Hybrid View

i have a pc connected to internet via wireless usb adapter, and then i used internet share to PS3. it connected and worked for like 20 minutes, and then it stopped. i tried to set it up again on my pc, but it then said it cannot do the internet share due to same IP something blah blah.

so is it technically possible to set adhoc part by doing what i did, or is it necessary to connect PS3 directly to router by wire?

also i said it worked for 20 minutes. it did, and i was browsing those lobbies and got confused how to create or join parties. any guide on how to go through those?

Hearty Official Member Chuck_Norris's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XenoNinjaX View Post
    i have a pc connected to internet via wireless usb adapter, and then i used internet share to PS3. it connected and worked for like 20 minutes, and then it stopped. i tried to set it up again on my pc, but it then said it cannot do the internet share due to same IP something blah blah.

so is it technically possible to set adhoc part by doing what i did, or is it necessary to connect PS3 directly to router by wire?

also i said it worked for 20 minutes. it did, and i was browsing those lobbies and got confused how to create or join parties. any guide on how to go through those?
    You're using your PC's internet to get your PS3 online? I didn't say you couldn't do that. I just said you can't go online with out a PS3. As for the second question, well, I did make a guide on what you do. It's under the What do I do next? part.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck_Norris View Post
    You're using your PC's internet to get your PS3 online? I didn't say you couldn't do that. I just said you can't go online with out a PS3. As for the second question, well, I did make a guide on what you do. It's under the What do I do next? part.
    yeah i didnt know the faq was hidden under spoiler. i did other stuff following different guide.

as for my connection, it was like this
    pc connected to my wireless router via wifi-usb adapter
    pc then connected to PS3 by wire, using window internet sharing
    and it stopped working after 20 mins and cant reconnect

edit-nm. i found out that it can't be done like this. it worked for a while so i thought something went wrong.

anyhoo i think i got how it works, but still need to test it out with people so add me my name is XenoNinjaX

btw after i downloaded adhocparty using the jpn account, can i switch back to my US account afterward to play?
    Last edited by XenoNinjaX; Feb 17, 2009 at 03:18 AM.

Hearty Official Member Chuck_Norris's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XenoNinjaX View Post
    yeah i didnt know the faq was hidden under spoiler. i did other stuff following different guide.

as for my connection, it was like this
    pc connected to my wireless router via wifi-usb adapter
    pc then connected to PS3 by wire, using window internet sharing
    and it stopped working after 20 mins and cant reconnect
    Well, I'm afraid I don't know. I just have my modem plugged into a router that goes to my PS3 and PC. I imagine something with your firewall.

so have any PSP community decided on which lobby to play this game once it comes out as the "official" PSP lobby? ive read it's J 50 but not sure

anyway i want to test this thing with 2 or more people to see how smooth gameplay is online, so if anyone's up for it tonight i'll be at J 50

It's not working. Hmm, well basically I have the same SSID, same code, all that stuff. SDame PSN account but for some reason it's still not working. It gives me some japanese error when I select the third option when it's on the Ad hoc program (The only things I can decipher are PLAYSTATION 3, LAN, and 2005). It's very trivial because for some reason It connects with remote play just perfectly, yet when I try to web browse with my ps3 and use my PS3 as the connection, it says it can't connect. Anyone else having this issue?
    #1 International MAG+ TA Champion in PSU. Co-Founder of Royalz