Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

idiotic cast fightgunner that cast named kai's Avatar
    *looks around* lying dead in some random mission

Default Should meseta be able to purchase GC?

I have been wondering this for a while.

Should players be able to purchase Guardians Cash with meseta along with $$$?

I know in the past people tend to talk about how messed up the market is in this game, with people hoping sega will increase the maximum to meseta or that they create some sort or way to funnel out a steady flow of excess funds out of the game since it seems that there has become a hyper inflated market, with money really only change hands between players and there being no real cost to things out side of the cost items every so often, but that is often minimal at best.

I know sega has instituted the whole 'gold bar' thing in hopes of letting players hold on to funds, but i also wonder if we could exchange that for guardians cash, since it seems to allow those that have tons of meseta to burn it on the stuff that people who are paying cash or to replace that system over here, since it seems to have very mixed views towards "premium features" in already subscription based online game

i guess i am just wondering what other might think of it?
    sorry to inform you but i just died.
    mind loaning me a few a scape dolls?

I am a HUcast to know what you are take the quiz here.

If they did it your way, I would actually use it.

The only way to do it would to make it abusrd amounts of meseta to Gcash ratio, (ie poor exchange rate on purpose) so that everybody and their little brother couldn't just waltz in.

Pros:
    People who are too frusterated/dont want to farm the big M$ get to use small portions of real cash to buy it.
    People who hate the IDEA of a cash shop now don't need to put up with one
    Ditches dissapointment if the mission doesn't deliver (who knows how good these things actually are)

Cons:
    It would drive up the "need" to hack quite high, and it would make meseta a commodity IRL...for like the remaining 12 guys on the game.

They COULD pull it off, but will they? I rather doubt it.
    My beef?
    The content we get and the service we get ISNT worth the 10/mo we pay. If they were really delivering every month it would make me much more friendly toward pushing a bit of extra coin their way on occaision. It also does not inspire confidence in the missions being very good/xtreme fun/ultra items either.

Still, the only proof will be when this stuff is actually implemented. Maybe it'll be super fun and well worth it, which we can surely hope.

I don't think they're interested in balancing the in-game economy as much as they are in a cheap cash grab.

^ That right there.
    Getting bored of the typical MMO, enjoying muddling through moonspeak on PSO2.

. No.

Its not Guardians' "Cash" anymore if it can be bought with mere stacks of meseta :l

idiotic cast fightgunner that cast named kai's Avatar
    *looks around* lying dead in some random mission

to be honest i really don't care about the GC system,

i just wish they would not have pay for play missions, outside of that people can burn through there cash all they want

i just wonder if there should be an alternative to getting GC was all
    sorry to inform you but i just died.
    mind loaning me a few a scape dolls?

I am a HUcast to know what you are take the quiz here.

I'm sure there will be someone that says "Pay me x Meseta and I'll upgrade your weapon or take you on Legacy of Light." Depending on how much people end up liking the system, the value of x will reach some equilibrium in the player market. And I'm sure everyone can find a friend to mooch off of for free since the party route is preferable to the solo one. So I doubt we'll enter a situation where anyone has to be left out. Just the usual situation where everyone thinks the market prices of items are as ridiculous as Ray-photons.

Although it might help create a "meseta sink" for the game (which we desperately need), I feel that these items should be part of some add-on quest you can do, where you can EARN them, NOT pay REAL cash for a CHANCE of getting them. If I'm going to pay REAL money towards extra content on a game, I better damn well get it. If I canceled my subscription because Sega can't even deliver good updates on their NORMAL schedule, then what makes you think that you can convince me that this stuff will be any better?? Hell, anyone on a poor network will be screwed if they disconnect mid-mission, and that's just fucking bullshit, considering how wonderfully reliable Sega's servers are... >_> From what I've seen, most of those items are just better stats and look pretty, just like everything else... no unique abilities, no added effects or special attacks, nothing to really stand out except for the fact that you can be even more of an elitist asshole and say, "Hey, I'm rich so I can buy this stuff. That means I'm better than you."

And as far as being able to buy whatever you want meseta-wise, all Sega would have to do is implement account-bound items and items you can only possess one of at a time. Then there would be more incentive for people to do missions for these items, and thus more people doing different missions means being able to find someone to play with wherever on the map you are! It's so simple, but we all know by now that Sega's just too stupid to think from a gamer's perspective. =/

My FFXIV:ARR Lodestone Page
    3DS Friend Code: 0318-8097-4335
    Currently playing: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn, Hearthstone

No No No!

This game is way to meseta-based as it is.

You can technically play white beast hundreds of thousands of times and never make weapons, never raise your PM, never search for different rare materials to make a weapon, never hunt for parts to trade for a weapon, never play a specific mission to find a particular rare item... in short, you can enjoy nothing of what this game has to offer, and still be able to own the rarest of the rare items, still be able to have the best weapons in the game... all because you can buy anything.

To me this has been the one flaw the community has abused the most. I don't want yet another aspect of the game to become another item on the marketplace.
    SEGA!

Run Rabbit Run!!!