Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

i never mention iti use the PA t.dagger that spins arouund 3 times (forgot the name) and finish with a kick that launch away the enemies...when i play online i just do to the second part cause some other PA are more slow to strike. i also master the healing with mates while hitting and PA...guarding and extra guarding and dogde when needed.

depend on what character I use

I play extremely aggressive with my female beast hunter; the higher the damage the faster they die the less they could hit you is her motto.

With my female Newman hunter I count more on fast attacks, high chains and additional Special effects.

As female Beast force I am more of a supportive player making sure everyone feel comfortable with there HP, buffs and debuffs enemies while chaining them with a slicer.

as female Newman force I blast everything in sight with techs

As Female Human Ranger I focus on high damage with combined hitspots and low hp loss

As Male Human Vanguard traps and Twinsabers ftw lol

and finaly as female cast Ranger I want to be an unbreakable wall damage doesn't matter defense is the way to go for her.
    Last edited by Kenbog; Feb 8, 2011 at 01:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ghast View Post
    a tactical fighting style. thats too much work for me lol i like buffing myself up and letting my speed do the rest. you have a name for your play style?
    also does anyone else have a name for their play style?
    now that you´re asking...One Against Many Combat System...but i prefer call it
    "S.A.C.T" (Stand Alone Combat Tactics).

I hold my PSP sideways in a "Gangsta Grip", that's MY style!!!!
    (Crickets)

Ok. Seriously. If anybody played with me long enough, when I'm truly playing to my style, I end up changing just about anything to something relative to a Real Time Strategy game. For me, the best power in supporting a team is not simply how much damage you can unleash, but how awesome you can make everybody else. And a lot of that power comes in manipulating the monsters to be in the most disadvantageous positions for formations your team can pull off.

Whether it is something simple as chain building, aggro draw, stagger or knockdown, or maybe a status effect, etc. Damage works it's way in there, but the game isn't fun for me if that's the *Only* thing I'm doing.

I play my rangers kind of like Ramarls. Or a Guntecher, if that's your definition. I tend to like a combination of good mid-range repeating weapons with a few bigger damage weapons to support. And I love to carry a wand in with them. So I tend to work as a backup Buffer and Combat Field Medic along with combo and gun support. I lean a little heavier on Twin Handguns particularly for characters named Tynselle, first due to being "in character" and now for their increased usability in combos. They also can deal some nice double Charge Shot damage if not switching away from them. (There are specific times, when that might be the wise choice)

When I'm playing truly to my style, I'll basically look at the playfield virtually as if I'm looking at it from a top/down perspective. That's how I try to look at it. Sure, due to the way the clients sync in Phantasy Star, some of that has to loosen up a bit. But I think I try for a good medium. Obviously, on games where the clients sync for every creature, I solidify the tactic to manage exact positioning.
    Last edited by Akaimizu; Feb 8, 2011 at 04:05 PM.

now that´s a great style Akaimizu...would love to play with you sometime.

Quote Originally Posted by GUARDIANDNL View Post
    now that´s a great style Akaimizu...would love to play with you sometime.
    i agree to
    FEEL MY TINY WRATH!

For me. Its the same what ever character i use. It all depends on which mobs i vs.
    1. Overall I just charge in and whup everything i see.
    2. I usually keep a stash of every weapon that i can use in my inventory until needed.
    3. I chain my ass off. Chaining is really handy while you have Diabolic Embrace or anthing that uses the dark summon. Chain Spree LOL.
    4. Backup Whatever. If you need a buffer or a t-handgun chainer etc etc, Im it. (Well most of the time im busy kicking everyone's ass) As said in #2, I have every single weapon that i am able to use. I bought like every PA in the store and found tons, so im practically a High Hp Braver.
    5. I go head first into everthing. (That means im most likely to be killed off first =x )
    6. Know all my weapons combo chains. I practice combos and remember which weapon does the best damage at the lowest chain. (Also depends what i feel like) All my chains go low because i like to get my weapons PA damage to be minimum of 1k.

Swords = 2-5 Chain
    Fist, T-Saber, T-Claw = 5-10 Chain
    Everything else = 10+ Chain.

I call this "Uber Death" Tactics. =D
    Last edited by Rehks; Feb 8, 2011 at 06:35 PM.

in vanilla psp2 I essentially spammed blade destruction as that was all that was needed, but it wasn't fun and promised I'd change it when I started the demo...so I have!

Now on my human braver I use almost exclusively one-handed weapons except for twin daggers. I pair daggers with madoog, the madoog has safoie and rabarta, essentially I ALWAYS keep that up as it chains builds and flinches enemies all around me and when I use my dagger PA I will do extra damage to the nearby enemies, rabarta knocks down peskier enemies(doesnt seem to always work, trying to work this one out).
    I pair my claw with a handgun, I noticed my claw pa's had trouble hitting lots of 0's so the acc from a handgun helps greatly, given that claws are so fast its still easy to avoid enemy attacks like with a dagger, this is my weapon of choice on multi-box enemies especially if they can be tipped over. The handgun has either elemental shot or long range shot depending what I need.
    Saber and shield combination, in case I really need to block on an enemy, saber is easy to block cancel and rising strike is fast enough to get full damage in a chain, new shield buff is fantastic for burst damage as well.
    Whip and madoog, with a similar set up for above, super faster aoe chain building makes the whip pa's devastating to large groups of enemies, I imagine if I were grouped with a force they could go to town with it too, also prevents enemies from easily sneaking up behind me in the longer whip animations.
    Slicer and R-Mag, this is a safe way to regenerate pp from a distance if I don't want to jump in with my twin daggers, I still cant seem to find a damage effective way of using the slicers sadly.

Still working on perfecting my weapon combinations but I am having a lot more fun like this
    Currently playing pso2

Ship 2
    ID: MrSmiley
    Character: Lavis, HuMarl

Thanks Ghast, Guardian.

The Artist Formerly Known As... Something Else SammaeltheDark's Avatar

I try to minimize my deaths, optimally not dying at all.

Seriously though, on my Braver I play very aggressive and count on either my EVA or Just Defend to stand my ground no matter what. A good example was last night I was doing some Olga Angelus runs and during Spiritus's attack where spears pop up out of the ground, I chose to Just Defend them instead of running out of the way. Likewise when his bits do their drill attack I just stood there and Just Defended until they stopped instead of trying to outrun them. I love multi-hit weapons and PAs with mobility and AoE to them.
    ノーマン (Nohman), Lv.125 Male Human, BR 34, 1 Rebirth (PSP2i)