Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Default September 15th official blog entry

http://ameblo.jp/phantasy-star-porta...343201189.html

Dragon Sakai gives us some more information, in addition to the Dengeki interview apparently. They don't sell that magazine frequently where I live so I haven't seen the original interview so I can't say one way or the other. Shogai has undoubtable picked it up though and if Shogai's seen it, then WBMike has likely posted it on his blog too. Anyways:

Character Creation
    All the voices, including NPC character voices, have been redone and character voices have a little less character than the previous game. This means that even Tonio and Linna's voices have been redone. Now I won't have to hold my hands over my ears when Tonio talks I'm pretty sure this was mention elsewhere though.

Hit Effects
    Also mentioned elsewhere on this board, are the hit effects. You hit something with an element it's weak agains and you get a special hit effect. You can see here the effect of fire element Bajira(?) getting hit by an ice element Tornado Break. I think the post where Chuck Norris mentioned "laser beam shooting sharks swords" is likely also the same kind of effect. Sakai also mentions we see some of this in action in the next Fun! Fan! video.

Item Drops
    The item drops have been reworked to PS0-styled system where everyone gets a drop but it isn't always the same thing. That s-rank sword you picked up could be a monomate for someone else (woo). This is old news. However, when someone receives and item that has an element of above 30%, a message will be displayed to all other players in multimode and internet multimode so we all know who the lucky bastard is.

Techniques
    This is a doozy. I don't know if this is old news or new news though. Certain techniques are now called by there PSO names. This doesn't seem to matter for the English version though. Shifta and Deband now cover physical and magical boosts and the debufs do the same thing. A few techniques have been removed and a few have been added.

Added:
    #Grants
    #Dam Grants

Removed:
    #Zodial (accuracy buff)
    #Zoldeel (accuracy debuff)
    #Dizas (physical damage absorb)
    #Gi Resta (HP regeneration)
    #Regrant (Light element "flamethrower" attack?)
    #Retier (magic buff)
    #Rentis (magic damage absorb)
    #Megistar (attack, magic, accuracy, defense buff with HP drain)

More information about the technique system will be in this week's Famitsu.

Install
    Often used data like weapon data and character data can be installed. He still hasn't told us how big the install will be though. He does say that it makes a difference though.

Tokyo Game Show
    There'll be a PSP2 stage show. Dragon Sakai will even make an appearance on Saturday! There are some surprises that you can only see at the stage demonstration as well.

Lastly, in this week's Famitsu, we'll get new information about 2 main characters and some more default character designs. Looks like this week's Famitsu is one to get if you can.

Edit: Scroll down to Espio's post to see a scan of the Famitsu article.
    Last edited by Mike; Sep 15, 2009 at 11:50 PM. Reason: added some descriptions to techniques

Lol was just reading the blog. I was surprised to see how much techs he removed.

I'm kinda disapointed in the removal of Rentis and Dizas. Anything that can absorb damagae is a friend to me. I'm really interested in playing the demo for this to really see how much has changed. We've still got a month or so to with for that though.

It's almost three years since PSU was released here and we still have to see Rentis and Dizas online lol, it is not a great loss xD Giresta, Regrant and Megistar are great losses though...

Time to get used to PSO again.

Since this somewhat relates to the blog entry (with it's mention of the latest Famitsu having more details), here's an image of the magazine with some details I could pull from it.

http://www.psuxxx.info/uploader/src/up2789.jpg

* It's confirmed: that girl from the opening is indeed Lumia.
    * We have a new NPC. Crouch Mueller is the gun-slinging beast from the opening movie.
    * Default character images for male newman and female human, beast and CAST have been revealed.
    * New enemy: Grabit S7. (They also show Evil Shark, Pal Shark and Jeris.)
    * New boss: Reol Badia. This is the boss of the seabed plant. Looks like PSU's take on Vol Opt.
    * It's said that the seabed plant was run by the Inhert Company.
    * TECHNICs seem to be getting three-hit attacks.
    * There are six mirage blasts to cover all six elements.

There may be a bit more info to pull from this, but for now, I've got to get ready for work. I'll look over it more later.

Quote Originally Posted by EspioKaos View Post
    Since this somewhat relates to the blog entry (with it's mention of the latest Famitsu having more details), here's an image of the magazine with some details I could pull from it.

http://www.psuxxx.info/uploader/src/up2789.jpg

* It's confirmed: that girl from the opening is indeed Lumia.
    * We have a new NPC. Crouch Mueller is the gun-slinging beast from the opening movie.
    * Default character images for male newman and female human, beast and CAST have been revealed.
    * New enemy: Grabit S7. (They also show Evil Shark, Pal Shark and Jeris.)
    * New boss: Reol Badia. This is the boss of the seabed plant. Looks like PSU's take on Vol Opt.
    * It's said that the seabed plant was run by the Inhert Company.
    * TECHNICs seem to be getting three-hit attacks.
    * There are six mirage blasts to cover all six elements.

There may be a bit more info to pull from this, but for now, I've got to get ready for work. I'll look over it more later.
    Nice find. That confirms this post.

Now you can add it to the list Arika

That Ivy sword-like whip the female human is wielding looks awesome! Lumia's boots look weird.

I see there's going to be a colaboration with Fanta.

There's also more information on transferring your save from PSP1:

# Exam/Igzam is a C-rank weapon
    # 1 of 4 units that produces an aura (I think that's what it says, the picture is too shiny to see well)
    # The "Former Guardian" title.

The Undersea Plant is a hyperspace/subspace research facility run by Inhert (like Espio said). We'll fight escaped monster and guard machinery running wild.
    Last edited by Mike; Sep 15, 2009 at 07:33 AM.

PSO2 & PSPortable2 Addict Amherst_Wind's Avatar

Ooooh lots of news...
    I had a feeling Mirage Blasts would cover the six Elements, this is good news for damage!
    The consolidated buff and debuff techs is a good thing.
    Exam is going to be lame... and also I wonder if the "Former Guardian" title will contribute to a "PS Perfect" if this game has one?
    Even if there isn't a Bayonetta collaboration, that defulat Female Human is at least from the 'inspired by Bayonetta' line, even down to the glasses.

Quote Originally Posted by EspioKaos View Post
    I can't wait for this localization, "New gun-slinging Beast, Crotch Mauler!"
    Last edited by Amherst_Wind; Sep 15, 2009 at 07:31 AM.
    - - - - - - - PS Zero: Anna - - - - - -|- - - - - PS Portable: Amherst - - - - -