Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

ok so the big event hits the jp ver. a friend and i go try out most of the event missions.

wow, they suck so bad. all areas are fire-ish w/ all fire monsters and the occasional dark type seed vance or two.

you spend a lot of the time finding those little hidden things and using the eraser gun to destroy em. very boring. If you S rank it you get no frags. the rewards arent worth the effort. i dont understand how this is supposed to be fun.

there arent nearly enough monsters. im trying to gain char exp and frags and these missions are just awful.

so i headed to the only good mission i knew was still available, the labs S2. it was very busy w/ party names such as "the flames event is boring" etc.

i made a party called honoo no bakayarou and ppl joined very fast. looks like we can look forward to another month of labs S2 nonstop. oh well, its not so bad i guess.

also, they removed the shift cancel trick.
    Quit PSO2

Hidden power with Emerald Star DraginHikari's Avatar

Aren't the missions for the whole Ulitmate Attack event anyway?

Hmph, considering they're only temporary I'm surprised the rewards aren't any better than usual. There aren't any S level versions of these quests yet, aren't there? (Which would explain why you aren't getting any PA Fragments.)

I'm not surprised everyone has (once again) fluttered to wherever the best grind is. Where was it before?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: A2K on 2007-02-22 08:23 ]</font>
    Our posturings, our imagined self-importance, the delusion that we have some privileged position in the Universe, are challenged by this point of pale light. Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves.

before this event, most ppl were doing lake S2 or dragon party S2. now since those are both gone, the labs S2 is the current best mission. 18k meseta and 2 frags is very nice.

yea there is only A rank UA missions rite now. maybe the S or S2 vers would be ok but i still dont like destroying seeds. pso did these events so much better. just give us one big mission that goes thru lots of areas filled w/ monsters.

also, it takes 3 ppl to S rank most of these event missions. for the ppl who already are max level w/ all the PAs they want, they mite be able to stand playing them, but im trying to raise a lv 62 char here.

the event webpage shows the planets and how "clean" they are. maybe after we completely clean a planet to 100%, we will have the old missions restored.
    Quit PSO2

It's only boring if you consider that exp and PA frags are everything.

The previous Attack events were about the community working together to win awesome novelty items, not to contantly grind (well ok, some people did >_>).

On 2007-02-22 07:59, Inazuma wrote:
    ok so the big event hits the jp ver. a friend and i go try out most of the event missions.

wow, they suck so bad. all areas are fire-ish w/ all fire monsters and the occasional dark type seed vance or two.

you spend a lot of the time finding those little hidden things and using the eraser gun to destroy em. very boring. If you S rank it you get no frags. the rewards arent worth the effort. i dont understand how this is supposed to be fun.

there arent nearly enough monsters. im trying to gain char exp and frags and these missions are just awful.

so i headed to the only good mission i knew was still available, the labs S2. it was very busy w/ party names such as "the flames event is boring" etc.

i made a party called honoo no bakayarou and ppl joined very fast. looks like we can look forward to another month of labs S2 nonstop. oh well, its not so bad i guess.

Speak for yourself. Lots of JP players went to labs, but that's just relative to what you saw.

6% of the requisite 50 million points in less than 7 hours is not what I call unpopular.

Edit: these missions are killfests. Moatoob has well over 120 enemies. 20 minutes to waste them all, AND while we failed, we still came out with a 10k reward. That's not bad at all.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lyrise on 2007-02-22 10:22 ]</font>

On 2007-02-22 07:59, Inazuma wrote:

you're not playing for any of that stuff though. the key reward here is the end reward. weapons, week of 3 luck and aother outstanding things. as far as a know currently this is the only way to get the "real" series weapons.

Sadly, getting real series is even harder than you think, they can only be obtained through a netcafe.

On 2007-02-22 10:23, Lyrise wrote:
    Sadly, getting real series is even harder than you think, they can only be obtained through a netcafe.
    i was just trying to make the point that, its not the exp and mps that are the key rewards in this event.

Still, I can't complain. Can still get neat stuff like Burning rangers poster. And the fact that the exp is great in Moatoob A, level 95 stuff >.>