Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Best Sword PA?

Quote Originally Posted by Zorafim View Post
    You already have a PA that does damage against a single enemy. You already have a PA that does big numbers to a single enemy. You do not, however, already have a PA that strikes four enemies with a huge radius.

For that reason alone, tornado break gets my vote. It may not be your most damaging PA, but I'd love to see you try to take on huge swarms of enemies with another PA.
    ehm... majarra? jabroga? maybe even rabado?

i dont think tornado break is nearly the best at what it does... even in a FMs arse-onal... (FMs can burn and die... no really... ive seen them set on fire and then die o.o)

Star Base. Where no turtle has gone before.

Spears are jawsome. Whats better then stabbing a pannon with a spear in various ways!?

Quote Originally Posted by Midori-Chan View Post
    Spears are jawsome. Whats better then stabbing a pannon with a spear in various ways!?
    charging towards them in an unspeakably fashionable way with 2 swords?
    Last edited by garjian; Jun 15, 2009 at 03:13 PM.

Curiously attractive for a fish man Zorafim's Avatar

Robado may work, and put out more damage per enemy. But it still has less of a range, meaning you have to time it better. It also hits less targets, meaning any enemy can jump at you, interrupting your combo which might just screw you over. It also comes out slower, meaning you're spending more time in that swarm of enemies (even if it's slight).
    Not that I'm dissing Robado, it's a great PA. But when working with large enemy numbers and defense, Tornado Break has been more reliable for me.

Compare this with the other two sword PAs, which are just your average damage PAs. Every single weapon has a damage PA, so it'd take something special for me to use one over the other.

Star Base. Where no turtle has gone before.

YES! I love the dual-wielding weapons! All of the photon arts rock everyones sox!!

I personally love knuckle PA's on my human PT, the biggest problem I have however is getting good S-Rank knuckles, cant use the gudda hons and I do have one set of Iggacs and would like more. I settled for all those decent percent, 40+ gudda promoto, even bought a 47% 3-9 light for 9mil which I though was a pretty good deal.

Personally I'm not touching Swords for practical use until the AotI supplemental update hits US/EU servers. When it does, I'd be more than happy to use LV50 Gravity Break for single targets.
    Starter of the "Welcome to PSO-World" and "Happy birthday!" trend since July 10, 2008.

Come play PSO with me on Ephinea server!
    https://ephinea.pioneer2.net/

Quote Originally Posted by stinkyfish97 View Post
    I personally love knuckle PA's on my human PT, the biggest problem I have however is getting good S-Rank knuckles, cant use the gudda hons and I do have one set of Iggacs and would like more. I settled for all those decent percent, 40+ gudda promoto, even bought a 47% 3-9 light for 9mil which I though was a pretty good deal.
    I love knuckles too. Don't overlook a Gudda Gant/Rabol Gant combo. You will get more attack power than the Gudda Promoto, but you will sacrifice some accuracy. That shouldn't be a problem since knuckle weapons seem to have an abundance of accuracy anyway. As an A rank it should be cheaper to get a high elemental percentage and as an A rank it is easier to grind it up to a nice level of grinds (especially with the boost coming soon).
    Work hard, play harder.

"Best" isnt an appropriate term to use. It's all subjective. Do you like wading into a crowd and tearing into all of em at the same time? Tornado Break for you. You like Moderate speed and attack power? Spinning Break for you then. Do you like doing shit-tons of dmg and looking like you're playing golf? Gravity break then.

Its all personal in terms of usage. How do you like to play? There is no best, unless you're putting a 1* Sword against a 12* Sword and asking which one is better.

An idiot could have a lvl 50 gravity break with a 10/10 50% whatever sword.. and still not use it well.
    Where-as, a smarter person may have a 5/5 30% sword with gravity break lvl 24 and he might use it better. Its all about personal preference and having the brains to know when and how to use it.
    Ever hunting on and on for Friends, Enemies, and Rarz!

I personally love the Sword Class of weapons.