View Poll Results: Which servers will you be playing on?

Voters
298. You may not vote on this poll
  • I will be playing the English servers only

60 20.13%
  • I will be playing the Japnese servers only

97 32.55%
  • I will be playing the English and Japanese servers

127 42.62%
  • I refuse to play on any of the servers until everything is clear

14 4.70%
Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567891017 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jooozek View Post
    I don't know, do you not realise that there is anti-cheat software running along the game? How to check if you've got files modified? Welcome to computer science and checksums
    And I don't know if you realize that stuff like that will be taken in account when creating the patch. By the way, sorry if I don't take your "computer science" too serious in regard of PSO2 when they still use GameGuard.

In any case, I don't really need any patch. I've been reading, watching and playing foreign shit all the time because I hardly can wait for it to be localized in my country, this game won't be different.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezodagrom View Post
    Who knows, SEGA of America pointed the fingers at SEGA of Japan before, but now we're seeing things like Anarchy Reigns being delayed until Q1 2013 in western territories, even though the japanese version was already released and, according to Platinum Games, it's completely identical to the future english version, with support for english subtitles and voices.
    It's possible that SEGA West management is just that bad.
    As I said, I think it's both. Lack and delay of content is SoJ problem, bad management is SoA's. And we've been having both problems, so...
    Last edited by Darki; Jul 9, 2012 at 11:49 AM.

If the servers are not globally connected, ask yourselves this question.

"What was the point of including a Language drop-down menu in the client?"
    Nintendo Switch: 5668-1176-9106

Quote Originally Posted by Anon_Fire View Post

Well, games are made by human beings, y'know, subjected to failure and changes of opinion and mind.

Maybe they added it a year ago and now they don't wanna use it, and taking it off the launcher is just a pain in the ass.

Quote Originally Posted by foreignreign View Post
    Pretty easily.

They could make the clients perform a checksum of sorts on the client files that contain the text being translated and if there's any difference at all (which there will very likely be) they could make the client throw an error.
    This. SHA256 would be a better checksum and proven tested on Linux operating system. SoJ could easily adopt that approach which also includes digital keys like GPG for core elements.
    Gameguard is useless and should be replaced by another method.
    Given PSO2 is Free to Play, Sega should be smart to support emerging systems like Linux OS (Ubuntu for example), Android is actually Linux based (its kernel). Clearly Sega know about Linux (checking the layout on folder, they really have that in mind)and should encourage crossplatform to gain more clients.

Syncing Japanese with worldwide release would be wise.
    Japanese PSO2 Character
    Aliyah Tulumba Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Anon_Fire View Post

I guess a lot of people concerned about that aren't really concered about WHERE the servers are but what the release schedule will be. Even PSO GC with global servers had content available on the JP ships that was not available on the US/EU ships. And with you not being able to change ships on the fly you will be stuck with the EN content made available to you on whatever ship you are.

Btw. the drop down menu could just be for translation testing purposes, who knows. Still hoping here since the very first teaser had "global servers" in it (iirc).

Quote Originally Posted by Darki View Post
    And I don't know if you realize that stuff like that will be taken in account when creating the patch. By the way, sorry if I don't take your "computer science" too serious in regard of PSO2 when they still use GameGuard.
    Talk about being gullible, maybe if they used CRC32 to get the checksums then maybe someone would be able to spoof them easily but you know what? EAAF949B84978387A5EB249159D3F645 doesn't look like CRC32 to me Also, what's wrong with GameGuard?

264+ days of playing on JP servers, and I might just be a little weary of tossing all of that work out. If Sega, say, allows us to transfer our characters from the jp servers (fat chance), then maybe. For now, I'm fine with having early content and a smaller, more committed English player base~

Quote Originally Posted by jooozek View Post
    Talk about being gullible, maybe if they used CRC32 to get the checksums then maybe someone would be able to spoof them easily but you know what? EAAF949B84978387A5EB249159D3F645 doesn't look like CRC32 to me Also, what's wrong with GameGuard?
    As I said, I don't really care about it too much. It's just that SEGA has made me trust more in the dedication of a group of geeks willing to patch the game independently than all ther security.

Staying on the JP servers. When the US servers close down a year or more prematurely due to SoA's incompetence, all the US players will be back on the JP servers anyway. (You know it's true.) I'm going to stay on the server with more longevity, and honestly, I don't mind that it's in Japanese; I've gotten used to it by now, and I've even learned a good bit of Katakana.

Hit the beat, you beat! Vintasticvin's Avatar

If they eff up and not make servers global Im hopping on the Pouny edition of Pso2 :3 Yeah you guys will last longer and be up to date but JP Pso2 doesn't have the Pouny