Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

BAAAWWWWWW NO GBA SLOT-oh wait, I don't play any GBA games or DS games that require a GBA slot, guess I don't give a shit about that. Pokemon can transfer from the old GBA games, so if I ever use that feature ever again, I'll just dust off the damn DS Lite that I will still have sitting on the shelf after purchasing DSi. I'm hoping they upgrade the networking hardware in that thing, I demand 802.11g and at the very least WPA encryption. That download service might be region locked though, so I might have to wait to get one.

Not too excited but, if this thing is done like the PSP, I might buy it. The camera and web browser seem outlandish but I'm guessing Nintendo's main idea is to make this a kind of "lifestyle" device that you bring everywhere. I could care less about the GBA slot loss. I doubt Nintendo is laughing about all the Pokemon Platinum buyers-to-be and how they won't get to use Pal Park. They'll probably implement something.

I'm cheap and don't feel like buying another (4th!) DS, an mp3 player, and a digital camera which I would only use casually anyway. The DSi might be perfect for me. I currently use my PSP as my portable audio player of choice, but the DSi clam shell would better suit my pockets - assuming the music will still play when the clam shell is closed (sleep mode).

I play plenty of GBA games, but I own a micro. The only thing I would be missing out on is the Band Brothers expansion pack and those cute GBA-DS features some developers like to implement. I never got into Guitar Hero DS.

...and it turns out the system will be region-locked.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro_Vordex View Post
    Because camera phones are meant for that. :/
    My point being that camera phones being pretty much a dime a dozen nowadays, and thus, low resolution cameras being nigh-unfathomable in this day and age.

For the record - Comparing this to the GB Micro isn't quite right. The GB Micro had no extra features compared to the SP. The GB Color, on the other hand, had games specifically made for it that would not work on previous Game Boys, hence the reference.

But none of this matters - if they DID make a new Pokemon Snap, I would be the first in line (or at least as close to first as I could get.) Pokemon Snap is easily one of the most under-appreciated games from the 32/64 bit era.

Quote Originally Posted by Outrider View Post
    ...and it turns out the system will be region-locked.
    ...Only for DSi-specific software, that is. DS software is still region-free.

ProTip: To damage your credibility, simply call any of the Phantasy Star games "massively-multiplayer."

Vaguely effeminite DS/Dice weilding Mac using Vamp Wyndham's Avatar

I don't understand why people hate the Gameboy micro. it's my favourite gameboy ever. I have the Famicom version, and I love it. it's tiny, horizontal, metal, replacable faceplates, and it's spifftaculastacious.
    I'm not sure about getting the DSi, but the lack of GBA support doesnt bug me. at all.
    My sig disappeared.

Ok well since my DS broke and my dad wouldn't let me use his that often, i'll get one of these. Although no GBA slot is lame. And yes, my dad has a DS. Weird as hell whenever I see him playing brain age.
    Quote Originally Posted by loukaras View Post
    PSO-World is a game?

Quote Originally Posted by Wyndham View Post
    I don't understand why people hate the Gameboy micro. it's my favourite gameboy ever. I have the Famicom version, and I love it. it's tiny, horizontal, metal, replacable faceplates, and it's spifftaculastacious.
    I'm not sure about getting the DSi, but the lack of GBA support doesnt bug me. at all.
    Probably because it's ridiculously small and brings nothing new to the table.

That, and it launched after the DS, which brings up the question... Why would I buy a GameBoy Micro when I can buy a DS, which can do everything the GameBoy Micro can, in addition to playing DS games?

ProTip: To damage your credibility, simply call any of the Phantasy Star games "massively-multiplayer."

Quote Originally Posted by Kent View Post
    ...Only for DSi-specific software, that is. DS software is still region-free.
    Right, right. That's what I meant.

Personally, I think the Micro is a nice little piece of hardware. Keep in mind, nobody questioned why Sony put out the smaller Playstation or Playstation 2. (I understand the circumstances are definitely different, but they're similar to some extent.) My brother has a GB Micro and I like it quite a bit. For anybody who has to take the train or a bus a lot and isn't going to load up their pockets with a bulky DS (less of a point with the DS Lite), the GB Micro can be a welcome change if you're only planning on playing GBA games and you want to carry it around with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Outrider View Post
    Personally, I think the Micro is a nice little piece of hardware. Keep in mind, nobody questioned why Sony put out the smaller Playstation or Playstation 2. (I understand the circumstances are definitely different, but they're similar to some extent.) My brother has a GB Micro and I like it quite a bit. For anybody who has to take the train or a bus a lot and isn't going to load up their pockets with a bulky DS (less of a point with the DS Lite), the GB Micro can be a welcome change if you're only planning on playing GBA games and you want to carry it around with you.
    That's how I feel about the micro. It's so small, you can carry it in any pocket, purse, or pouch. It can fit in wallets, too!

After hearing more info on the DSi, I lost some interest in the product. It certainly would be nice as an audio player & game device (like my beloved PSP), especially with that clamshell. But, the region-locked aspect bothers me a little bit. More importantly, with all those software features and built-in flash memory, I think it's safe to say that firmware updates for the DSi are a given. Of course, Nintendo is free to do whatever they want to their console, but I don't want a portable device as restrictive to import gaming as the Wii (regarding DSi software).