Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

Default Star Ocean The Last Hope

Well I am about togo pick this game up in a little while and thought it would be nice to start a topic for it so everyone can say what they think about the game or if they find any secrets or anything they can share it with the rest of us

Pretty pumped for it, but I can't get it until tomorrow. ;_;
    Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must set yourself on fire.

It's not out til Tuesday right? Doubt Gamestop is going to do a midnight thing for this, so I won't be getting it til Tuesday evening :<
    (Dead server) :: Angra Mainyu : Ahura Mazda : Arbalest : Fischerspooner :: PSUpedia & Forums

Same here, Tuesday evening if I'm lucky. Didn't bother to pre-order because I was waiting to read some reviews first.

Apparently it's not that good...just going by reviews and the fact that the main character's name is Edge Maverick. Edge Maverick. Edge Maverick.

But I guess if you're a big fan of the star ocean over arching storyline, you'll like it. It's supposed to be a prequel.

& stirring up controversy
    Lake WorthLESS, FLO-RIDA, IN DAH GHETTO CUZ I'M A GANGSTUH

Ever since it came out in Japan a couple days ago, I guess, my Japanese Xbox Live friend has been playing this nonstop. Seriously I don't think he has even turned off his Xbox.
    I've never played any Star Ocean games and I'll probably won't even bother trying this one.

Paper thin plot? Check.

Anime fish bowl vision? Check.

Worth while combat system that is actually enjoyable? *sigh* this is gonna turn out like Star Ocean 3, isn't it?

Star Ocean is worth playing, but it's not for the story. It's for the really rock solid combat system. Sad, huh?

I would rather have amazing combat over an ok "video game" story any day...but yeah Im buying SO4 tomorrow.
    ALso, I love games with lots of adult humor and cheesy sexual jokes/references soooo Im hoping SO4 will deliver.

Areas I think I'll be disappointed in : the graphics to some extent, lack of rewards for battle trophies like costumes, no DLC, the odd pacing
    Things I know Ill get female wood over: the combat. item synthesis. Myuria's costume (cant wait to see the cosplays for that)
    The soundtrack sounds nice so far as well.

I hope it sells really well here, and that Tri-Ace can be inspired to make a new Valkyrie Profile next.
    Last edited by Seira7; Feb 23, 2009 at 11:06 PM.

Honestly, I like the direction games like Star Ocean IV and Tales of Vesperia have gone in terms of graphics. It's a nice breather from the SUPAR REALISM.

As far as the story goes, I think that's pretty subjective. I, for one, enjoy the Star Ocean stories.

I think we can all agree that the combat system will rawk.
    Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must set yourself on fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian_Knight View Post
    Honestly, I like the direction games like Star Ocean IV and Tales of Vesperia have gone in terms of graphics. It's a nice breather from the SUPAR REALISM.

As far as the story goes, I think that's pretty subjective. I, for one, enjoy the Star Ocean stories.

I think we can all agree that the combat system will rawk.
    I certainly liked the animated style of Tales of Vesperia, even if some of the character models were a bit too childlike for my own preferences.

Does Star Ocean IV have some sort of interesting art design going on? From what I saw, it seems to be standard JRPG art style (#9) with a dash of hyper-realism. Maybe I'm looking at the wrong screens and video.