Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Best Sword PA?

Default Best Sword PA?

Finally making my FG into a FM. Whats the best sword pa to get?

Gravity Break

If you are using a sword in order to attack 1 or 2 enemies and you want massive damage Gravity Break is the way to go. If you need a pa that can hit multiple creatures around you Tornado Break is a nice way to go especially if you are using something other than Dus Robado on your spear. Dus Robado would do the job better IMO, but most people like using Dus Majarra instead.
    Work hard, play harder.

I like Tornado Break a lot - it's been sped up a lot. Spinning Break deserves a good mention here but it's REALLY hard to hit all of your desired targets with it...

I'm far too biased to Gravity Break. When it first came out, I managed to get it to Lv. 27 in a matter of hours - I loved it that much. It's... not so useful for piling on damage to a single target though - you have some (slightly) better options available to you as a Fighmaster which may include Spinning Break.

Stick with what you like though - unless you time attack or are pressed for time, it's not really worth using something else to kill it 5-10 seconds faster (or hunting a particular drop/grining EXP).

People knock on Spinning Break alot, but it was the first PA i got to 21+ in the Sword class.

Its a really good PA. The damage is pretty good, and the range is nice also. The big + about Spinning Break however is the mobility you get with it. Its the only sword technique that allows you to both damage AND move, similar to Majarra.

Gravity Break is all about huge numbers though, but if im not mistaken they've nerfed it a bit...

Curiously attractive for a fish man Zorafim's Avatar

You already have a PA that does damage against a single enemy. You already have a PA that does big numbers to a single enemy. You do not, however, already have a PA that strikes four enemies with a huge radius.

For that reason alone, tornado break gets my vote. It may not be your most damaging PA, but I'd love to see you try to take on huge swarms of enemies with another PA.

Star Base. Where no turtle has gone before.

I personally love all the PAs, but I would have to say I love Spinning Break due to the fact I love spinning in mid-air....lol. On that note I also generally use most of the photon arts for any giving weapon due to the fact that they have certain advantages for certain situations.

gravity break is unreliable... despit the power... it often end up in you being hit by 3 megids and a vahra (they wait round the corner for people to use it)

spinning break is great on bosses... but hard to hit all the targets beyond that... though it is good for large enemies and their tails...

i hate tornado break.

i have gravity break on my sword... wether i use it or not is a different matter.
    Last edited by garjian; Jun 15, 2009 at 02:49 PM.

Star Base. Where no turtle has gone before.

I'd have to agree with you garjian. Gravity Break really can be a pain sometimes. Especially when megid is in the building ; ; Unless you aren't being hit by monsters gravity break is probably more reliable on small creatures then anything...

Quote Originally Posted by Zorafim View Post
    You already have a PA that does damage against a single enemy. You already have a PA that does big numbers to a single enemy. You do not, however, already have a PA that strikes four enemies with a huge radius.

For that reason alone, tornado break gets my vote. It may not be your most damaging PA, but I'd love to see you try to take on huge swarms of enemies with another PA.
    I would try the spear pa called Dus Robado.
    Work hard, play harder.