of a company that puts blood sweat and tears into something till it's darn near perfect. (Blizzard too). Sega just hasn't proven yet that they have the Bar set high for themselves.
    Last edited by Dhylec; Aug 29, 2008 at 10:27 PM. Reason: merge

Pirate of the moocows.

I can almost guarantee the lag associated with Flower Pursuit is strictly visual lag. I tested this a few times, if I look down the entire mission (reducing the landscape and cherry blossom visuals) I get no lag at all. Why you should have to do that is beyond me, but it does fix the lagging (for me anyway). Sacred Stream on the other hand, your guess is as good as mine. The look down method works fine for a little while, but on certain maps it goes crazy.

"There will never be a best. The newer generations always have something different to offer than the older. To claim someone to be the best is unfair to the rest of the people who work hard to excel."

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Nitro Vordex's Avatar

There's less things to render on screen, I think is why it doesn't lag. I did that when I still played on PC.