Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 411121314

So because Sega didn't sue ********, they are behind the private servers and hacking?

Did I read that right? Is that what he is now trying to say?

If this is the case did it ever dawn on you that maybe Sega doesn't want to waste time and money in lawsuits over private servers for games they don't support anymore when they could invest it in worthwhile things like PSO2?

For Sega to do anything SoJ would have to actually care about what happens to their products in the west.

Looking at PSU's current state outside of Japan, it's quite obvious that they don't.

I doubt SoA or SoE has the ability to file anything for a game that is no longer being run by the parent company. All they did was localize the game, SoJ still holds all sole rights to it (or at least they did until they shut down too) so it's up to them to decide to take action or not. By the time we supported PSOBB (and might I add it was buggy as hell then), PSU was already on the way and it was quite obvious that Sega was done caring about PSO by then.
    PSO2 - Ian: Level 90/90 Human Bouncer/Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by TrekkiesUnite View Post
    So because Sega didn't sue ********, they are behind the private servers and hacking?

Did I read that right? Is that what he is now trying to say?

If this is the case did it ever dawn on you that maybe Sega doesn't want to waste time and money in lawsuits over private servers for games they don't support anymore when they could invest it in worthwhile things like PSO2?
    I like how he keeps playing mix & match with the various contexts of 'hacking'. It's a flawed term, being abused in a flawed justification for a flawed argument.

His original stance was that Sega lied about Sega Pass being compromised, which is clearly incorrect. Anyone who really does work in the industry for a legitimate company, knows that the risk associated with losing customer information vastly outweighs any possible gain from giving it away.

As a disclaimer, I work for an .. extremely large processor of credit card data and therefore customer information. For any company, losing customer data is the cardinal sin, egg you can never wipe from your face. It loses you customers, it destroys your reputation in the market, it dissuades investors, and aside from all that opens you up to legal action both from customers and from regulatory bodies. For example, breaching data protection laws in the UK can result in £500,000 fines.

The last thing in the world you'd do is pretend it happened, most try to cover it up in fact when it does. In fact his entire argument is so mired in conspiracist dogma, that I'd be surprised if anything he's said has basis in fact unless it's retold from tech news sites. For example the Splatterhouse / BottleRocket debacle.