Default best effect on melee weapons?

whats everyones fav effect on weapons? im liking stun or freeze on twin sabers cause it lets you combo more before doing PAs.

Incapacitate, duh!

If not OHKO, always, and I mean ALWAYS pick Stun.
    Vanguard Race Guide ~ Japanese DLC In All Regions
    Announcement from SEGA: There are minor delays on ships 1~10 due to a signal failure. All other lines are running a good service.

Stun ftw!

(But still...these are our opinions and not advices...so you can actually take what you want)
    トビ~

Incapacitate is obviously the one to go for, but it's incredibly rare. Only Shizuru's daggers and the Demonblade Lavvy get it at high levels.

Stun lasts longer than freeze and can stack with other things, so it's generally better.

HP drain is pitiful. It's completely outclassed by the Vanguard's HP regen skill in terms of monomates saved per mission. Better to stop enemies from attacking (or existing) than to try get some free health you shouldn't have lost in the first place.

The other debilitating ones like burn and poison, etc, deal damage too slow to be any good whatsoever.

Shock is nice when you can get it, but as far as I can remember, it's a starting special only, and can only be "kept", not transformed into.

Best melee weapon boost though? Empower Light, Damgrants! (Don't mind me, I got a level 23 disc of it and it's now my answer to everything.)

PSO2 & PSPortable2 Addict Amherst_Wind's Avatar

I'd say of the 7 general status effects that can be added to most melee weapons when using an extend code it goes from best to worst.......

1) Stun
    2) Freeze
    3) Shock
    4) Burn
    5) HP Absorb
    6) Confuse
    7) Sleep

I can't decide of Sleep and Confuse which is the most useless, I figured Confuse is very slightly more useful as it gets a target off you at least for a while, Sleep is just gonna wear off next time you hit the enemy. :l
    - - - - - - - PS Zero: Anna - - - - - -|- - - - - PS Portable: Amherst - - - - -