Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

I'm past that point now, thankfully. However, at first I could only grind the swarm enemies, anything else wiped me out. One thing that's kinda a fail on my part, is that I didn't know about the woman in the first town who healed you for free. I thought you had to just use the hospital and items. Dang, that really slowed down upgrading my weapons and armor. Now I'm just in the rut of "what the heck do I do now?". Specifically, what do I do to get into the governer's mansion (or whatever it's called) on the seccond planet. Also, I ended up digging my way through enemies tougher than what I should be fighting, into the depths of that cave that's north from the first city of the seccond planet, only to be turned away by some jerk with blue hair. Waste. Of. Time.

Just keep at it. The early RPGs always had this crazy hard difficulity curve in the beginning. Personally I wouldn't leave the first town until I was something like lvl 10 or higher. (Terrible Dragon Warrior/Quest 1 flashbacks...made me a bit grind happy.)
    ...is a dirty old man and grown up SEGA kid.

I've... Gotten way past the brutal part... *Points at when this thread was started.*

Indeed. The first PS is really brutal at the very beginning. The rest of the game, while not a walk in the park compared to modern RPG, does not require extreme grinding at all.

This task is reserved for PSII. Now that's a game hard from start to finish, where you'll grind all the way through.

Senior Arks Member..? SquashDemon's Avatar
    I came from Ragol, and all the not-sense that makes with it.

Once Alis Learns Rope the Whole boss fight thing seems more like a formality.

MEDUSA IS TIED UP

ODIN ATTACKS

MYAU ATTACKS

NOAH CASTS WIND

MEDUSA CANNOT MOVE

ODIN ATTACKS

ALIS ATTACKS

MYAU ATTACKS

NOAH CAST WIND

MEDUSA REMOVES THE BINDINGS

MEDUSA IS TIED UP

Yeah...I was kinda expecting at least SOMETHING to block that spell...but no. It just... doesn't.
    Episode III for Life.

Huh. Then I'm DEFINITELY not using that spell. No OP boss nukers for me.

PSI ?

Isn't that the new PS game coming soon? You have it seth?

No, PSI as in the roman numeral for 1. As in, the first PS game ever made. And your thinking of PSP2i.

It drove me nuts trying to find with very little indication of where to go. I guess SEGA had a hint book and a phone number players could call to get help through the game. My kiddo erased my save some point after I defeated some boss dragon late in the game and I can't be bothered to start over. I am currently working through PS2 when I have extra time and I like the story more than the first.

Anyone realize that I am farther in than I was a few months back when I started this thread?