Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    xbox 360 PSU ftw.

Default What's the dumbest thing you thought was true? (in PSU)

Apropos of THIS thread:
    http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=178791

Where some players feel that level 50 buffs have any sort of improvement over level 41 buffs.

What silly/mistaken/wrong/bone headed things have you thought, said that later proved to be wrong. Black nano blast? Luck affecting Synth? Kill speed affecting enemy drops? fess up!

I admit, back in the day, I thought B stat affected ALL kinds of things (Chance of bette? grinder, chance of better % on whatever weapons PM used, skill level of PA used by PM...)

How about you>

I'm seriously not trying to sound like Peter Perfect, but I haven't believed any misinformation since the De Ragan days back in late 2006 (everyone was impressionable back then; the game had just came out). Who doesn't remember the whole "hit De Ragan's tail, and get the biomaterial in the boss boxes" ordeal?

Usually this is how it goes: one of my friends will ask me about some sort of stupid theory that they heard from someone else and/or "figured out" themselves, such like your examples "luck affecting synth" and "kill speed affecting drops". Some of the asinine things my friends have thought was true:

-Feeding your PM certain items to get a better weapon percent
    -Eating certain food items to boost SUV/Nanoblast duration
    -Supplemental Update coming June 21st (had to throw that in there)
    -Being able to "double cast" (or something) spells by switching wands quickly

I then do a little research using PSO-World, PSUPedia, and good ol' fashioned Google search. If nothing comes up, I go back to my friend and tell them that they're completely wrong (or sometimes only partially wrong).

I tend not to believe anything I'm told unless I've seen it/done it myself.
    Last edited by BIG OLAF; Jun 22, 2010 at 11:40 AM.

That SEGAC cared about the english servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Shou View Post
    Definitely this, lol.
    Perso...! Wait...wrong game.

Quote Originally Posted by Shou View Post
    This...

And that CAST techers were decent.

when the game barely came out "If you get your rifle to a high enough level u can freeze the de ragan!"

I tried so hard to level that up Rifles suck lol
    So long Xbox servers! Hello JP PSU, Infinity, and PSO2!

JP PSU: Samus Aran lvl 180/20 GM

Lullaby to hell, babe TierrenZX's Avatar

Sega caring about our servers

3 star luck actually affecting drops (at least in my experience)

That if you were too short, you couldn't carry some of the larger weapons. (I know this was never true but it would be funny.)

I actually heard about the freezing the De Ragan with rifle thing though ppl shut that rumor down quick.

Quote Originally Posted by SolomonGrundy View Post
    Apropos of THIS thread:
    http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=178791

Where some players feel that level 50 buffs have any sort of improvement over level 41 buffs.

What silly/mistaken/wrong/bone headed things have you thought, said that later proved to be wrong. Black nano blast? Luck affecting Synth? Kill speed affecting enemy drops? fess up!

I admit, back in the day, I thought B stat affected ALL kinds of things (Chance of bette? grinder, chance of better % on whatever weapons PM used, skill level of PA used by PM...)

How about you>
    first of all im honoured that you chose my thread for your topic
    second i just want to clarify that I personally never thought there was a difference between lvl 41 and 50 buffs, but i got chewed out pretty good in a mission once cause my buffs were only 41 and the other AT in the grp felt it necessary to reapply his lvl 50 buffs right after i put mine on everyone cause his quote "give an extra 9% boost than lvl 41 buffs"

Phantasy Dad Online II Dragwind's Avatar

Thinking that PSU was going to take place in a persistent world with "vehicles" acting as something like mounts. I was so amped up for that.

...instead "vehicles" were only used in events and less than a handful of missions.
    PSO, PSU, PS:Po, PSZ | PSO2: Jergraw (All classes 90) Lunaeris Demoria (Fo/Te 90) Onlak (Hr 90)
    -**Tech crafting max- message me for crafts**-

Forum Rules - Read it!

Holding down the left trigger while Uni-crystal spamming will always open up Uni 1 for you. The guys a moron
    Quote Originally Posted by Crysteon View Post
    And yeah, I do suck