Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Sakai Answers Famitsu Questions

Hello again! Sakai is back answering questions from Famitsu Magazine.
    Here goes!

• Chain Combo
      • Just like Pszero if you do regular attacks your combo tallies up.
      • The higher the combo the stronger your photon art damage

• Chain Combo Finish (Photon Arts)
      • When you press a photon art button, the chain combo finishes and that last attack will become the amount of damage given
      • All Photon Arts will finish a Chain Combo
      • Charge Shots will finish a Chain Combo
      • Technics assigned to the Triangle button will finish a Chain Combo

• 3 Step Technic
      • You can use 3 consecutive technics
      • The 3 step technic can ONLY be used with the wand or rod. MADOOG CAN NOT USE THIS FEATURE.
      • Foie Foie Foie can be used in succession. - Edit
      • They can alternate button presses Shogai PSO gives an example of how you would press Square then Triangle then Square
      • □Foie > △ Barta > □Foie
        • However all 3 technics must match the FRONT or the BACK (where you would hold the r button to get the remaining technics.)
        • FRONT(foie) FRONT(Barta) BACK(FOIE) IS NOT ACCEPTABLE
        • BACK (Foie) BACK (Barta) BACK (Foie) is acceptable!

• The casting time is shorter based on the amount of steps you do
      • The casting time for the first attack is 100%
      • The casting time for the second attack is 70%
      • The Casting time for the third attack is 50%

• Mirage BRASTOOOO nanoblast, SUV
      • Mirage Blast works just like an SUV, you equip it as a unit
      • Mirage Blast can be equipped at Level 10
      • NanoBlast starts at Level 10 instead of Level 20
      • SUV can be equipped at Level 10 instead of Level 20

• Technics with range will hit a boss multiple area (ex. pso shogai gives the example of Rafoie hitting in multiple areas)
    Last edited by WBMike; Sep 17, 2009 at 03:32 PM. Reason: MOAR STUFF

That's some nice changes, improvement for some.
    Blink & you might miss it! ;3

Oh, keep sig at 600x180 px & 49KB, yah?

Wait:

Chain Combo Finish (Photon Arts)
    * Technics assigned to the Triangle button will finish a Chain Combo
    3 Step Technic
    * They will alternate button presses. Shogai PSO gives an example of how you would press Square then Triangle then Square or vice versa
    * However all 3 technics must match the FRONT or the BACK (where you would hold the r button to get the remaining technics.)

So how do those two things work together... is it impossible to chain using technique combos?
    Maybe if you have Damfoie on square and Foie on triangle you could rack up chain hits with Damfoie and finish it with an extra powerful Foie hit.
    with great hat comes great responsibility
    Jagdpanzer lv130 M CAST - PT20 | FG20 | FF20 | Mewn Fan

Ya i'm looking into that, for now triangle attacks finish the combo, which in essence makes sense because the whole point of the game is not to spam photon arts. Just note for now, nobody has said anything about a reduction in the amount of damage a technic does. So if a fighter can't spam triangle, a ranger can't spam triangle, a techer shouldn't either.

All the examples shogai pso gave were alternates between triangle and square. I'll look into it right now though.

You can't use the second set of Technics assigned on a Rod in conjunction with the first set? That's a terrible design decision. I doubt chaining three separate Technics would break the game balance or anything of the sort.

And I'm also confused with how the 3 chain combos will work with Technics. So the third Technic will receive a boost in damage given to enemies only if it's the Technic that's set to the Triangle button? Why that button? Because skills and bullets will be on that button and they wanted to make Technic casting work in a similar fashion?
    Last edited by Blueblur; Sep 17, 2009 at 02:44 PM.

A chain will provably be: foie (square) foie (square) foie (square), which is the normal thing to do, if you are attacking an ice element enemy you want to foie it, not change the spell, or you could use a rafoie (triangle) in the third step to cast it fast and you don't want to chain.

I see this very interesting, I want to try a techer class now (hardly used it in PSU)

Quote Originally Posted by Blueblur View Post
    You can't use the second set of Technics assigned on a Rod in conjunction with the first set? That's a terrible design decision. I doubt chaining three separate Technics would break the game balance or anything of the sort.

And I'm also confused with how the 3 chain combos will work with Technics. So the third Technic will receive a boost in damage given to enemies only if it's the Technic that's set to the Traingle button? Why that button? Because skills and bullets will be on that button and they wanted to make Technic casting work in a similar fashion?
    According to Shougai PSO
    You can use the same attack 3 times as Foie Foie Foie. (Which in this case would be square square square, considering you can't assign foie to both triangle and square. )

However

• Triangle Breaks your chain combo no matter what weapon you use.

Now onto Chain combos, when you press Square, those attacks add to the combo. If someone in your party uses triangle, the combo is broken and they will get the added damage.
    Last edited by WBMike; Sep 17, 2009 at 02:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WBMike View Post
    According to Shougai PSO
    You can use the same attack 3 times as Foie Foie Foie. (Which in this case would be square square square, considering you can't assign foie to both triangle and square. )

However

• Triangle Breaks your chain combo no matter what weapon you use.

Now onto Chain combos. When you press Square attacks add to the combo. If someone in your party uses triangle the combo is broken and they will get the added damage.
    Oh, so the chain works in conjunction with all of your party members. I thought it was player specific. Now, I'm starting to get it.
    Last edited by Blueblur; Sep 17, 2009 at 02:56 PM.

PSO2 & PSPortable2 Addict Amherst_Wind's Avatar

I'd say look at the chain information for PSZero if you wanted to know how it works but a lot seems to have changed;

Technics couldn't interact with chains at all but it looks like thats gone now.

You couldn't end a chain manually for an attack boost, it just built up until you missed or the enemy died.

Also in Zero you had to perform a full 3 attack combo with your equipped weapon to add 1 to the chain and you couldn't chain by yourself, it had to alternate between players.

Does it look like those last two have changed in PSP2? I tried watching the videos that have bits of gameplay but it was too tricky to tell.
    - - - - - - - PS Zero: Anna - - - - - -|- - - - - PS Portable: Amherst - - - - -

So far we know regular attacks add to the Chain Combo, even if you solo. The higher the chain combo the higher the (triangle button) damage. Now we know the (triangle button) applies to everyone, fighters (photon arts), rangers (charge shot) and techers (the technic assigned to the triangle button).

We are missing
    What happens when you miss an enemy?
    Can chain combos transfer to another enemy?

But with this information, you really need to be strategic with the Triangle Button, because everyone contributes to it, and maybe you should allow the person with the highest damage to break the chain.