Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 714151617181920 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by beatrixkiddo View Post
    Inazuma says MF sucks because it does. He was one of the best MFs on JP, before finally switching to FM.
    It seems to me that Inazuma isn't only talking about MF anymore, but about all classes that aren't FM.

On a side note:
    Like Akio said, playing a FM doesn't take much skill, only a huge amount of meseta. I mean, using Jabroga and Majarra gets kinda boring and neither PA need much skill. And just because somebody doesn't play the easiest to play race/class type combo doesn't mean they suck :l but ok. Casts would be so useless if they didn't have Paradi and everybody would've went Beast FM. I really do hope they nerf Paradi in this new PSU update thing so people can finally use some skills again than rather just fly through missions without any effort and calling themselves good players lol.

Edit: It's like taking the fastet car with the best handling etc. in a racing game, winning all races ONLY with that car and calling yourself a good driver (probably still using a speed up cheat). But than when you take a other car you suddenly totally suck because you notice you have no idea how to even drive without all the support from the good car.
    Last edited by redroses; Feb 15, 2009 at 03:15 PM.
    http://www.pso-world.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic41657_37.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Akio-Kasai View Post
    This is what you and the elitists fail to understand, you think if you're not a FM or Gm you suck at this game, but if you have to be the class that can run things the fastest and blow through anything with no trouble, it's YOU who sucks.

The people defending the other classes, are people who can play this game without that power, without that speed. You still don't understand that playing the best class, means you have less skill.

While the people who play the worse classes, are the people who NEED the skill to survive. Like MF. MF sucks so badly eh? Why? Because you actually receive damage? Because you actually need SKILL to survive?

Get out of your fantasy Inazuma and realize what you're playing takes less skill then any other class you will ever use. You honestly think your fast times are from your skill and not the broken class don't you? Because it isn't, it's from the broken class. Not your skill, and as long as you play the broken classes, you will never have skill. You will only have your inflated ego, and your fantasy world where you believe you are better then everyone because you can play the broken classes.

Have a nice day.

-Akio
    so you think MF requires the most skill to play? considering how well i did w/ it and how rare it was for me to die, that would make me very skilled according to you. i played forces in pso/psu exclusively up until very recently. back in psobb, i remember soloing dark falz in multimode ultimate as a lv 81 fonewearl w/o dieing once.

i consider smart decision making as a skill, and that includes which race/type you play as. you dont see the world's top chess players trying to win their games w/ pawns only b/c it takes more skill to do so. they use the best piece they can, no matter which piece it happens to be. if they are pitted against someone like you who stubbonly uses pawns only in the name of great skill, who do you think will end up as the winner of the game? and who gets the acclaim for being the better player by others?
    Quit PSO2

I agree with Inazuma, even Acrotecher can't even keep up with FM/GM as AT offense damage is pathetic compared to those two even with the lv50 Shifta added!! Though I still put AT above MF/FT, their support is far outdone by FM and GM using Megistrides. AT actually had something going for it before the Masters came out, but not anymore.
    My wanted games of 2013:
    Ducktales(PS3), Ys Celceta(Vita), Beyond: Two Souls(PS3), Legend of Heroes:Sen no Kiseki (PS3, JP version)

You are all wrong if you thought they were going to release some godly new class that beats the rest because for ovious reasons this would throw the game off ballance because if lets say fighmaster was the strongest job in the game and could just pwn everything it would leave the other fight jobs to collect dust if it had no side effects. Ill tell you right now fighmaster is not perfect its downsides are its limited weapons its pp drain and things such as this but its strong pieces are its pa's its ability to use double sabers and many other things people are also so simple minded that if they see 1 job do 50 more dammage they assume its better without putting other conditions into effect.
    On a nother thing I am tired of see'in people say this job sucks and that job sucks being tossed around when its a personal opinion and all its doing is making people upset and argue like me myself I think fighmaster is a good job but to be honest Id rather play as a protrancer or gunmaster because I have more fun using these things it has which is what the game swhould be about.
    So next time your going to run in and say That Job Sucks! without any logical and fact information to back it up you really just shouldnt speak
    Although mentioning that you personaly dont like a job yourself is a nother story but I am not noticing this. So please try and be mature and use some manors even if it is on a forum.
    For example I am posting this because of the replys I got on a earlier post and the it sucks was one of them.
    I made sure everyone understood it was my personal opinion I listed some of the reasons I thought it was good/bad then I losted some logical facts I tested myself about it to back up what I though was good/bad about it.
    Last edited by Melissa805; Feb 16, 2009 at 01:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Melissa805 View Post
    You are all wrong if you thought they were going to release some godly new class that beats the rest because for ovious reasons this would throw the game off ballance because if lets say fighmaster was the strongest job in the game and could just pwn everything it would leave the other fight jobs to collect dust if it had no side effects. Ill tell you right now fighmaster is not perfect its downsides are its limited weapons its pp drain and things such as this but its strong pieces are its pa's its ability to use double sabers and many other things people are also so simple minded that if they see 1 job do 50 more dammage they assume its better without putting other conditions into effect.
    On a nother thing I am tired of see'in people say this job sucks and that job sucks being tossed around when its a personal opinion and all its doing is making people upset and argue like me myself I think fighmaster is a good job but to be honest Id rather play as a protrancer or gunmaster because I have more fun using these things it has which is what the game swhould be about.
    So next time your going to run in and say That Job Sucks! without any logical and fact information to back it up you really just shouldnt speak
    Although mentioning that you personaly dont like a job yourself is a nother story but I am not noticing this. So please try and be mature and use some manors even if it is on a forum.
    Agreed people should try new jobs types and nothing will ever be perfect in the game but enjoy it for what it is. I knew there was a reason i loved you XP
    Meta77 and Melissa- The Ultimate dream team *in any game* aka cheesy duck and icecream bunny.
    Meta77-Level 150 FF: Human/M
    Metal Meta77-Level 150MG: Cast/M
    Neo Meta77-Level 149 MT: Newman/M
    Kasumi77-Level 64 F: Cast/F

AT is *gasp* a support class. I'm not really sure why anyone expected them to be able to make epic clear times o_O

Masterclasses, as I see them, are pretty much the complete opposite--all offense, no support. And that's how they were meant to be. They're not supposed to be the classes to end all classes, that would be really dumb (as Melissa mentioned) and would completely destroy the game's balance. Masterclasses have to trade variety and support for more offense, deal with it.

I personally can't stand any of the Masterclasses because I think the sheer lack of variety is pretty boring, but that's just me. My playstyle favors me being useful to the party in a more supportive role while providing some offense, so I tend to play classes like GT and AT. But just because someone's playstyle isn't LOL PURE OFFENSE doesn't mean they suck. Clear times aren't everything, and some people simply have different goals.

If your only goal is clear times, then sure, Fighmaster your brains out. But it's not for everything. Nor is any class. It's rather depressing that this thread is *still* going on just because people can't leave well enough alone when it doesn't agree with their ideals, it seems.

What? Show me where somone expected AT to make great clear times? Now having an AT in a party as support SHOULD be better than not having a different class but it isnt. Again the game isnt balanced.

Nobody is bagging on anyone else for playing the classes they play. But people that say classes are effective and efficient when they arrent are begging to be called out. Its pretty obvious but allot of people wont accept the fact that some classes suck compared to others in this game and the way the battle/play system works. AGAIN this game isnt balanced.

It is a sad state that people are still arguing about this
    QQ MORE BAI
    Fortegunners do use rifles

Rehabbed SEGAholic

Quote Originally Posted by Shou View Post
    What? Show me where somone expected AT to make great clear times? Now having an AT in a party as support SHOULD be better than not having a different class but it isnt. Again the game isnt balanced.

Nobody is bagging on anyone else for playing the classes they play. But people that say classes are effective and efficient when they arrent are begging to be called out. Its pretty obvious but allot of people wont accept the fact that some classes suck compared to others in this game and the way the battle/play system works. AGAIN this game isnt balanced.
    That is entirely the point as a GM has a fairly quick clear time. Add in an AT to the party and the clear time barely moves. If you substitute a second GM or FM for the AT the clear time decreases by a much larger margin. As a result, having a more offensive class is better than a supportive class. Sure, you can still play an AT and deal substantial damage but the damage is minor when compared to how quickly it increases the speed of the run.

It should be noted that at some point enemies will die so quickly that support becomes pointless. As a result, having a support class does nothing as the slightly increased damage becomes negligible. Overall the game is too easy for a true support class to shine. If anyone has ever played FFXI you will know just how popular White Mages are as a party cannot survive without one. In PSU, a support class is easily replaced by di/trimates, sol/star atomizers and buff items.

What this means for PSU is that a better offense negates the need for any defense. As a result support classes are considered weak as they are valued based solely upon their offensive merits (this is why a CAST is considered the best AT) and survivable classes are not wanted either (thus the WT debate). Techers have been nerfed to the N'th degree and any class with a striking weapon or ranged weapon makes them look pathetic in 99% of all situations. As a result we are left with only offensive classes that do no use technics as the primary classes in PSU.

It is sad as I prefer an AT over every other class but as with all changes you must learn to adapt to the times. A Fighmaster, Gunmaster and Protranser are currently the most dominant classes in the game. At some point, weapon updates/drops may validate some of the other classes but the same will be true for the primary classes as well. Besides, for every Elsral or Falclaw (the elemental one), there are many more Ank Buti, Ank Kireek, Mugunburga, Carriguine-Rucar+, Crea-Doubles+, etc. So every time a weaker class gains some strength, the power classes have ample opportunity to regain their dominance.

Please note that I am against this balance of power, but SEGA has shown very little interest in keeping the classes balanced. As a result I play the class that provides me with the most enjoyment. Unfortunately that means I do not like feeling 'gimped' so I prefer to play the classes that gives me the most return for the time I have invested into them. As some have already pointed out, they feel that playing these classes means I have less skill than other players. This is unfounded and untrue as I would consider myself one of the top ATs on the 360 servers. As noted before, I prefer to help my party in the best way possible and playing a support role just doesn't do much any longer. As a result I choose to help kill enemies now instead of keeping my teammates alive while they acquire all of the kills.

I'm just annoyed that random weapons got the shaft when it comes to Master Classes. Just some examples: Bow, Attack Mag, All Claws, Knuckles, Slicers, Daggers, and Single Handguns.

Half of those things are my favorite weapons on my non-tech characters. I don't care much for Mags and Handguns, but the rest I use, and I can't get 41+ techs for them because they decided to just randomly give certain weapons the shaft.