Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Default What is your favorite Protrancer Weapon

I am now going protrancer and I was curious to find out what other peoples favorite weapons are. This way I might possibly learn some things for myself. Also combinations would be nice to know as well. Like are you just using spear and bow. Are you using one of 3 on melee and 3 on guns? If you have a interesting way of putting your armor as well would love to see it here.
    How Are You Set Up?

Just started playing protranser myself. Fun class. But mainly using cannon, shotgun, and bow since first time playing a class that uses these and need to get the levels up. Also use knuckles (robado, zubba) and spears (robado, majarra) to do some quick damge. Havent messed around with swords or axes yet, but will eventually. Shotgun is probably my favorite.

Dayton/Fairborn/Troy/Springfield, OH, USA

I usually have my pallet like this:

Saber+Handgun
    Spear
    Shotgun
    Laser
    Bow
    Grenade

Sometimes I use an extra spear, shotgun or saber+handgun, and take out the bow or grenade, depending on what I run. Sometimes I use an Axe, but Grenades seem to overshadow Jabroga for the most part.

The most damaging weapons in general are Spear and Shotgun. For bosses, Grenade and Bow.
    ~360~ MCVelvetJanuary
    ~Skyly~ Beseal 180 AF/FF/WT | True Villain Caseal 170+ AT/GT
    Violent Violet Caseal 180 PT/GM/FM | Mistress Vulcana Newearl 179+ MF

Quote Originally Posted by mvffin View Post
    I usually have my pallet like this:

Saber+Handgun
    Spear
    Shotgun
    Laser
    Bow
    Grenade

Sometimes I use an extra spear, shotgun or saber+handgun, and take out the bow or grenade, depending on what I run. Sometimes I use an Axe, but Grenades seem to overshadow Jabroga for the most part.

The most damaging weapons in general are Spear and Shotgun. For bosses, Grenade and Bow.
    Quote Originally Posted by kejen View Post
    Just started playing protranser myself. Fun class. But mainly using cannon, shotgun, and bow since first time playing a class that uses these and need to get the levels up. Also use knuckles (robado, zubba) and spears (robado, majarra) to do some quick damge. Havent messed around with swords or axes yet, but will eventually. Shotgun is probably my favorite.
    How do you like the sword/gun combo. If I remember correctly I used that combo once before but it was a long time ago and I dont remember if I liked it or not. XD

My pallete at the moment is
    Speak
    Sword
    Axe
    Shotgun
    Bow
    Gernade Launcher
    I was going for a 3 and 3 thing although I already have all the melee moves to 50 and I really seem to be leaning more towards guns 99% of the time. So I am wondering If I should become a gunner somtimes. Although my human protrancer is 137 and my cast is 49 so you can see where my problem might be with that.
    For me bow definatly seems like a must have and then I believe comes shotgun then spear after that its whatever. =p

I personally stick to my guns more than anything because that's how I like to play, but the melee weapons are nice to mix things up a bit when you are getting bored, or when that Ubakrada smacked you down needs a lesson from an Agito Repca.

My current pallete:
    Sword
    Sword
    Spear
    Handgun+Saber
    Shotgun
    Laser Cannon
    Kubara Wood - You've never seen wood like this!

Sophos | Ship 02

as a protranser the best weapons to use r shotgun laser cannon and gernade launcher reason being protranser has 800atp less than fortefighter at max lvl which is significant but only has about 80 atp less than fortegunner also at max lvl so u will do about the same damage u should b doin w/ ur guns but w/ striking u do significantly less thats y i say stick to ur shottty laser andlauncher and mby even bow but u do more damage w/ shotty for sure and ofcourse ur ex traps r extremely useful GL w/ prottranser its a pretty fun class if u ever need help im usualy aROUND
    HEAD HUNTER-beast-150-20 fighmaster/20 fortefighter/20 protranser/20 fortegunner/10 fighgunner/20 protranser
    CHAOS MAGE-newman-150-20 fortetecher/10 acrotecher
    hellbent-cast-150-20 fighmaster/20 gunmaster/20 guntecher/20 fortegunner
    guild-Alternative Learning EU#-30011665
    http://psupedia.info/User:Hell_Bent
    http://boards2.sega.com/psu_board/viewtopic.php?t=99046

Quote Originally Posted by Csero View Post
    I personally stick to my guns more than anything because that's how I like to play, but the melee weapons are nice to mix things up a bit when you are getting bored, or when that Ubakrada smacked you down needs a lesson from an Agito Repca.

My current pallete:
    Sword
    Sword
    Spear
    Handgun+Saber
    Shotgun
    Laser Cannon
    Quote Originally Posted by fortetoker View Post
    as a protranser the best weapons to use r shotgun laser cannon and gernade launcher reason being protranser has 800atp less than fortefighter at max lvl which is significant but only has about 80 atp less than fortegunner also at max lvl so u will do about the same damage u should b doin w/ ur guns but w/ striking u do significantly less thats y i say stick to ur shottty laser andlauncher and mby even bow but u do more damage w/ shotty for sure and ofcourse ur ex traps r extremely useful GL w/ prottranser its a pretty fun class if u ever need help im usualy aROUND
    Well I do not like swords very much and I have greatly noticed what you mean about swords atleast untill you hit 20 protrancer. Also gun photon arts go to 40 while melee only gose to 30. But I realize if I am just going to use guns 99% of the time I should just be a gunner should I?
    EX traps a long time ago used to be really fun and great to use when I first used protrancer and they actualy laster. Sence they have been nerfed they dont last at all compared. Now I go through all my traps just cleaning out 1 weak room during this event for the most part.
    But what do you think of this? I turn my main character and have my brother turn protrancer. Then make my cast a full blown gunner sence the photon arts for the melee like I said are already 50. So that way lets say I gain this fancy new shotgun on protrancer then everyone can use it. But Id have to say the biggest reason Im not a gunner already is because. They cant seem to use bows whicch is like my favorite weapon. Also because Ive never been a gunner before Im sure Id try and become a gunmaster. Which means I am limited because my second favorite is twin pistols and machine guns. So what do you think I should do?
    Last edited by Melissa805; Feb 2, 2009 at 12:00 PM.

well when u use a trap u hav cant switch to another wep/traap or the trap will stop burnning/freezing etc. but deciding to become gunner depends if u use the ex traps or not sure if u dont use em u might wana switch to a main class especialy if ur intereswted in fighter weps but if ur using the guns protransers can use as a fortegunner/master you'll be doing about the samre damage w/ a wider variety of guns (i no way to much about this game lol)
    HEAD HUNTER-beast-150-20 fighmaster/20 fortefighter/20 protranser/20 fortegunner/10 fighgunner/20 protranser

As a 150 CAST Gunmaster with many 41+ bullets I find I am unbelieveably powerful. If you think you might enjoy hanging back and doleing out the harshness, then got for it. It may not have MG's but you'll have to be a GT to become a GM so if you like you can switch back to that whe you are in a MG mood. Or hell, you could just stay a Guntecher, they can use both Twin Handguns and MG's.
    Kubara Wood - You've never seen wood like this!

Sophos | Ship 02

Quote Originally Posted by Melissa805 View Post
    Well I do not like swords very much and I have greatly noticed what you mean about swords atleast untill you hit 20 protrancer. Also gun photon arts go to 40 while melee only gose to 30. But I realize if I am just going to use guns 99% of the time I should just be a gunner should I?
    EX traps a long time ago used to be really fun and great to use when I first used protrancer and they actualy laster. Sence they have been nerfed they dont last at all compared. Now I go through all my traps just cleaning out 1 weak room during this event for the most part.
    But what do you think of this? I turn my main character and have my brother turn protrancer. Then make my cast a full blown gunner sence the photon arts for the melee like I said are already 50. So that way lets say I gain this fancy new shotgun on protrancer then everyone can use it. But Id have to say the biggest reason Im not a gunner already is because. They cant seem to use bows whicch is like my favorite weapon. Also because Ive never been a gunner before Im sure Id try and become a gunmaster. Which means I am limited because my second favorite is twin pistols and machine guns. So what do you think I should do?
    ive gone gm and its a fun class bcuz u shoot alot faster and yeah twin handdguns r great u should give iy a try.