Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by landman View Post
    I had lots of friends that enjoyed playing Forest to Ruins straight clearing all rooms, I hated it, so this missions is for this kind of players I suppose lol
    In PSO, doing a Forest to Ruins run wasn't that bad. Depending on your party composition, you can do that in a couple of hours.

I actually do like running Tower because of all the materials, rares and exp you get on the way. But I think you only enjoy more if you can clear each room fast, because then it doesn't seem that long and you can make some quick progress in a reasonable time.

Also you have no choice either if you want to supe-up your character with majority of the best weapons. So yeah +1 for Seeeega again lol.
    Infinite Love is the only Truth. Everything else is a Illusion.

Shalo the Katana Warrior/Furrypaws Lacker ofTitle furrypaws's Avatar

Tower is awful and is 101 floors. Each floor is seven rooms long with five combat rooms, although I think some rooms can be skipped due to not having gates. I didn't check. I was hardcore enough to clear them all. ;-;

The best weapons in the game are found from the boss at the top, and it took me 9-10 hours of continuous playing to get to the top. At the very least, I managed to watch like 16 episodes of Alias, which actually turned out to be a pretty cool show. I did hear about one guy who claimed he could clear a floor in under a minute, but he was a FOnewm, and Forces in this game are waaay over powered, so that could be true. A three hour tower run wouldn't be terrible. You could at least do that in decent lengthed car rides/air plane trips.

But what I think makes it the worst is the fact that it's solo only. If it were multimode, at least you could "enjoy" it with some friends.
    PSO
    Shalo the HUnewearl, GC, level 151

PSU
    Furrypaws the Beast, PC/PS2, Level 79, WT10

I started the quest 4 days ago, I have now more than 7 hours played since xD I'm doing it on Hard to unlock VHard, started at 41 and I'm now more than 50, the rooms are easier now, I think I'm around floor 70 (I'm starting to reach the stratosphere lol) and I'm enjoying it, I loved in floor 21 when you see the exterior/interior of the tower, and how it changes every few floors, I just love those pixelated landscapes in this game xD

if this quest was for multimode, all your friends would quit on you to eat, shower, hw, etc before you even reach 101

soo, theres no point in making this quest a multiplayer quest

I used to be able to do a forest to ruins run twice in one sitting at PSO but the tower put me to sleep. Or at least, I had to sleep sometime during the tower. But that was all about company. I had good friends (at least one) in PSO and PS0 keeps you with the flimsy NPCs.

A Worshipped Godly FOmar Quintus_The_Force's Avatar
    With Red Ring Rico In Episode 1 Ultimate Mode End Credits Hittin The Bong In My Icon and Makin Love

Quote Originally Posted by Ryna View Post
    Does anyone find the Eternal Tower to be fun? I played through it once and that was enough for me. The sheer length is a major turn-off.
    Well I haven't played any Zero yet but reading this thread makes me drool, eternal tower sounds like it kicks much ass

it doesnt kick ass. trust me. im sure there would be hardcore players that would go through the tower many times to try to get the unique rare weapons

A Worshipped Godly FOmar Quintus_The_Force's Avatar
    With Red Ring Rico In Episode 1 Ultimate Mode End Credits Hittin The Bong In My Icon and Makin Love

Its gotta be more fun than the caves that's for sure.... right?

for me, it was NOT fun. it felt like hell. all that hard work for crappy weapons, armors, etc.

it was good for leveling up though. when the game comes out and you get to the tower quest, good luck trying to get the weapon you want from heaven's mother