Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 51213141516 LastLast
    PSO Assassin

well, i don't really care for what console the next PSO will be made. Best, of course, would be a PSO for 360, PS3 and PC, with linked and international servers so ALL players on ALL platforms from ALL countries get the same support >_>

If they make it exclusive for PS3 and PC, that's fine, too. I'd probably just buy a PS3 only for PSO then (if it looks as good as i hope it will) xD

the only thing that'd bother me would be a PC-exclusive (i don't play PC games at all) or a PSO for Wii (byebye, good graphics and cheat-free gameplay).. although i might consider buying a Wii if it's a Wii exclusive PSO.. i'm just too addicted ~__~

the countdown is more likely to be for a new Virtual On than Phantasy Star. Virtual On for xbox live arcade was very popular in japan, and there's even a special Virtual On Controller out for 360 in japan
    my main-chars:
    PSOI&II: Ark (FOmar), Tira2nd^-^' (HUnewearl)
    PSO III: DuRaL (RAarkz)
    PSZ: ありさ~♪ツ (HUmarl), みずギー☆ (FOnewearl)
    PSU360: Ark' (Beast F), ChangPo! (Cast F)

Funny thing is, these guys never tease in english.

And besides, Sonic Team doesn't really have to "tease" a phantasy star title. At most, all they have to do is release a slideshow of words and artwork, like they did before PSU was released.

*remembers that beautiful CG concept video and how PSU did not turn out that way*

Edit: had to do it : (

It kills me how this video still gives me chills even now that the game has been out for like 5 years. Lets hope the next one lives up to this video. Also, anyone notice Ryukros at 2:05 in the video? Looks way cooler than it does now. (well, everything does. Looks like the game was also originally going to be user-oriented storywise other than feature a main character like it does now.) Man, even the main theme in this video is more epic than anything in the final...

Enough wishing now... : (

Edit again:

Spoiler!
    Last edited by RemiusTA; May 18, 2010 at 10:00 AM.

Phantasy Star Universe isn't the only Sonic Team game that looked better in early trailers. *cough Sonic 06*
    PSO2 EN (Ship 1): Johana
    PSO2 JP (Ship 2): Johana, Ezodagrom, Luppi, Lana, Yukari, Blune, Elysia, Elena
    PSU EN/JP: Johana, Blune, Ezodagrom, Luppi/Johana, Lana

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ezodagrom
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ezodagrom

Yeah...and we all saw how THAT turned out.

That game was like a Next-gen Superman 64.

For those wondering, the "next 360 action game" is Virtual ON Force.
    http://kotaku.com/5542249/another-co...hey-virtual+on
    Famitsu just announced it and the teaser website is mentioned (and the teaser website now also hints at the Famitsu "leak" as well).

We'll definitely have to wait for TGS for the Phantasy Star announcement, because this sure isn't it!
    I'd say Phantasy Star staying away from being a 360 exclusive at this point is a pretty safe bet.

I'm sure that the new PSO/PSU/PS? will be on PS3,360 & PC and the only exclusive title was Virtual-On...

Dayton/Fairborn/Troy/Springfield, OH, USA

I kinda hope the next thing isn't PSO re-release; PSO was good when it came out, but it really shows its age to me. I can't play it anymore unless the control and battle system gets updated.

Personally, I don't care if the next PS title is 360, PS3, PC. As long as its ONE WORLD SERVER. I'm super fucking tired of multiple versions of MMOs which are treated extremely differently from the others.

In the other MMO I play, there are multiple versions and the US version is super shitty compared to the others. Even the European version, which has much less population, gets their updates and information in a timely manner, where the US version gets nothing for months at a time with zero support staff interaction.

TLDR, I won't play the next Phantasy Star MMO if it has regional servers.
    ~360~ MCVelvetJanuary
    ~Skyly~ Beseal 180 AF/FF/WT | True Villain Caseal 170+ AT/GT
    Violent Violet Caseal 180 PT/GM/FM | Mistress Vulcana Newearl 179+ MF

Well, PSO started as One World server on Dreamcast and we all know how that turned out in a matter of months, it's probably easier said than done and the main reason of having regional servers was for security purpose IMO. There might never be a One World server multi-platform PS game in future without sacrificing one thing or another.

You know, one undeniable reason why PSU pc/ps2 Eng server got so effed up like it did was that Sega tried to bite off more than they could chew from the beginning and they didn't expect it to get hacked like it did even with all that security and server side saving. The fact still stands that hackers found their way to room hack and mess up others account, dupe meseta, etc.

I'd rather have next PS game on a closed network for a specific console in each region and I'd like Sega to focus on 1 console at a time for each region namely PS3 in JP 1st and 360 in the West, and then port it over to PC like they did with PSOBB, or they could just link PC version to either console later on after they have console versions firmly in place 1st.

If they ever learned anything from their past mistakes, they won't do some half-assed job and expect it to survive for long against the competitions in today's market.

I'd rather have next PS game on a closed network for a specific console in each region and I'd like Sega to focus on 1 console at a time for each region namely PS3 in JP 1st and 360 in the West, and then port it over to PC like they did with PSOBB, or they could just link PC version to either console later on after they have console versions firmly in place 1st.

If they ever learned anything from their past mistakes, they won't do some half-assed job and expect it to survive for long against the competitions in today's market.
    Look, the different consoles have NOTHING to do with the quality of this game. More consoles = more income. Anyone who does a game right will tell you that, and that alone should tell you what the problem is. Look at Square Enix for reference. They're A PERFECT example with the first multiplatform Final Fantasy title. The issue lies in Sega not being able to develop efficiently anymore.

They just make stupid, stupid decisions now. You dont port a game that was developed for near high-end PC's in its time to the weakest console system in its generation. You dont port a game to a system you barely know anything about at the LAST MINUTE of production (Xbox 360). Sega sucked at optimizing the game on PS2, they sucked at optimizing it for 360, and they even sucked at optimizing it for PC. It seems like they had too many last minute decisions, and it cost them a workload that wasn't going to fit into their development time before the deadline, hence PSU's initial sucking in content and it STILL lagging up all the systems it runs on.

It really has nothing to do with the multiplatform problem. If they develop the game for PS3 and 360, then it should run on PS3 and 360 equally as well as the other, graphical complications dealt with beforehand. If they're going to develop for Japanese and English userbases, than the game should be simultaneously done in Japanese and English. Boom, issue solved. This way, the updates can be near SIMULTANEOUSLY released and translated. A month or two behind at BEST.

My only scare for this announcement is that whatever they're doing is going to be some kind of experiment instead of a successor to PSU, which is what these users DESERVE. Phantasy Star Portable 2 is everything PSU should be and more -- nearly EVERY aspect of PSP2 is something from PSU that was drastically improved upon, from the class system, to the missions and bosses to the gameplay itself. AotI is like the retarded child of the series now.

Hmmmm, if I had my wish. It would be Phantasy Star Zero for the Wii. With enhanced graphics and customization, free online play (either with friend codes, or without), and with Classic/Gamecube Controller support. Plus free dlc missions, and/or weapons, like Monster Hunter Tri has.