Hybrid View

This is just a general statement, but sometimes I wonder if the time attackers on this forum will ever understand what I'm talking about when I state something is "easier" for a new player to do. They constantly fire back with "well this way is faster"! What does this mean for a new player? They can try to do everything quickly, but there is a good possibility of them failing because they don't have the experience in the game, the PA levels or the equipment to be able to complete the "quick" tasks.

I'll give a non-PSU example.

A person who is new at hiking comes to a river with a strong current and asks what to do. I come over with a map and say "there's a bridge about a half hour's walk away from here that we can use to cross safely". Then the Time Attacker says, "that guy is an idiot, you can ford the river at the low point just 5 minutes walk from here!".

So we both go about showing our methods for completing the task of crossing the river. I go to the bridge and they ford the river at the low point. They make it to the other side first and say "see, I told you so! Fording the river was the easier method" completely ignoring the fact that they are soaking wet and they had to toss out some of the provisions in their back pack because they became soaked in the river water" Meanwhile I took an extra 50 minutes to get to the same spot, but I'm still dry and clean and have all of my provisions in tact.

While this stupid infighting is occurring, the new guy gets fed up at the bickering and goes back home to enjoy a pizza on the sofa.

Quote Originally Posted by desturel View Post
    This is just a general statement, but sometimes I wonder if the time attackers on this forum will ever understand what I'm talking about when I state something is "easier" for a new player to do.
    +1 for this post. I appreciate this. /nod