Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forgot about nosdiga. Best damage spell to a single unit once it gets to 21+, plus has the ability to stun. On an S2 SW I'm hitting around 7500 per cast. Also noszonde is good once it levels up, bc its range can keep you out of harm's way, plus it ends up getting the knockdown effect.
    My setup: Serafi-senba, Har/quick, doesn't really matter about arm, not really striking anytime soon, orpad/guard or other resists, and an aura field.
    Last edited by sephiroth115; Feb 10, 2009 at 11:04 AM.
    Worst/ best fanfic ever. Good for laughs, check out the guy's others. <-- Try not to laugh
    Pupil me please. Lonereaper has the rare noodle bowl, so there is a chance for it, also pyrocles115 is basically a tank.
    http://lonereaper.mybrute.com<-- Try it out
    http://Pyrocles115.mybrute.com<-- Try it out
    http://immortal2plz.mybrute.com<-- Try it out

Quote Originally Posted by Calsetes View Post
    I am by no means an expert on the subject, but these are some of my observations:

Gunmaster Armor - I use a Storm Line for armor (since it has pretty nice defense, evasion, and 4 slots including the all-important arm slot) with a C-rank MST-booster in the head slot, a Cati/Bullet Save in the arm slot, an Orpad / Guard in the body slot, and Paradi Cataract in the extra slot (but since you're a human, you might want to throw something like an aura field unit in there, something to boost your stamina).

Gunmaster Weapons - I usually pick 3 weapons per person to be their specializations, and as such she uses rifles, laser cannons, and shotguns. Twin handguns are nice if you like to be a mobile Gunmaster, but since I'm more a fan of the "turret" strategy (i.e. equip a weapon, get in a corner, go into first person aiming, and fire away), I figured I'd go with a shotgun instead. Plus, the shotgun is nice in case mobs get too close, or if there's a big mob that you're fighting and there's a healer around (you can run up and shoot him point-blank and get some bullets to hit multiple hitboxes multiple times).

Gunmaster Bullets - It's recommended you get every bullet for every gun just for their versatility, and so you're prepared no matter what happens. When it comes to leveling them though, I usually just start at the top of the list and work my way down them in bursts - i.e. start every weapon with fire bullets, use my rifles first (switching weapons when they're empty) until they hit level 11, then moving on to my next weapon, then to the third weapon. After all fire bullets are at level 11, you start with ice using the same method. Unless you're soloing, or you're with a party that demands you use the right bullets at all times, nobody really minds if you're laying into fire enemies with a fire bullet at lower levels, since they don't get that big a percentage to their elements until maybe 21 or 31-ish.
    Agrees w/ you to a point for low end gear on a good gunmaster but your play style is a bit off since they shine with two weapons in general and one of which you need to be up close and personal with.

On my gunmaster before my little issue I had all element stormlines 30% and higher, I would've loved an Armas line or two to have better stats but whoa nelly price tag way over budget.

Stormline
    Hizeri / Mind or Orpa / Mind
    Lumirus / Kaos Knight - the extra damage pays off over saving an extra shot or two
    Resist / units (had all units minus vijeri, that someone could not cure with a sol or anitmate)
    Paradi - the Easy button

Setting up a gunmaster is your own thing, but most will have similar set ups from what I've seen

1-2 rifles
    1-2 shotguns
    1 twin pistol
    1 laser cannon

Rifles for applying SE's and knocking down mobs, things can be easily applied and shot gun equipped at that time to go in for final blow.
    Choke points or hallways great for laser cannons, they're not recommended for single target use due to higher PP usage and lack of true mobility
    Twins for running around those god damn diga balls or rockets, stay mobile and shoot fast

I wouldn't say it's all about your bullet skills either, but it really is. The elemental % that you can dish out after 41 is reached is really nice. Seeing over 2k a shot for a laser per mob = joygasm. They take time but they are worth it, GM's are still up there with fortegunner and fortetecher as being the easiest classes to solo with.

There should be some good gear floating out on the xbox servers now that used to be mine so if you buy it go for it, I'm done with this game until I get a PC again.
    Last edited by DarkEliteRico; Feb 10, 2009 at 11:14 AM.
    Make Em Bleed!!

Character info (trial phase): http://psupedia.info/User:RahXephon

http://digitaldelights.tumblr.com/

Random "Nice" Swordsman Calsetes's Avatar

Yeah, my Gunmaster's not my main, so I don't have a lot of time and energy put into her (but still a good amount since she's the most-used alt). Plus I'm somewhat poor, so I couldn't afford an Armas line or some of those higher-end units and such. I'm sure once I hit 50 with one of my weapons of choice for her I'll start using twin handguns, and once all my bullets are maxed, I'll probably switch over to some sort of an ATA & ATP-boosting unit in my arm slot.

Something I forgot to mention with weapons is (at least for me) I don't feel any urges to have multiple similar weapons on my palettes - I like a little variety, which is why I have a Rattlesnake and a Blackbull, a Shigga Desta and a Shigga Baret, and a Meteor Cannon and a Ryusaikanoh - if I were to add twin handguns in there, they'd probably be a Battlestopper and a Twin Tornado (or some other non-Battlestopper Twin). Same goes for my Fighmaster - I like the "Weapons Master" look of having 3 or 4 completely different swords and such.
    Stupid, stupid rat creatures!

Well the thing is exept for mastertecher you can use both fightmaster and gunner with only 1 good weapon in your pallete if you have photon charges for example I have a good spread needle g I got from a friend when he quit I can just take that with me with some photon charges and no one would ever know. Same gose with the fighmaster get yourself a axe with jabroga and a spear with dus majara and no one will notice its just you have to have the rods for techer for the diffrent spells.

Here is a nother question dose resta get alot better range after you lvl it up because I feel like I need to attack people to cure them.
    Last edited by Melissa805; Feb 10, 2009 at 12:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Melissa805 View Post
    Well the thing is exept for mastertecher you can use both fightmaster and gunner with only 1 good weapon in your pallete if you have photon charges for example I have a good spread needle g I got from a friend when he quit I can just take that with me with some photon charges and no one would ever know. Same gose with the fighmaster get yourself a axe with jabroga and a spear with dus majara and no one will notice its just you have to have the rods for techer for the diffrent spells.
    Do that as a fighter and you'll quickly see the "player has been removed" message. Useful in moderation but unless you're soloing those moves scatter mobs which piss other players off. If you're going master it SHOULD be because you know your moves, know when to use them to their full effect.

Gunners should have multiple weapons not just one for using charges left and right with as well, you loose out on getting SE hits on larger creatures and can't pick things off from a distance or line up mobs that way. Only reason for multiple guns is so you don't have to swap elements out as often. Some missions you'll have the main two elements and can swap for boss if they're different etc.

I'll admit gunners and techers kind of got the shaft because they're all the same weapons for the most part, as a fighter you can use a few more things so you don't always look alike. Some race only weapons would be good for CASTS (killer elite, not out YET) but there are Neuman only weps, beast only weps...and craptastic crea+ weapons
    Make Em Bleed!!

Quote Originally Posted by DarkEliteRico View Post
    Do that as a fighter and you'll quickly see the "player has been removed" message. Useful in moderation but unless you're soloing those moves scatter mobs which piss other players off. If you're going master it SHOULD be because you know your moves, know when to use them to their full effect.

Gunners should have multiple weapons not just one for using charges left and right with as well, you loose out on getting SE hits on larger creatures and can't pick things off from a distance or line up mobs that way. Only reason for multiple guns is so you don't have to swap elements out as often. Some missions you'll have the main two elements and can swap for boss if they're different etc.

I'll admit gunners and techers kind of got the shaft because they're all the same weapons for the most part, as a fighter you can use a few more things so you don't always look alike. Some race only weapons would be good for CASTS (killer elite, not out YET) but there are Neuman only weps, beast only weps...and craptastic crea+ weapons
    Just fyi double saber dose the same thing and swords final move on gravity dose the same so you better be booting all fighmasters to begin with and gunmasters using gernade launchers. By the way I always run my own groups so if anyone complains you will see alot of "removed"

Just fyi double saber dose the same thing and swords final move on gravity dose the same so you better be booting all fighmasters to begin with and gunmasters using gernade launchers. By the way I always run my own groups so if anyone complains you will see alot of "removed"
    Gunmaster can not use grenade launchers. And no I don't remove all fighmasters, I just remove the ones who ONLY rely on jabroga and majarra as their only moves. Moot point because I'm no longer on the xbox servers due to Segas shitty service dealing with having my account being compromised over a week ago
    Make Em Bleed!!

I recommend you stay away from Masterforce for a looong time. Its really not worth it if your techs arent 35+.

To start out with, level up Fortetecher or Acrotecher. Acrotecher is very beginner friendly: higher defensive stats, and faster casting. You can get away with being a all-teching Acrotecher as opposed to an all-teching Wartecher.

I use Rods and Wand/Madoog combo. Rods are just strong, but sometimes you need Madoogs to control enemies. Wands still cast like Fortetecher-Madoog speed so I actually use them in conjunction with Madoogs. I almost use Wands strickly for healing though.

Humans make okay Masterforces. My Masterforce is a CAST and I can keep up with practically every party I join. You should have no problem as a Human.

Quote Originally Posted by Calsetes
    I don't feel any urges to have multiple similar weapons on my palettes - I like a little variety
    While that's a personal preference and, ultimately, of little consequence in normal play, I find it a little irrational.

For example, I currently carry two 0/10 Ryusaikanocs. This is because I'm leveling laser PAs, and the Ryusaikanoc has the best PP/Att ratio: High PP for more shots, Low Att for less damage. They also have an insane PP recovery rate which makes them very well suited for leveling.

Really, I'm all about utility. When leveling Rifles PAs (Prior to the event) I was carrying eight Blackbulls, three, Blackbullics, two Rattlesnacs and a Mizurakihoh just for the PP capacity. Just makes no sense to me to care more about style than effectiveness.
    =Smidge=

Here is a nother question dose resta get alot better range after you lvl it up because I feel like I need to attack people to cure them.
    My set-up as a Fortetecher is

Bow
    Rod - Attack
    Rod - Attack
    Wand / Mag - Attack
    Wand / Mag - Resta / Giresta
    Wand / Mag - Buffs

I basically carry a Bow for looks And I set aside a slot for Healing / Buffs so that leaves 3 slots for attack spells. I use 2 Rods and 1 Wand / Mag combo for quick-cast... and utility. You can even have the Wand as Megid / Ramegid and the Mag Zonde / Noszonde for the 4% bonus, but the rods are the main 2 elements I need for the mission. I carry the bow cause you can't use techs to hit switches... and they look awesome.