I'm one of those people who originally got this game at launch and then got impatient with the slow rate of updates and some of the other issues this game had at launch. So, after about a month or so, I left for WoW. I pretty much wrote off PSU at that point.

However, I've been a fan of the Phantasy Star games since the Genesis days and I absolutely loved PSO, so I kept tabs on this board. When I heard AotI was coming out, I waited to see how it was received.

When I heard good things from the players I decided to give it another go.

I have to say: I am very, very impressed.

Now, finally, from the get-go, there's lots of things to do, places to visit, reasons to play. It seems like cash is dropping in much more sane amounts now, making it feel less 'grindy' when I play.

In fact, despite my rough start with this game a year ago, I have to admit... I'm starting to get that old PSO feeling again. That's a good thing.

So, I'm mostly posting this in case there's other players like me out there, players that tried PSU a year ago and might not have gotten into it (or who stayed away because of the bad reviews). Ambition of the Illuminus is an AWESOME expansion. It feels like PSU is what it should have been a year ago. If you loved PSO and/or you're tired of the WoW-scene and really want to play a more action-oriented online rpg: play this game.

I'm not saying its the greatest game ever made or anything like, but it is fun. And now that they've tweaked the combat engine and added tons of content to it, its so worth playing. Trust me: I was VERY down on this game a year ago, so for me to turn around ~ a year later ~ and give it high marks should count for something. Hopefully we can get more of the old PSO'ers to come back and join us!