View Poll Results: What do you think. I was talking to a legit former legit last night. He was accepting dupes

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

12 63.16%
  • No.

3 15.79%
  • I think that people are born cheaters!

2 10.53%
  • Accepting dupes is not cheating!

2 10.53%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Quickie in flyff- aibatt

What do you think. I was talking to a legit former legit last night. He was accepting dupes. I have a lot of respect for him cuz we played through some tough games. He was always there for that useful Anit/Resta/Moon Atomizer. It's just dissapointing that he went down that much too traveled road.... Oh well. Sorry, didn't mean to get all dramatic!

No. The legits that I know have some reason behind behing legit - Whether it be because of the challenge, honesty, honor, etc.

I lost a character back in the v2 days, and I never even considered changing my style/beliefs.

I'd question why your friend was legit in the first place.

Hidden Power Within

Phalanx is definitly right about this. Most people I know that have a file deleted or what not usually just hate it even more.

Quickie in flyff- aibatt

Noooo I've gone against my own code of honor!!!! I coulcn't help it. MAN I SUCK!! I traded 20 Pdrops for a DOUBLE CANON last night. During the trade he said "BTW this is duped" I was like OMG what the hell!!! But I traded anyway. I'm mad at myself. But I don't want to get rid of the Double canon. OI!!! Temptation is the Devil!!!!

On 2003-03-12 07:03, polishedweasel wrote:
    Temptation is the Devil!!!!
    No. People are just weak.

It is not weak versus strong. It is not good vs. evil. It is mostly about how a person views the importance of a VIDEO GAME that determines whether they cheat or not.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ranger_Larry on 2003-03-17 15:05 ]</font>

Actually, it is.

If you chaeat on... say... another game, such as GTA:VC it doesn't matter what you do. Becuase it only effects you.

Online games are a different matter because it affects others. In the case of PSO, cheating has had consequences that goes beyond just the game itself.

My take on this because something REALLY happened to me pretty shibby yesterday. Yesterday I got FSODed!!! All the items on me were LEGIT. I lost a BKB that I made with a BB Stone. It had a 20% hit mod on it, something I haven't seen in trades yet. I lost my Madams Umbrella, an LK14 Combat with good %'s and a lvl 96 mag that I fed nothing but Star Atomizers and a level 116 Sato Power mag I was making for a new character.

This is the 3rd time that I have been FSODed. It is really frustrating and for this I went out and ordered a USB memory card. Call me a cheater or whatever you want to, I am definitely going to make back up file of all my sweet items. Hell, I don't even think your gonna see me online anymore. I understand why people get peeved at this game. You spend hours upon hours playing and your items get wiped because of FSOD or Corruption.

I can also relate with people complaining about dupes. I seen one person with GULD-MILLA the other day. Now it seems everyone has one. WTF? You can't tell me that everyone all of a sudden started finding Handgun Guld...LOL. And it is really funny when you enter a game to trade and a person has one and wants your whole bank for it. LOL again...I say fug it anyways, I made a Whitill RAcast for the purpose of finding the shib myself. I'm done with trading and probably done with online.

BTW- If they can get rid of corruption and FSOD, I'm all for them doing the serial# thing that Team Phalanx suggested in another thread. It would make the whole online experience more enjoyable.

Killin' Machine

What's the question?

Basically, if the game fucks your character data up to a state that the character is no longer useful, do you think things like that would make a person want to cheat to get their things back?