Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

This is an interesting topic. Just a few thoughts I had while reading....

As fas as implementing the extra attack, you wouldn't necessarily need another button. You could just have it on the weapon. For a melee weapon, it would be where your PA would normally be when it's not linked. Heck, you could throw weapons into the game that had their own unique PA. And for guns, there is already an open button. Hmm, I didn't think about tech weapons til just now, maybe just have it as one of your spell slots.

One weapon I thought would be cool is a protranser only nade launcher that launches EX traps. That'd be pretty fun, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Artea View Post
    No one did on DC, beause I'm almost positive it was unobtainable along with the Psycho Wand and the Heaven Punisher.
    Yeah, I played the DC version and never found a soul that had found a Lavis, Psycho, or Heaven. When I played on the Xbox version I was able to trade for the Heaven's Punisher. Do remember we had those color coded Id's and could only find certain rare's that were linked to them. That meant that you had to either alter your name to get the id necessary to hunt your desired weapon or you were forced to get the best rare's you could that were tied to your id and trade with others.
    Work hard, play harder.

Exclamation

Here's a question. Out of curiousity.....

Why type all that if SEGA is not even going to bother reading it?

All that sounds good so you should email it too them as well. Email it to as much branches as possible. See what happens. Maybe a miracle would happen.

Sadly everyone i could Email it to speaks english. SoJ are the only ones who have any pull over what happens in this game. Im under the impression they only include us to make us not feel completely left out.

As fas as implementing the extra attack, you wouldn't necessarily need another button.
    Well, the point of having it as a seperate button to toggle is because not every Extra Attack would be something you'd want to spam constantly as it'd get you killed / kill you itself. That, and every extra attack isnt effective against every enemy in the game -- thats why it was "extra".

For a melee weapon, it would be where your PA would normally be when it's not linked. Heck, you could throw weapons into the game that had their own unique PA. And for guns, there is already an open button. Hmm, I didn't think about tech weapons til just now, maybe just have it as one of your spell slots.
    Yeah Icecold, that "weapons with built-in PA's" idea was also something i thought of. If they wern't going to add Extra Attacks, they could have easily allowed certian weapons (meaning almost all of them above A-rank level) to have their own optional PA's with custom Modifiers and effects to them. THAT, on the other hand, is something that Sonic Team could put into the game WITHOUT an expansion -- the ability to give weapons "Extra Photon Arts".

For example, take an S-rank Sword. Kan Yu or something. Lets say they gave it an Extra PA that did nothing but the Final Swing of Tornado Break with reduced damage. That would simply give the Kan Yu another potental reason to have in your inventory -- crowd control. It may not be powerful as the full PA itself, but its still something DIFFERENT. And if you didn't want to use it, you could always just equip the real tornado break or something else.

Carrigune Ructar - an Extra PA that did the Final Combo of Absolute Dance with increased ATP Mod

Tiga De Ragan - the final slash attack of Splendor Crush? Increased Dmg?

Psycho Wand - Extra version of Megid that does no damage but has higher chance of Death and travels faster? (PSO megid lolz)

Svaltus Sword - A slash of Gravity Break that emits that wave the Svaltus spams at you?

If nothing else would work, something like ^ ^ ^ That definately could work. Hell, they added the ability to Just Attack with nothing but a server-side patch. It wouldn't require half as much programming, and could work just as well as the other ideas. And if any of the ideas are too broken, just give them retarded PP requirements to limit the spamability of them. Its almost perfect.

Edit: WOW, they could even give super retarded powerful Extra PA's that takes more PP than the weapon even has at its current grind. Oh say, it forces you to grind the weapon to 5/xx before you are even able to use it, and it depletes all your PP at once. (Although thats a HORRIBLE idea now, thanks to that stupid fucking "LOL PAY ME $$$ AND SONIC TEAM WILL GRIND FOR YOU" idea.)
    Last edited by RemiusTA; Jun 15, 2009 at 06:43 PM.

NO....

keep PSO stuff on PSO
    Avionics
    An individual who deals with the complex systems of todays military/civilian aircraft. Their entire mission is to make bricks "fly", and fix leaking electrons from parts, and they do it damn well. Usually pissed off individuals who are the be all end all of the sortie cock, they take and stride. Because one day, their enlistment will come to an end

...Seriously?

Perhaps you should learn to read before you make assumptions.

Quote Originally Posted by sovalou View Post
    NO....

keep PSO stuff on PSO
    This is not a PSO concept.
    PSO was even far from using that basic hack'n slash game mechanic to its full potential.

why even bother when this article falls upon death ears anyways so why should i waste my time. NONE of this stuff would ever be implemented anyways. Its not like SEGA of america would take advice from its player base anyways, i advise you keep your dreams to yourself before you hurt yourself in the long run by getting your hopes up. :/
    Avionics
    An individual who deals with the complex systems of todays military/civilian aircraft. Their entire mission is to make bricks "fly", and fix leaking electrons from parts, and they do it damn well. Usually pissed off individuals who are the be all end all of the sortie cock, they take and stride. Because one day, their enlistment will come to an end

hmm the next time my internet is down for a while im going to get out my pso and replay it, this time il have a idea what im doing

Quote Originally Posted by sovalou View Post
    why even bother when this article falls upon death ears anyways so why should i waste my time. NONE of this stuff would ever be implemented anyways. Its not like SEGA of america would take advice from its player base anyways, i advise you keep your dreams to yourself before you hurt yourself in the long run by getting your hopes up. :/
    LOL you aren't talking to a 12 year old, mkay? This is no "DREAM" of mine, just some topic I decided to start off a whim. I know what the deal is and how these things work, so your pessimism doesn't apply here. I never said any of this was going to be implemented. Hell, i didn't even plan on sending this shit to SEGA.

However, if for some reason I do, i already know the chance of it being considered is slim, let alone even being read.

And for future reference, Don't think you're doing the world an enlightning favor by telling people which of their "dreams" to give up, just because the chances of it ever happening are extremely low or seemingly impossible. You may think yourself a "realist", but in truth is just kind of annoying to listen to.

tl;dr, this was for PSOW, not SEGA.

hmm the next time my internet is down for a while im going to get out my pso and replay it, this time il have a idea what im doing
    Yeaaaahhh....I may have made it sound really good, but in PSO the system used for Extra Attack never really felt like it weighed too heavily on anything. The point was that it was a REALLY good idea, compared to other games which drop weapons with minor stat boosts on them.

So unless you're using Charge Mechguns to drop bosses in seconds, i dont think it'll change your PSO experience too much lol...just check you rare weapons to see what their special attack did.