Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by desturel View Post
    Guess people are running out of places to store their money. Of course adding digits to the money system will cause amazing inflation on item costs. Things that use to cost 10mil will now cost 100mil. things that cost 99mil will cost 999mil (or more depending on the number of digits added). Sure it makes sense to expand the economy because of how easy it is to get money, but I still don't think this is the best idea.
    exactly how would that cause inflation, you still have the same amount of money and things are still worth the same amount just now you can hold more than 99 mil. its not like there adding a extra zero to your money as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Confused View Post
    exactly how would that cause inflation, you still have the same amount of money and things are still worth the same amount just now you can hold more than 99 mil. its not like there adding a extra zero to your money as well.
    * It is stated that it would be very difficult to change the number of digits used to price items.
    * An increase in digits could take place if a new shop system is implemented.

If things won't increase in price, then there's no need to add in extra digits. Because people will be able to hold more money, they will have more money to spend. Because people have more money to spend, big ticket rare items will increase in price. The limiting factor on the price of an item right now is that you can only spend max meseta at most to get an item.

If you look in the trade forums, people are asking for two and three stacks of money for their trade items. Do you really think if the shops can now hold an extra digit worth of money or 900 million that people will not charge 900 million for their items?

With more room to expand, prices will always go as far towards the upper limit as possible. I'd suggest you brush up on basic economics.

I'm not saying that di-photons will now be work 100k or anything. I'm saying a Relic Edge which currently sells for around 1mil because that's the max the economy can support, may cost 5mil. An Agito Repca board which currently costs 40mil may cost 100mil or more.