Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Master Fighter Techer and Gunner

Alright I hope I am not bothering anyone by posting this topic I just had some little questions. I am looking to gather as much information about what I am planning todo as I can like I always do.
    Alright well instead of doing master fighter on beast master gunner on cast and so on I have to admit I do not feel like lvling a nother character to 150 and I am a human so I thought hey why dont I do all the jobs I want on one character. I am normaly a protrancer so I thought it might be nice to unlock the 3 jobs. I have already done Master Fighter and Master Gunner. Now I just need todo master techer. For my first question I would like to ask what people know about master gunner. I think I already know all about master fighter but all information is nice. But Master gunner info like what do you think is the best gun or armor or photon arts for certain guns. what are its strengths and weakness's?
    Down to my second and most important question, as well as why I am really posting this topic. To be honest in all my time on psu I have never lvl'ed a techer never bothered to learn anything about one or anything. But now Id really like to use techer so I went out and got every tech for it and now im sitting here looking at this big list of techs still just randomly going through them asking what dose this one do.
    So of coarse if anyone has any info or suggestions about how you feel about this tech over this tech and so on or maybe if I should lvl this one before this other. Maybe even wand vs rod. Id love to learn as much about the job I am soon going to use as I can. I have to admit I mostly sit in a mission and try to lvl up my buffs and cures on wartecher to unlock mastertecher because I dont want people getting mad at me once they see my techs are lvl 1.
    So please feel free to express your opinions on this matter

(Short Discription: Tips Or Personal Thoughs On Master Techer and MasterGunner.

If you want to level techs, right now is the time to do it!!! In the Carnival there is a room at the end to the left of the teleporter which spawns 6 Polty with Ungodly HP and they can't pass a certain line, in 2 weeks I leveled most of my techs from lv 1 - lv 21. It takes a REALLY long time to do it normally... that's why I've always put it off. Bring Fire Armor because the some of the later techs have a REALLY small radius at lv 1... Gi & Dam and it can be annoying.

Edit: Oh yeah if you want to Solo really quick do Shock Staff... it has 2 Hearts & 1 Rose... then just Defeat the 50 or so Polty and then Abandon Mission.
    Last edited by rayner; Feb 10, 2009 at 10:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rayner View Post
    If you want to level techs, right now is the time to do it!!! In the Carnival there is a room at the end to the left of the teleporter which spawns 6 Polty with Ungodly HP and they can't pass a certain line, in 2 weeks I leveled most of my techs from lv 1 - lv 21. It takes a REALLY long time to do it normally... that's why I've always put it off. Bring Fire Armor because the some of the later techs have a REALLY small radius at lv 1... Gi & Dam and it can be annoying.
    I have been tryen to lvl up that gibarda I think it is in that corner and the small range at my lvl 1 is bad I have to like push theme into a corner then use it on them. I am just tryen to get as much out of lvling each of these jobs as I can. Like when I lvled up my gun jobs for gunmaster I was always working on my shotgun for my protrancer and did my bow for protrancer on guntecher and so on but now I cant use shotgun or bow so its up to lvling my techs for mastertecher and such. But I am currently tryen to cap my resta giresta and buffs I figured even if my attack spells were horrible maybe some people wouldnt notice if I kept the things that affect them up.

Quote Originally Posted by Melissa805 View Post
    I have been tryen to lvl up that gibarda I think it is in that corner and the small range at my lvl 1 is bad I have to like push theme into a corner then use it on them. I am just tryen to get as much out of lvling each of these jobs as I can. Like when I lvled up my gun jobs for gunmaster I was always working on my shotgun for my protrancer and did my bow for protrancer on guntecher and so on but now I cant use shotgun or bow so its up to lvling my techs for mastertecher and such. But I am currently tryen to cap my resta giresta and buffs I figured even if my attack spells were horrible maybe some people wouldnt notice if I kept the things that affect them up.
    Capping Giresta & Buffs is not advisable on a Masterforce... since lv 10 is the Max. The cool thing about Techs is that they are usable on all 3 Tech-weapons... just different speeds really and power... and Rods can get really powerful with 4 of the same type element against opposite element... there is a hidden modyfier due to their slower speed.

Quote Originally Posted by rayner View Post
    Capping Giresta & Buffs is not advisable on a Masterforce... since lv 10 is the Max. The cool thing about Techs is that they are usable on all 3 Tech-weapons... just different speeds really and power... and Rods can get really powerful with 4 of the same type element against opposite element... there is a hidden modyfier due to their slower speed.
    Someone told me that rods were better and the second hand thing is such a pain because of coarse I am only using it for hard techs so I thought Id just get a full pallete of rods. Wow only 10 huh well I am already done then. >.> But still I need to lvl up fortetecher to 10 still so I am sure it wont hurt. Also I really do like being able to help and heal people but on the other hand people see you heal them and expect you to always heal them and get mad at you when you dont do it right away which made me never want todo the job before as well.

I say stick with being a fighmaster or master gunner. My human character is a fighmaster and I can easily out damage a lot of other fighmasters in the server. Although it sucks humans dont have a nano blast, running around with some of the weapons I got is even better.
    PSU - Xbox 360 - QuickSilver 159 Human Fighmaster, Synergy 145 Cast Gunmaster
    Howzers Killed: 3
    Theres no comfort in the truth, pain is all you'll find...

Quote Originally Posted by Melissa805 View Post
    Someone told me that rods were better and the second hand thing is such a pain because of coarse I am only using it for hard techs so I thought Id just get a full pallete of rods. Wow only 10 huh well I am already done then. >.> But still I need to lvl up fortetecher to 10 still so I am sure it wont hurt. Also I really do like being able to help and heal people but on the other hand people see you heal them and expect you to always heal them and get mad at you when you dont do it right away which made me never want todo the job before as well.
    I personally love rods... was a hater until I tried one with 4 same-type Element I recently got my 1st Psycho Wand ( it's a Rod ) and I'm loving it. If you already don't own one, a Har / Quick is almost a necessity... especially when trying to level techs, because it increases your attack-speed. At the cost of -100 TP, which isn't so bad... but it will help level them techs. Yeah basically with Gi-techs back them little guys into the corner... you could level them to lv 11 in 2 A-Runs... maybe 1 S-Run. Also Nosdiga is a MUST... level it first... at lv 11 you get 2 hits and at lv 21 you get 3 hits.

Quote Originally Posted by Q.U.I.C.K.S.I.L.V.E.R View Post
    I say stick with being a fighmaster or master gunner. My human character is a fighmaster and I can easily out damage a lot of other fighmasters in the server. Although it sucks humans dont have a nano blast, running around with some of the weapons I got is even better.
    Fighmaster can easily out dammage anything if you know how to use the diffrent weapons to your advantage and have some decent ones and I easily did this but then I realized why should I play a game like this just for the dammage imma do it to have fun which is why I went back to protrancer. I even lvled up my force and ranger in a 150 S run pt you think anyone even noticed?

My main is a FT, I tried MF and hated it. I don't have the greatest hp on my FT, but it is way greater then the hp of a MF. As for spells, I'm a huge fan of dambarta, and damfoie. Both make great mob control when you solo. The question of rods to wands is all a matter of preference, I mainly do rods, bc of the drain on PP of most of my holding spells, but if you wanna throw a quick heal the tech-mag is the way to go. Hope this helps. I'm on the 360 and willing to help if you need it.
    Worst/ best fanfic ever. Good for laughs, check out the guy's others. <-- Try not to laugh
    Pupil me please. Lonereaper has the rare noodle bowl, so there is a chance for it, also pyrocles115 is basically a tank.
    http://lonereaper.mybrute.com<-- Try it out
    http://Pyrocles115.mybrute.com<-- Try it out
    http://immortal2plz.mybrute.com<-- Try it out

Random "Nice" Swordsman Calsetes's Avatar

I am by no means an expert on the subject, but these are some of my observations:

Gunmaster Armor - I use a Storm Line for armor (since it has pretty nice defense, evasion, and 4 slots including the all-important arm slot) with a C-rank MST-booster in the head slot, a Cati/Bullet Save in the arm slot, an Orpad / Guard in the body slot, and Paradi Cataract in the extra slot (but since you're a human, you might want to throw something like an aura field unit in there, something to boost your stamina).

Gunmaster Weapons - I usually pick 3 weapons per person to be their specializations, and as such she uses rifles, laser cannons, and shotguns. Twin handguns are nice if you like to be a mobile Gunmaster, but since I'm more a fan of the "turret" strategy (i.e. equip a weapon, get in a corner, go into first person aiming, and fire away), I figured I'd go with a shotgun instead. Plus, the shotgun is nice in case mobs get too close, or if there's a big mob that you're fighting and there's a healer around (you can run up and shoot him point-blank and get some bullets to hit multiple hitboxes multiple times).

Gunmaster Bullets - It's recommended you get every bullet for every gun just for their versatility, and so you're prepared no matter what happens. When it comes to leveling them though, I usually just start at the top of the list and work my way down them in bursts - i.e. start every weapon with fire bullets, use my rifles first (switching weapons when they're empty) until they hit level 11, then moving on to my next weapon, then to the third weapon. After all fire bullets are at level 11, you start with ice using the same method. Unless you're soloing, or you're with a party that demands you use the right bullets at all times, nobody really minds if you're laying into fire enemies with a fire bullet at lower levels, since they don't get that big a percentage to their elements until maybe 21 or 31-ish.

Fighmaster Armor - I use a Rabol Lumirus since again, it has those all-important Arm, Body, and Extra slots on it. For my arm slot, I use a Cati/Skill Save, for the Body an Orpad / Guard (I alternate it between my Gunmaster and my main), and an Aura Field in the Extra slot for the stamina boost (plus, it looks kinda cool).

Fighmaster Weapons - I used a lot of swords when I was using Fortefighter, so that was the only weapon that had leveled PAs for it. As such, I used a Heavy Cutter and a Kan Yu (I can't afford a Repca and I can't justify the De Ragan Slayic for the price). I used a Crea Doubles and a Double Agito for doublesabers, and grabbed a Gekitsnata (spear) and an Okanoh (axe) so I could level my Protranser's skills at the same time. With melee weapons, my usual recommended strategy is grab one of every element so you can switch to any weapon at any time and be prepared - I don't see why someone would need 6 axes, 6 spears, 6 swords, and 6 doublesabers on them all at the same time when 6 weapons will do you just fine.

Fighmaster PAs - I'd recommend getting all PAs for whatever weapons you want to use. If you max the PAs for a melee weapon type, such as all three sword PAs hitting level 50, you can either stick with what you got on or you can do what I do, and swap out those for another weapon in the same elements so you still have one of every element on you, but you're not wasting PP without increasing a PA at the same time.

I haven't used Force classes a lot, so I can't really be any help there. Hope this info helps you out a good bit.
    Last edited by Calsetes; Feb 10, 2009 at 11:09 AM.
    Stupid, stupid rat creatures!