View Poll Results: Will Phantasy Star Portable 2 Infinity be released in the Western (US-EU) Area?

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

53 84.13%
  • No

10 15.87%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    NC, USA (Online though, you may find me in the unofficial PSOW chat @ http://psoworld.weebly.com/)

As long as Infinity has PSP2 plus rebirth, I don't care if they use stick figures during the cutscenes.

It's mine.

{-} Sig is outdated. Now on Team: ChibiRoar. I'll update eventually... {-}

TemprusofTime @ Deviantart (Novice MMD User)

PSOW on mibbit---
    BTW, yes I'm one of those guy gamers that plays nothing but girl characters. There a problem with that?

Not many stores have PSP2 in stock, not feeling to confident about an expansion. Maybe on PSN, maybe.

I love the cutest girl at Hinata-Sou FinalMasterM's Avatar
    On top of the roof, looking at the sky, with Shinobu.

Quote Originally Posted by Mugaaz2 View Post
    Not many stores have PSP2 in stock, not feeling to confident about an expansion. Maybe on PSN, maybe.
    This is how I am feeling about it. However, as an associate of Wal-Mart and my knowledge of sales, a lot of retail stores don't carry a lot of PSP games unless they're really big names, like Metal Gear and Kingdom Hearts. Same goes for other systems and the 'medium' title games. It took us almost 4 months to get Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon in stock for the DS and we JUST got Monster Hunter Tri w/ Controller Editions, which were in the system for us to sale the same day the game alone came out.

not sure if they will or not but i am surely hoping so....

I believe we'll get it at some point, but (for right now at least) I wouldn't mind a bit of a wait. Not too long mind you, but we DID just get PSP2 itself. I'm hoping it'll tie me over till then.

I would say we will, although I would say that it means we will get no dlc for the psp2 we just got. I have a feeling it will be included with the japanese infinity and that we will get that and if they are smart the free dlc that was released after infinity was released in japan should be on the disc here.

What's the point of this thread? Of course they'll release it. The fact this has a pole is even more redundant. Poles are to display opinions. Not speculation.

The PSP series has been one of Sega's hottest sellers in a long while. They even realized that and let the US version keep most of the content Japan got, (which is a huge step above PSP1, where we missed out on all of the high level weapons totally.) and Infrastructure mode. They wouldn't of took the time and money to set up those servers if we weren't worth it.

There's no question we'll get it stateside. What a joke of a topic.

↑↑ PSO-World Chat // PSO-World Ventrilo ↓↓

US release definite. EU/AU slightly less likely but no impossible. Though with Sony's draconian "laws" about importing (It costs us the same, but we think you earn more, so you will pay more and you will like it! And we'll shut anyone down who tries to import and split the difference with you!), they'll likely release a limited run.

I'm also speculating it might be PSN only, possibly with a unique game serial for each PSN account that buys it, making online piracy impossible. Two people with the same ID code? Ban 'em both! PSP2 has a problem with UMD piracy, people who've plugged their credit card details into an account might be a little more careful, and reluctant to share their copy with pirates.

Our PSP2 actually has more playable content than the JP version had at launch with the Kasch Trial mission being on the disc. We have less physical content due to voice acting being cut; not even the JP original voices were left in.

I'm hoping for:
    JP/EN voice acting, and the ability to choose (possibly choose JP only after beating story once or something, easter egg, etc.)

Full JP version experience, lobbies, new character designs, reincarnation, etc.

Game code flexibility, ability to apply patches, downloadable missions, etc. Paid DLC I'm ambivalent about... I won't buy items unless it's more awesome than a Guardians Formal, costs very little, and is re-obtainable in case of accidental ingame destruction/misgrind. Paying for mission/map packs though, as long as they're permanant (unlike the JP CG missions which are one shot per purchase) I'd do it.

Ability to distribute said updates via SEGA's own websites, as well as the PSN, so any content not approved by Sony for sale in their store can still be downloaded at the user's own discretion.

Acromaster. Or at least PA cap and speed boost as customisable options. Vanny is a nice attempt at a Jack character, and all the classes are generally customisable, but being a specific type seems arbitrary now. Maybe give yourself a class title like Rune Knight or TechTrigger or Promaster, and customise your specialities.

Oh, and since we don't level our PAs anymore, I'd like to request a visual aura that looks like the Green Wisp of PA Levelups. Not that anyone else cares, but it looks pretty cool IMO and now it's not used at all.

We'll get it. But the wait will be a while. As expected.

I'll be crazy and wait until the U.S. release. I want to know the story and stuff.
    Real Heroes do not fight wars. They are born to prevent them.

Sorry for the horrible quality!
    Kenneth Silver - Male - Human - Former Guardian... for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken_Silver View Post
    We'll get it. But the wait will be a while. As expected.

I'll be crazy and wait until the U.S. release. I want to know the story and stuff.
    This.

And I honestly can't think of any reason why we wouldn't get a western release of Infinity.
    Phantasy Star Portable 2 characters:

Kinako-Level 76 Female Human Force
    Koji-Level 64 Male Beast Hunter
    Rinia-Level 15 Female CAST Ranger
    Nova-Level 7 Female Newman Hunter