Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Default Some more information from Shogai

Shogai PSO has posted some new information that looks like most of it comes from the Dengeki Playstation interview and yesterday's official blog post. Italics are my comments.

Install
    • Frequently used data can be installed to the memory stick though the size of the install is unknown

Story Mode
    • Story mode will be seperated in to episodes. How many episodes is currently unknown. There will be some "Side Stories" available as diversions

Internet Multimode
    • Internet mode will be free (duh)
    • The flow of things before everyone enters the city is like this: Players choose from a list of "rooms" and create a game from that room. You can write comments in said room but players won't be able to join your party when you are doing a mission.

Job Types
    • There are less types than in PSP1 (gah!) though why is still a mystery. Perhaps the Guardians Advanced Style system will be implemented?

Battle
    • Elements are applied to weapons only (WBMike talked about most of this in an earlier post) and the %s will effect the attack power of the weapon.
    • No more elemental bullets, but a bullet that increases the elemental % has been added (along with the other bullets also mentioned in WBMike's post)
    • There is a period of invicibility associated with the dodge roll that is longer than the PS0 period.
    • There is also a period of time after the dodge roll where you can not move. This is also longer than its PS0 equivalent.
    • Just Guard only applies to shields. Two handed weapons can block but this will only result in a damage reduction.
    • You can cancel an attack by guarding though there are various timings involved in cancelling a photon art.
    • Depending on what kind of ranged weapon you have, the charge attack will increase things like range or attack power.
    • A chain system has been added. Normal attacks add to the combo and the higher the combo the more damage photon arts do. This is different than PS0's combo system where you needed another character to preform a combo.
    • The damage done by ranged weapons will change depending on accuracy.

System?
    • The edges of the screen turn red when the player is almost dead.

Enemies

Items
    • The item gallery/encyclopedia will be shared between all characters (ala PS0). There weapon collections, a defeated enemy collection, and a new clothes & parts collection. (A reason to pick up clothes drops as my cast now!)

Production
    • PSP2 was in production in parallel with PS0 since the sale of PSP1
    • After PS0 was completed, the staff joined the PSP2 team.
    • The game is now in the debug and final adjustment period

I wish the stores where I lived stocked Famitsu and Dengeki on a timely basis.

Edit: memory disk changed to memory stick
    Last edited by Mike; Sep 9, 2009 at 11:30 PM. Reason: Formatting and linking and spelling!

The damage done by ranged weapons will change depending on accuracy

Woot! Finally, I can have a Newm. gunslinger that will stand a chance.. this change makes up for all the other changes I semi-disagree with.. *u*
    Feel free to add me to msn to talk about PSU/etc.~

PSO2 & PSPortable2 Addict Amherst_Wind's Avatar

The data install features works amazingly well for Dissidia so thats great news its appearing in PSP2.

But less types than the original!? Say whaaaaaaaaaaaat???? Theres got to be more to this than meets the eye... I will be awaiting Sakai's explanation of this eagerly.
    - - - - - - - PS Zero: Anna - - - - - -|- - - - - PS Portable: Amherst - - - - -

Yasminkov Fanboy Waki Miko Syamemaru!'s Avatar

Probably going to be a Force/Ranger/Hunter and Hybrid class (such as Acromaster). I'm thinking they're gonna get rid of the Figh series.

Hearty Official Member Chuck_Norris's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by blyr View Post
    The damage done by ranged weapons will change depending on accuracy

Woot! Finally, I can have a Newm. gunslinger that will stand a chance.. this change makes up for all the other changes I semi-disagree with.. *u*
    Damnit! I loved my Beast Gunmaster...I guess I'll have to remake her as a CAST...

Good lord they are making this game epic, why can't we have some of this in PSU? (No PSU flaming, please)

This is looking better and better. I'm sorry if a lot of this news is to others' dismay. I guess I'm just really liking all of these changes.
    #1 International MAG+ TA Champion in PSU. Co-Founder of Royalz

Quote Originally Posted by Amherst_Wind View Post
    But less types than the original!? Say whaaaaaaaaaaaat???? Theres got to be more to this than meets the eye... I will be awaiting Sakai's explanation of this eagerly.
    If the removal of types is acompanied by a reworking of the way types work, then I don't think there is a problem with this. For example, making high level basic classes the same as upper level classes could do this.

Won't December get here any faster? I don't know how much longer I can wait

Hearty Official Member Chuck_Norris's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    If the removal of types is acompanied by a reworking of the way types work, then I don't think there is a problem with this. For example, making high level basic classes the same as upper level classes could do this.

Won't December get here any faster? I don't know how much longer I can wait
    Play Monster Hunter until then. This looks to be shaping up to be a lot like it in some of the gameplay mechanics.

As Chuck said, RIP the Beast Ranger, best Ranger in-game ever...

I'm curious if ranged weapons will have basic combo too (for the chain system), or if they will stay the smashing button party they are in PSU.

So, if PSŲ team joined the PSP2 team this means... they are not working at the moment in a new DS game