Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Got the game yesterday and it's fabulous. It does look heavily inspired by PSO/PSU though. Reimi is a racaseal, and there are newmans everywhere! Edge looks like a cross between a Humar and Cloud Strife. Fun game. xD

Marshmallow | Female Newman lvl. 143
    Fortetecher lvl. 20 | Acrotecher lvl. 20 | Wartecher lvl. 10 | Masterforce lvl. 4 (lol)
    Other characters: Tulip (beast FF), Holly Bee (human PT), and Morning Chimes (cast GT).

Quote Originally Posted by watashiwa View Post
    Apparently not that much of a Graphics Whore to know that Golden HDMI cables are no different than $5 ones because HDMI carries a digital signal. You either get the signal or you don't.

It's not like analog where the quality of the cable makes any difference in the picture because of interference and such.

Next time, buy your cables from monoprice.com , your bank account will thank you.
    That is debatable. Not debatable if its the difference between a cable with or w/o 1.3, though.
    I do hate how a lot of overpriced cables are actually the same quality as the lower priced ones however.

Anyhow, Star Ocean's native resolution is 882 X 496 (no AA) I think?
    Whether I have a rig that can run 1080p or not is probably not going to make a difference with that game.
    Anyhow, Im just being picky. FOr me it was the combination of bad dialogue, voice overs, graphics and etc that nice combat couldnt redeem. Im playing Demons Souls now and the graphics are not mind blowing, but the atmosphere is incredible, if that makes sense. So I prefer it.

However, Im sure a ton of people will end up loving this game. I do have to admit I like the character design quite a bit, after all Reimi is wearing amorosso
    I might pick up a ps3 verison if they include AA and extra costumes, etc.

It really feels like a dumbed down Tales of Vesperia. Well Tales of anything released in the last 5 years.

Mashing the 2 triggers endlessly, almost mindlessly, for pulling off your combos with that crappy limited chain combo system is lame as hell. Not being able to actually target what I want when I want is just shit (although if I'm missing something feel free to point it out as insultingly as possible.) Blindside is garbage and not anywhere close to necessary or useful, Rush is decent for the boss fights every 3 hours, otherwise the battles end as my gauge fills up. And unlike the masterful Overlimit ToV system, it just resets after each battle.

Characters not in the active party not getting exp can fuck right off, the characters don't even start at level 1 for stupid battle trophies like in SO3, no excuse for this antiquated bullshit. Even half xp for the non-mages in the B team would be sufficient.

Save points really are too infrequent, like 1 hour between them in the dungeons now.

Welch's voice makes me want to stab stuff, Lymle's voice sucks 'kay. And Sarah oh god. At least it's not Edward from Infinite Undiscovery bad.

And lol at ship exploration being literally exploring your own ship talking to the crew for 5-6 Private Actions between planets.

Skill points are handled nicely though, Item creation seems somewhat less tedious since you can't fail items. But I just got the Synthesis ability to combine stuff so that might end up bringing the save/reload pain.

Lots of other good points but who cares, the airing of grievances is more interesting.

All Hail Tales!

Quote Originally Posted by Seira7 View Post
    That is debatable. Not debatable if its the difference between a cable with or w/o 1.3, though.
    I do hate how a lot of overpriced cables are actually the same quality as the lower priced ones however.
    The only thing debatable about an HDMI cable is whether or not it's 1.3, actually. Since 1.3 provides support for Deep Color and things that could be found in HD-DVD/BluRay discs (that aren't even used yet)

As far as whether you get a picture or not or if the picture quality is any different, naw, there's no difference between a $5 HDMI 1.3 cable and a $99 HDMI 1.3 cable if both provide the picture. HDMI carries a digital and not an analog signal. You either get it or you don't.

When you do get the signal to the TV, the picture is displayed. When you don't, the picture isn't displayed. There's no inbetween, a partial signal, with some of the detail lost or anything like that. That doesn't exist in the HDMI world, lol.
    Creator of Tethealla, Administrator of Ephinea.

Well I have not been keeping up with the topic I am sorry for that I played the game for a little bit then got busy and about to get on it again. I got the guide which seems to be a big help that way I can unlock all 7 endings and also it has great tips where have you ever had it happen where you get like this and that item and you sell it or use it in a quest then 5 minutes later your like omg what have I done I could have used that to make this great weapon well the guide tells you all that. So I really like that anyways I just got on the new and improved calnus with the eldarian and was doing all the infinity stuff.

Also for the 2 posts I did read so far its only people downing the game and the thing is I got this game as a rpg not a fighting game and I love the way it plays so I am not going to read anymore because I like this game and dont want to be downed on it
    Last edited by Melissa805; Feb 26, 2009 at 09:47 PM.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Ceresa View Post
    It really feels like a dumbed down Tales of Vesperia. Well Tales of anything released in the last 5 years.

Save points really are too infrequent, like 1 hour between them in the dungeons now.
    Funny, I feel like Tales is a dumbed-down version of Star Ocean, but maybe it's just cos SOIV is like my new thing, and every Tales title I've played has bored me to the point of quitting the game well before finishing. Opinions vary, I guess.

I definitely agree on the save point issue. I'm basically guaranteed an E74 in the near future thanks to this game.

As far as VOs, I turned 'em all off in the beginning. I'm just enjoying the score as I play through.
    Tax the fucking churches.

i saw commerical and i thought about getting >.<
    Meta77 and Melissa- The Ultimate dream team *in any game* aka cheesy duck and icecream bunny.
    Meta77-Level 150 FF: Human/M
    Metal Meta77-Level 150MG: Cast/M
    Neo Meta77-Level 149 MT: Newman/M
    Kasumi77-Level 64 F: Cast/F

Quote Originally Posted by Melissa805 View Post
    Well I have not been keeping up with the topic I am sorry for that I played the game for a little bit then got busy and about to get on it again. I got the guide which seems to be a big help that way I can unlock all 7 endings and also it has great tips where have you ever had it happen where you get like this and that item and you sell it or use it in a quest then 5 minutes later your like omg what have I done I could have used that to make this great weapon well the guide tells you all that. So I really like that anyways I just got on the new and improved calnus with the eldarian and was doing all the infinity stuff.

Also for the 2 posts I did read so far its only people downing the game and the thing is I got this game as a rpg not a fighting game and I love the way it plays so I am not going to read anymore because I like this game and dont want to be downed on it
    I'm really enjoying this game as well... reminds me a little of PSU in ways, trying to find materials to make items and such. The Guide is a BIG help, but it's lacking in a few areas, it's very difficult to find what you're looking for. If you follow the walkthrough you miss-out on some basics... like how important Green Tiles are for character gowth. You gain EXP over time so Blue are not so important... Fol I have way more than I need so Yellow are low priority, and HP/MP regeneration is only good if you intend to control Symbol users and you can use items to replenish as well, so Pink are nice, but not necessary.

SP you only get from Leveling up or Field EXP... you do not get any from monsters ( so far on the second planet ) so getting a 10x Green Tiles and running around getting 100% Analyse on enemies can net you 100's of SP... the Guide doesn't mention this.
    Last edited by rayner; Feb 27, 2009 at 09:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rayner View Post
    I'm really enjoying this game as well... reminds me a little of PSU in ways, trying to find materials to make items and such. The Guide is a BIG help, but it's lacking in a few areas, it's very difficult to find what you're looking for. If you follow the walkthrough you miss-out on some basics... like how important Green Tiles are for character gowth. You gain EXP over time so Blue are not so important... Fol I have way more than I need so Yellow are low priority, and HP/MP regeneration is only good if you intend to control Symbol users and you can use items to replenish as well, so Pink are nice, but not necessary.

SP you only get from Leveling up or Field EXP... you do not get any from monsters ( so far on the second planet ) so getting a 10x Green Tiles and running around getting 100% Analyse on enemies can net you 100's of SP... the Guide doesn't mention this.
    I forgot how do you get green tiles

By getting ambushed.