Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default FOmar vs. FOnewm

I'm going to make a techer class, and I'm curious which you think would be the best. I was leaning towards FOnewm for pure teching power, but a few topics mention that FOmar is quite good. Are there any basic stat charts for this game yet? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by _Vyser_ View Post
    I'm going to make a techer class, and I'm curious which you think would be the best. I was leaning towards FOnewm for pure teching power, but a few topics mention that FOmar is quite good. Are there any basic stat charts for this game yet? Thanks.
    There's a chart floating around somewhere in this forum a few pages back. Both play rather nice though as techs in general are strong in the highest difficulty

Ah found the chart, thanks. Interesting how a FOmar has better stats than a FOnewm. Do FOnewm have some hidden abilities to make up for the lower stats? If not, looks like I'm going FOmar :O

I'm not sure... It's possible since it designed to be like PSO. I know FOmarl gets a boost to resta and both newmans get PP regen. But you can get units for the PP regen to restore up to 5PP every 3-5 seconds

Alright, thanks for all your help.

Out of the forces, the FOnewm is kinda the weakest. They have the lowest PP and hit, and second-lowest HP, power, guard, and swift.

In my spare time I made a quick comparison thingy, ranking each class's stats at level 100 with the other forces.

4 3 2 1 HP
    2 4 1 3 PP
    4 3 2 1 Power
    4 3 2 1 Guard
    3 4 1 2 Hit
    1 3 2 4 Swift
    1 2 3 4 Mind
    (They go by FOmar, FOmarl, FOnewm, and FOnewearl)

Then I made the average rank of each one.
    FOmar: 2.71
    FOmarl: 3.14
    FOnewm: 1.85
    FOnewearl: 2.28

The newmen do get the PP recovery though, which is pretty sweet, but that can easily be remedied with a PP recovery unit. (And yes, I made comparison charts for hunters and rangers too... also one comparing hunters, rangers, and forces. HUnewms and HUnewearls actually tied for first.)

Edit: Also, a bunch of posts appeared as I was typing this. <_<

Something I forgot, I heard that each force gets a bonus to certain spells, like FOmarl gets an enhanced range with resta and anti, FOnewearls with s/d and j/z, but I'm not sure what FOmars or FOnewearls get.
    Last edited by Shiroyu; Jan 10, 2009 at 12:51 AM.
    Blue Blue Glass Moon, Under the Crimson Air
    PSŲ (JP): ジェネヴィヴ (Lv.58 HUnewearl) :: Dahlia (Lv.26 FOmarl) :: X-MASS (Lv.06 HUcaseal)
    PSŲ (US): Potpourri (Lv.00 FOnewearl) :: Adelina (Lv.00 RAmarl) :: Brynhildr (Lv.00 RAcaseal)

Quote Originally Posted by Shiroyu View Post
    Something I forgot, I heard that each force gets a bonus to certain spells, like FOmarl gets an enhanced range with resta and anti, FOnewearls with s/d and j/z, but I'm not sure what FOmars or FOnewearls get.
    I'm really curious to hear more about this.

If it stems from what ended up happening in PSO, FOmars would get a bonus to the support techniques you listed for the FOnewearl...

Which made sense at the time, being that FOmars in the days of PSO were very well-designed around the idea of being a sort of "battlemage" - they got the range bonus to support techniques, and then the damage bonus to the mid-level (Gi-) techniques, which worked out really well. However, being that there aren't really "mid-level" techniques any more, it's hard to say a logically-defined estimate to which, if any, attack techniques would be a good guess to which they'd get a boost.

Unless they get a boost to the charged versions of the light and dark spells, which, according to what I've read, have the Gi- prefix.

ProTip: To damage your credibility, simply call any of the Phantasy Star games "massively-multiplayer."

my fomar's s/d can fill an entire room in range, not sure if its because there capped at 15 or not but there definatly smaller range than my 15 j/z so i think fomar gets s/d boost. fomar allso gets 100 mats instead of the newman's 80.
    my fomar's ppregen lvl5 is not as good as a fonewman's pp regen.

I can't really compare tho since the only fo i have is a fomar (with 100hp mats on it x3)

Going by JP ps0 wiki, male force attack tech are 120% and normal support. Female force attack tech are normal and heal + support tech effectiveness increased.

Not very sure what this "effectiveness" is exactly.

it means it heals more with resta and the support like shifta probably adds more?