Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: IP BANS

Default IP BANS

I've heard a lot of people mentioning that their friends are not playing because they don't wanna deal with the Japanese language barrier, but for me, my friends live in Japan, even though I'll be there in a year or so, I definitely wanna join them ASAP.

So, what I'm now worried about is all NA IPs being removed from the JP server... that would be like them forcing us to play PSU again, but in a different form...

... and gosh, I hope, and this is my optimism, that SOA still adds an English option in that drop down menu, that would make all this okay.

There are no hints nor has anyone mentioned IP bans at SEGA. People are just paranoid due to particular circumstances that have been happening lately. Don't let it discourage you, come play with the rest of us.
    PSO2 char
    ゆかり・ルルキア - Fighter/Force Newman(F)
    ライアク - Force/Techer Newman(M)
    RAH-犀 - Hunter/??? Cast(M)

There's going to be an NA/EU release, so no need to have a language option. (different servers n stuff though).

Hit the beat, you beat! Vintasticvin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ashley50 View Post
    There's going to be an NA/EU release, so no need to have a language option. (different servers n stuff though).
    Then why have an option for the language in the launcher configuration menu +_+ Then again I dunno.

Quote Originally Posted by Vintasticvin View Post
    Then why have an option for the language in the launcher configuration menu +_+ Then again I dunno.
    I believe they said they are testing out Korean markets soon or something like that, so there is one other language that we should expect to be coming, which means it could be just those two...sadly :/ there are more languages in the east than I can think of so there could be a wide variety of eastern language support with little to no western language support in the JP version.

Hit the beat, you beat! Vintasticvin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blackheart521 View Post
    I believe they said they are testing out Korean markets soon or something like that, so there is one other language that we should expect to be coming, which means it could be just those two...sadly :/ there are more languages in the east than I can think of so there could be a wide variety of eastern language support with little to no western language support in the JP version.
    You know Blackie what you just said actually does make sense I mean if theres like oodles upon oodles of languages in the East perhaps thats what the language setting option will be used for :O If I was a native on the east hemisphere I'd be like "YO thats like totally freaking brilliant!!!" As for us westerners getting no language support Im sure that is why they have released the beast here too

I wonder if they'll get to thinking about their overseas service if there are more english speakers on the japanese servers than american.
    Statements like these, make me fear the IPBan. This is a possibility, to be honest, it's what I'm hoping for, the only thing is, there will be people who don't even know about the game or casuals that will probably try it out for a bit and increase the sites numbers.

SOA: "Look at all those Gaijin in their NA only ships, enjoying our updates, exclusive weapons, havin a blast during OUR events, using our costumes that their censorship wouldn't dare approve!, heh... let's boot em!!!"

heh lololol

Quote Originally Posted by Vintasticvin View Post
    because they make plan to make it global at first until the final decided.
    anyway if there is localized version... you know? it is easy to make English-patch by file swap.

So it is win-win situation, you play in JP server with English language client data. (except the new unreleased item would still be JP name)
    Last edited by Arika; Jul 15, 2012 at 01:38 AM.

"ARIKAー戦隊, 参上!!" (click it!)
    Arika     @US server | Arika-chan @JP server

Quote Originally Posted by Arika View Post
    because they make plan to make it global at first until the final decided.
    anyway if there is localized version... you know? it is easy to make English-patch by file swap.

So it is win-win situation, you play in JP server with English language client data. (except the new unreleased item would still be JP name)
    That's pretty much my plan for when the english client rolls out early next year.
    http://fox-light713.deviantart.com/
    "I reject your reality and substitute my own." - "Good night, and good luck"

JOE - Ship 2 - Gu75 / Ra75
    *Warning Bad Spelling Often*

except the new unreleased item would still be JP name
    That's how it was on PSOBB, so that's fine with me