Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

i never found Scape Dolls in PSO. I dont know why.

Yeah, i much prefer relying on teammates with moon Atomizers. It makes the game much more fun. One scape doll in inventory at a time.

Forces with Reverser....hmm, Reverser should probably cost like 50 or 80 PP to cast. It should take sacrifice for the force using it, seeing how their TP bar is infinite in this game. Back in PSO, if a force ran out of TP then eventually he couldn't revive you anymore. In this game, all he'll have to do is run away and wait a few seconds.

Although newmans in PSO could technically do the same thing, so wutevah

PSPo2 seems to have the best solution.
    I think losing a bunch of meseta would be a good idea as well. Nothing like making someone have to grind for money to make them play better.
    Triton. At your service.

I hope there's no death penalty. Not that I personally mind about losing some EXP or whatever... but in PSO it was hard to get people to do anything but the easy missions -_-

Scarlet / ID:aurly; Shock Nurse @ Ship 2!

Quote Originally Posted by PlinderD View Post
    So make Scape Dolls common. If you can use only 1 per run, there's no point making them rare. Or for that matter a drop or item to begin with.

If it were up to me, that single Scape Doll per run would be a built in mechanic instead of an item.

Plus, it'd be interesting to see what TA players do with that single Scape Doll. If they would incorporate that single continue into their tactics like a well timed suicide to position all mobs to shave off a second or two. Kinda amusing.
    This.

Basically the idea that I have.

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mitz View Post
    This.

Basically the idea that I have.
    It was already enough in PSP2 that you could ave them up in your storage. and if you're on a certain mission where you know you'll want as many moons and scapes as you can get you'd treasure them more than just a mandatory purchase from the NPC store.

Trust PSP2's worked fine.

There's such thing as failing to fix something that isn't broken.

And time attacks or challenge modes, you usually have preset items and rely only on your skill and the tactic you used with your class choice then it's 1 scape doll usually included.

Of course PSU's event time attacks with server rankings (like the one from mag) usually were won by whatever over powered setup/glitch abuse.

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

I liked PSP2's usage of Scape Dolls more (which is more or less what Plinder said). You get one Scape Doll; one free death. After that, I say you lose a certain percentage of experience gained at the end of the mission you died in, when receiving your clear reward.

It would be bad to make the death penalty too harsh, like in PSO, but I'd like to see something.

If they are going to make the penalties steeper for death, they need to seriously nerf megid and no monster should be able to one-hit you unless you're underleved. Basically, the reason PSU doesn't penalize death is because there are way too many cheap deaths in the game. Remove those, and penalize death, and you have a much more balanced experience.

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ThePendragon View Post
    If they are going to make the penalties steeper for death, they need to seriously nerf megid and no monster should be able to one-hit you unless you're underleved. Basically, the reason PSU doesn't penalize death is because there are way too many cheap deaths in the game. Remove those, and penalize death, and you have a much more balanced experience.
    I remember when there would be like 6 jarbas in a room vomiting megid everywhere...

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

Quote Originally Posted by Michaeru View Post
    I remember when there would be like 6 jarbas in a room vomiting megid everywhere...
    NOPE NOPE NOPE

There's a lot of PSU that I don't remember well at all, but the moment you said Jarba I had a very clear and vivid memory of those kill boxes they called a mission.
    How can I possibly put a new idea into your heads, if I do not first remove your delusions?

you guys complain about Jarbas megid, but it was Dambarta that always fucked me over...