Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Yep, those power saving futures was a issue on certain games though, founded this on a forum though, donno if it works but people can give it a try for nvidia cards:

What you need to do is go into your Nvidia Control Panel and click Manage 3D settings, after that, add ShPSOBBw.exe. Set the area where it says "Select the preferred graphics processor for this program:" to High-performance NVIDIA processor. It'll run off the Nvidia card then.

That's the 1st time I've been more confused looking at the diagram than hearing the explanation. XD I feel like a disgrace to Casts... @_@

Well at least we finally know what the issue is, thanks! Nothing I can do about it but save up and get a better PC down the line as I doubt Sega will actually implement that. :/
    She is style
    She is grace
    But most importantly, she'll break your face <3

I've tried all the fixes, and sadly, I'm still stuck with five. I changed the .txt, and I've had PSO2 running on High Performance NVIDIA processor from the start. (Thankfully, I've known this for a long time, due to my experience with game emulation; if you have an integrated graphics card, most emulators will run on that instead of your NVIDIA, so you have to set it manually. PSO2 was no exception!) Still stuck on five. Any one else have ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Sidney View Post
    I've tried all the fixes, and sadly, I'm still stuck with five. I changed the .txt, and I've had PSO2 running on High Performance NVIDIA processor from the start. (Thankfully, I've known this for a long time, due to my experience with game emulation; if you have an integrated graphics card, most emulators will run on that instead of your NVIDIA, so you have to set it manually. PSO2 was no exception!) Still stuck on five. Any one else have ideas?
    None at all, I've been playing with values in my registry thinking maybe PSO2 is reading driver info from there and "thinking" I'm using the intel chip even though the game is running off of the nvidia chipset, but I'm hitting dead ends with that+^_^+ keep trying stuff on your end as well and be sure to post anything you find that might help!! +^_^+

Playing with the registry didn't work (did clean out a few things that didn't belong though+^_^+), this little bug is hiding very well, if i can just figure out the cause, i can fix it+^_^+ if anyone who reads the JP forums seen any solutions or theories to this problem, please post it here....

EDIT: have a new theory, PSO2 includes a slightly customized version of Dxdiag (3rd button on the slider tab in the launcher), and with switchable graphics (particularly Nvidia optimus) dxdiag always shows the integrated intel GPU and stats, so it may be that every time PSO2 launches, it runs Dxdiag and decides i can only have 5 character models+^_^+ doing some research right now to see if this is the case and if i can force dxdiag to detect Nvidia optimus cards+^_^+
    Last edited by Chik'Tikka; Jul 14, 2012 at 09:24 PM.

AKA SilverCross/Pikachu Quatre52's Avatar

Any updates on this? I have the same issue, while its not game breaking, it is rather annoying....nothing I've tried has fixed the problem either, so any info you all have figured out would be greatly appreciated.

I have this issue too, I assumed it had something to do with optimus, I swear that tech causes more issues than it helps. Tried modifying my files, and deleting the user file, nothing has worked. Still stuck at 5, and my laptop has a beastly card in it, so I know it's able to handle more than 5. I'm currently running a nvidia 540M.

Quote Originally Posted by P4Kman View Post
    I have this issue too, I assumed it had something to do with optimus, I swear that tech causes more issues than it helps. Tried modifying my files, and deleting the user file, nothing has worked. Still stuck at 5, and my laptop has a beastly card in it, so I know it's able to handle more than 5. I'm currently running a nvidia 540M.
    the 540M (which i have as well) gets what, 40 FPS at 1900x1600 at maxed settings? and i checked how much VRAM PSO2 uses on it, less then 15%. i wish i could fill that VRAM with character models........
    +^_^+

humm, same card (540M), same issues... Coincidence? :S

Quote Originally Posted by Chik'Tikka View Post
    the 540M (which i have as well) gets what, 40 FPS at 1900x1600 at maxed settings? and i checked how much VRAM PSO2 uses on it, less then 15%. i wish i could fill that VRAM with character models........
    +^_^+
    I've been getting over 60+ fps at max settings, with the exception of the initial couple seconds after loading into block 20 :P. But then again, I also have 8 gigs of ram, an i7 processor, and I'm running it at a lower resolution.
    Last edited by Sephirah; Aug 7, 2012 at 07:19 AM.