Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

That PSO translation (eat **** and die!) was done on purpose - probably in much the same vein that the US version of PSU included Zero Wing references ("All your base", etc.) I thought both were pretty awesome, personally.

The North American release date will be this November, specifically, right around November 10th!

Quote Originally Posted by RubyEclipse View Post
    The North American release date will be this November, specifically, right around November 10th!

---
    Currently Playing: Phantasy Star IV

Yasminkov Fanboy Waki Miko Syamemaru!'s Avatar

Pictures speak a thousand words. In this case a thousand words, some Kleenex, and a cigarette.

Whiskey/Newearl Addict Lance813's Avatar

Don't forget a clean pair of shorts...

Furou-uen | Rhysa | Aeryssa | Lance

Put on the game pimp hats lets make this a big hit so we get another one! This holiday season all my friends and relatives better like PSZ! I hope Sega will put some marketing behind this, how hard is it to attach a DS promo kit to bayonettas backside come on now first E3 than comic con and now gamescon that stormtrooper with the jetpack could have really held a DS with PSZ couldnt he?

Quote Originally Posted by RubyEclipse View Post
    That PSO translation (eat **** and die!) was done on purpose - probably in much the same vein that the US version of PSU included Zero Wing references ("All your base", etc.) I thought both were pretty awesome, personally.

Eat shit and die was pretty funny, but you seriously thought the Zero Wing quote was awesome? To me, that was a perfect example of a big name company "not getting it". "All your base" lost its comedic value years before PSU was released. It felt so very very dated.

Hey waitaminnit, that whole game felt dated! Oh now it makes sense.

Sorry, couldn't help but make a joke at PSU's expense. Anywho, as for the release date, I think I hold the same viewpoint so many other posters here do. Yes, I am ecstatic were getting it, but why the hell are we getting a portable game with only text-translation needed before release, NEARLY ONE YEAR AFTER IT CAME OUT IN JAPAN?!

Oh...Christmas you say...well...still...
    Illustrator! Pixel Artist!:

Actually, I think they timed it well. You want to throw in a Zero Wing reference *after* the big thing about it has died down. That way the punchline is a little funnier. Worked for me. I mean, if it did that still in the later heights of the Zero Wing internet craze, the humor would probably be lost as a "Oh no. Not this too!"

What I liked about it was the character chosen to do it. A character, whose main characteristic, is her issues with translation. It works, because it's Sheena. She would even be able to utilize the head A'splode strongbad reference (as was done in a recent achievement award for Shadow Complex).

Still, look forward to it, and cross my fingers that infrastructure is kept intact. It's kind of hard getting my friends into Xlink and Adhoc stuff, otherwise we'd already be playing games together.

Quote Originally Posted by Akaimizu View Post
    Actually, I think they timed it well. You want to throw in a Zero Wing reference *after* the big thing about it has died down. That way the punchline is a little funnier. Worked for me. I mean, if it did that still in the later heights of the Zero Wing internet craze, the humor would probably be lost as a "Oh no. Not this too!"
    Once again, I think you're confusing "timing" with "outdated".
    Illustrator! Pixel Artist!:

I'm going to pre-order this through Gamestop. I doubt it's necissary, but no harm done in caution.

Yasminkov Fanboy Waki Miko Syamemaru!'s Avatar

Would you guys rather have Left 4 Dead references instead? Some random guy running around screaming "PILLS HERE! PIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIILZ! Grabbin pills!" or some dude saying how much he hates cops,lawyers, stairs, water, etc. and proclaiming his love for vests?