Page 425 of 683 FirstFirst ... 325375415422423424425426427428435475525 ... LastLast
Results 4,241 to 4,250 of 6822

You don't understand, Olaf? Let me make it clear for you why a certain half of the population has a problem with you: you're a misogynist who, despite his utterly privileged status in society as a white, heterosexual cismale, constantly bemoans his place in society and sees himself as a victim in every single imaginable situation. You're infuriating for anyone who is a marginalized person to be around, and I think the only people who could possible tolerate being around you are other white, heterosexual cismales. When you - as one of the most privileged members of society - are constantly bemoaning how difficult his life is because he is a white, heterosexual cismale, it is alienating to everyone else on the entire planet who actually has genuine struggles due to their race and gender.

A lot of women in this community absolutely do not like you. We've said some harsh, mean words to you? Could it be because you spent time on block 20 one day ranting about "how unnattractive dark skinned women were"? Could it be because you tend to derail conversations about sexism with all the classic entitlement derails, turning the focus from the subject at hand - discrimination of women - to you and your feelings? Showing that you feel that discussing your feelings bear priority over the discussion of sexism at hand? Could it be because you deny the existence of male privilege and the patriarchy, and you dismiss the experiences of women who say they have personally experienced such discrimination? Could it be that you post sexually provocative, objectifying pictures of your character all over the forums that degrade women? Could it be because you blame all the heartache and pain you've experienced in life on women instead of taking personal responsibility for your own failures?

Pretty sure that women have pretty valid reasons to dislike you and find you to be generally displeasing. And despite all of this, you still think you're the victim, despite the constant assault of microaggressions you make on women every single day.

So seriously, let's get real: if women tend to generally despise you, it's time to think that something is wrong with YOU, not an entire gender.
    Last edited by Sidney; Jul 29, 2012 at 07:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidney View Post
    You don't understand, Olaf? Let me make it clear for you why a certain half of the population has a problem with you: you're a misogynist who, despite his utterly privileged status in society as a white, heterosexual cismale, constantly bemoans his place in society and sees himself as a victim in every single imaginable situation.
    Oh, a complete half of the population? Not quite. That's a little high.

You're infuriating for anyone who is a marginalized person to be around, and I think the only people who could possible tolerate being around you are other white, heterosexual cismales.
    No, I have plenty of friends of other races, not to mention quite a few homo/bi/transsexual friends, as well.

A lot of women in this community absolutely do not like you.
    No shit.

We've said some harsh, mean words to you? Could it be because you spent time on block 20 one day ranting about "how unnattractive dark skinned women were"?
    When was this? I never did that.

Could it be because you tend to derail conversations about sexism with all the classic entitlement derails, turning the focus from the subject at hand - discrimination of women - to you and your feelings? Showing that you feel that discussing your feelings bear priority over the discussion of sexism at hand?
    Don't think I've ever done any of this, either. But hey, not like I memorize all my posts. Either way, the 'derailment' is that of an already 'derailed' topic usually. Instead of bringing up your righteous crusades in someone else's topic, make your own. Courtesy.

Could it be that you post sexually provocative, objectifying pictures of your character all over the forums that degrade women?
    Only if they let it. It's a video game; I'm not being serious. If you think I do that shit for the express purpose of making women feel terrible, you've should learn to not be so serious business all the time. I'm far from the objectifying degenerate a lot of people think I am. If you would have spent more than a few days 'being my friend', you would have known that. But nope, just fucking drop me like a sack of shit for not agreeing with you on something. What a nice 'friend'!

Could it be because you blame all the heartache and pain you've experienced in life on women instead of taking personal responsibility for your own failures?
    All my heartache and pain on women? When did I say that?

Pretty sure that women have pretty valid reasons to dislike you and find you to be generally displeasing. And despite all of this, you still think you're the victim, despite the constant assault of microaggressions you make on women every single day.
    Someone can find a "valid" reason (subjective) to dislike anyone. So, that's a moot point. Also, I don't see any aggression anywhere, besides a small rant here and there.

So seriously, let's get real: if women tend to generally despise you, it's time to think that something is wrong with YOU, not an entire gender.
    Not like anyone would give me a 'chance', even if I was "in the wrong." There's nothing wrong with how I act, besides probably complaining a bit too much. But, I do it here because I don't have anywhere else to do it. Anything else is just completely up to interpretation, and since you hate the fuck out of me, obviously you're going to think I'm a scumbag, and I'm sure you've been teaching all your friends (some of which are my 'friends'...or, more appropriately, "were" my friends, most likely) to think the same. Thanks!

Anyway, I'm not gonna debate anything else with you. I won't be able to get through to you, or vice-versa. You can keep hating me forever more (I know you will!), even though I think your reasons for doing so are absolutely ludicrous.
    Last edited by BIG OLAF; Jul 29, 2012 at 07:42 PM.

Well speaking of derailments....

But seriously though. Lets not get direct attacking at one another like this. In a public forum like these are, different opinions will fly. People beliving X, and against Y or vice versa. Thats going to happen.

You can get mad, furious at every (i guess for examples case) picture of grotesquely sexified images or really pigheaded responses and such but at the end of the day it doesn't directly happen to you. You have the ability to simply ignore any X user's post. Not even waste the effort trying to stop such and such for stopping doing something because its mysgonistic, sexist or whatever the case may be. If they don't beleive they're at fault it won't make any difference trying to get them to change (especially considering the anonymous-ness of a forum setting)

Long story short, tl';dr: Don't bite at each others necks trying like this and ignore posts that bother you. If its offending enough to you direct it to a staff member, we'll get it worked out.

"It looks cool this way, let's stop."

Quote Originally Posted by Polly View Post
    I only like girls when they don't have opinions and standards and stuff. ;D
    this is pretty much what it comes down to, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by BIG OLAF View Post
    Only if they let it.
    oh for fuck's sake.

so if a bunch people have a problem with something you've done, it's their fault they got offended? and speaking of derailment, that quote is exactly what derailing is. you do it so often that i can see how hard it is for you to recognize it.

Quote Originally Posted by Halcyote View Post
    oh for fuck's sake.

so if a bunch people have a problem with something you've done, it's their fault they got offended? and speaking of derailment, that quote is exactly what derailing is. you do it so often that i can see how hard it is for you to recognize it.
    "A bunch of people"? You mean, two or three people? Most people don't have a problem with 'what I do', because they know it's not fucking serious. It's. a. video. game. I don't look at every woman I see out in public and go "Haw haw! Yeah!" and eye-rape them. For shit's sake. I don't do that, I do have respect for women, and others in general (I know, so shocking!!), Also, What I said wasn't a derailment, it was an answer.

I don't know who you even are, but you seem to have a real issue with me. Instead of trying to blindside me, why don't you just send me PMs, since Sayara kinda just said that this should all go elsewhere?

EDIT: Or! Put me on 'ignore' and leave me the hell alone. Either works.
    Last edited by BIG OLAF; Jul 29, 2012 at 07:58 PM.

Intent is not magic; it does not matter if you don't intend it to be objectifying or disrespectful - if you say a racial slur (hypothetical), or post objectifying pictures, it doesn't matter what your intent is - it still is wrong. (Look at the Gwenyth Paltrow "nuh"/n-word scandal for a recent example of this.) Also, I am pretty sure a friend not seeing you as a human being worthy of all the rights and privileges men receive is a very valid, legitimate reason to stop being friends with someone. That is more than a fundamental difference of opinion; to you, whether sexism exists can just be an intellectual difference, but to me, sexism affects my day-to-day life.

Also, microaggressions. They are small actions of sexism/racism/etc., but can slowly chip away at your patience and sanity until you break. As you can tell from recent posts, a lot of us are at that point from these microaggressions, from numerous posters. I'd have to put 3/4 of this forum on ignore to escape it; it's pervasive and vile. I have made my points, and I am done for now. I feel the need to call out such examples because I hope people will start to think twice about what they say if they know their words will be met with criticism and backlash.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidney View Post
    Also, I am pretty sure a friend not seeing you as a human being worthy of all the rights and privileges men receive is a very valid, legitimate reason to stop being friends with someone.
    Once again, I never said any of this. Stop exaggerating shit to make it seem like you did the "righteous" thing. I just said I wasn't interested in the same ideologies as you, and then you take that and rationalize it into "well I guess you're a piece or garbage and you're now my enemy forever, okay?."

You didn't even say anything to me about it. No adult discussion ex post facto. Just, all of the sudden, boom! Completely removed from everything, without even a "fuck you" on my profile page/inbox/whatever.

So, try and twist it any way you want it, and exaggerate the things I said and did. Try and talk yourself up for all your girlfriends, about how you 'sure showed me.' Put me down, degrade me, dehumanize me and turn me into a villain for no good reason.

But, you're no better for it, miss.

Crazy Awesome Old Potato Man Guy HAYABUSA-FMW-'s Avatar

Take it to PM's, suckas. Forum 101. Stop sullying the thread with ya stank asses.

Quote Originally Posted by .Rusty. View Post
    Would be easier to kill all the creepy nerds
    If you do that, it doesn't exclude the females

Bye Bye DeviantART, female "artists!"

yuri, yaoi, sonikkucheem clothes on a hedgehog, pony bologna, furfanfic, 'meinmyplace hipster haus tumblr level T&A,' photo blooms, etc vampire emo poems of unfair despair, etc etc.

Damn you Minecraft and your unstable Redstone. Also, this topic for the last 2 pages has been hilarious, thanks for the epic laughter it has supplied to me.
    "Blade" M Beast Fighmaster of "Ten Star V" from Xbox 360 PSU.

http://www.youtube.com/user/xBladeM6x

Quote Originally Posted by Polly View Post
    That's why discussion is important though. Just because say I listen to one type of music you don't like and you listen to a kind of music I don't like doesn't mean there's not discussion to be had there. Both sides could actually gain an appreciation and understanding and MAYBE even find something to like about one another's taste.

Music is something I'm absolutely passionate about and my tastes are all over the place (though I do tend more toward the rock style.). More discussion in those topics would be exciting for me because I love hearing people talk about what they like. I always try to preface my posts in topics like that with a tidbit to try and spark conversation or give an understanding of why I like it.

And if someone's got something to say about you or what you listen to, eh eff them. Life's about enjoying things. I don't have an ounce of shame in anything I enjoy and ain't care none if someone doesn't like it. I'll talk about it, post it, and be a general nuisance to them because it's POLLY'S POST! ;D
    It's true I usually just post the song I listen to just to show what exactly I'm listening to, not really to 'suggest' a song. Although when someone suggests a song or artist they are really into, and I check it out, and don't really feel it, I don't really comment or just say it's nice because, I don't want to follow through with it and just hopefully find other songs that I may like.

At the time you posted your song, I may have not been in the mood for rock as I was really liking the beats of the song I was listening to. : D

A lot of women in this community absolutely do not like you. We've said some harsh, mean words to you? Could it be because you spent time on block 20 one day ranting about "how unnattractive dark skinned women were"?
    I don't see how this is a reason for someone to dislike him. I prefer light skin females to dark skin females, it's just more of a preference (and opinion) than an insult. [Emphasis on opinion]

Anyways, I also think it depends on which 'females' he speaks about. I say this because he may a different person IRL, than how he portrays himself on the boards. From his posts, he seems shy and would rather avoid confrontation, and instead do things from his comp. A girl wouldn't know enough about him IRL to hate him.

-------

Anyways, Olaf afraid of the paranoia of being hated? People ignoring you a bit more? Who cares? If they ignore you, then they obv won't talk to you in the future because of whoever you are. Yet, you forget that there are those who do. Why care about those who won't like you? That's inevitable. Keep in touch with the ones who do.

You'll create enemies in life, no matter how hard you try to keep em all as friends. Don't let that hold yourself back from being yourself.

Course, you also have to be real talk with yourself. You have to know how you act towards others, instead of just always 'having a weird feeling it may not be you' because that 'feeling' won't do you any good. Obv, it won't really be a matter of "There is something wrong with them for them to dislike me" and instead usually "it's something about me that they don't like". Bet on it. If it's a friend you like, ask em "Do you dislike me?".

OH YEAH.

Btw. Maybe those who betrayed you, only did so because you gave them the chance to. Next time, don't. We also can't understand the situation fully if we don't understand what exactly happened in these relationships.
    Last edited by Outrider; Jul 30, 2012 at 10:16 AM. Reason: Double post.