Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ... 815161718192021 ... LastLast

I'm a girl.

.............True story.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Name: Aliana
    Ship: 2
    Block: 20

Quote Originally Posted by Eryhpas View Post
    I'm a girl.

.............True story.
    Pics or it didn't happen.

A caseal contruction lab, someplace on the guardians colony...

Quote Originally Posted by sugarFO View Post
    If you are on ship 2 I will be happy to.
    I am! Well, when the servers come back up, at least ;_;

Making a Mega Man clone! Check it out! http://gigaguygame.blogspot.com/

"Of their own accord" Enforcer MKV's Avatar
    Somewhere, being an old man again, apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Miyoko View Post
    It's funny, 'cause the way rappies move... Or rather, the way they squish and bounce... I think they're made of, er, the same thing boob physics are.

Well, the Tit IS a well known bird, after all! *Rimshot*
    Must.....not.....laugh....Miyoko, you're horrible.

...yet it's hilarious.
    Enforcer MkX [TE/RA]: Critically injured
    Violet MkV [BR/HU]: On active duty

Quote Originally Posted by Hosaka View Post
    Pics or it didn't happen.
    Does pics of my loli in a wedding dress count?
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Name: Aliana
    Ship: 2
    Block: 20

Quote Originally Posted by Aewyn View Post
    Then I'm confused as to why you would bother saying that. This is PSOw, it's not surprising that this would turn into a free-for-all. I'm not condoning or condemning anything done by anyone, but isn't it to be expected that anyone might reply to something posted in the most active sub-forum of the PSO2 section of the forum? She can hold her own, she has shown that more than enough times.
    I said it exactly for that reason - because it was turning into a free-for-all, and I felt the men needed a quick reminder to check their privilege. Male voices get to dominate most - if not all - of the conversations here, and that's fine, but in this specific instance, Starlet requested that women step forward and make their presence known. I felt that the women's voices were getting drowned out by the myriad of men stepping forward to state the obvious fact that they were male. (Trust me, we know.) As a woman gamer who was also looking through this thread to meet other women, it would have been nice to not have to sift through 16 pages to find those few female voices.

Sometimes, you need to know when to step back and not comment if it's not your place, and this is a thread where women's voices need to be the primary one. PSO-W has been an awfully vile place lately, and that doesn't mean it has to stay that way. I know she can hold her own, but this is my particular opinion, and I am adding my own two cents based on my frustrations going through this thread.
    Last edited by Sidney; Jul 25, 2012 at 01:28 AM.

Yeah, what Sidney said is true... I'm lucky I kept following this topic from maintenance, and that some girls were proactive to send me friend requests and message (which is great <3) so that I could make some contacts. People talking about random things for a few pages? Really?

Quote Originally Posted by Sidney View Post
    I said it exactly for that reason - because it was turning into a free-for-all, and I felt the men needed a quick reminder to check their privilege. Male voices get to dominate most - if not all - of the conversations here, and that's fine, but in this specific instance, Starlet requested that women step forward and make their presence known. I felt that the women's voices were getting drowned out by the myriad of men stepping forward to state the obvious fact that they were male. (Trust me, we know.) As a woman gamer who was also looking through this thread to meet other women, it would have been nice to not have to sift through 16 pages to find those few female voices.

Sometimes, you need to know when to step back and not comment if it's not your place, and this is a thread where women's voices need to be the primary one. PSO-W has been an awfully vile place lately, and that doesn't mean it has to stay that way. I know she can hold her own, but this is my particular opinion, and I am adding my own two cents based on my frustrations going through this thread.
    You are perfect.

If I make a thread asking to meet anyone of any type, it will either get ignored or pulled as much off-track as this thread. I understand your desire not to have to sift through a bunch of replies to find the responses you're interested in, but that's the nature of a forum. I respect your opinion, but it seems a bit unrealistic to me. I have as much a right to enter that opinion into record here as you do. There is no disrespect intended, nor do I see how any could be inferred.

That said, the last ... well, 8 pages for me, haven't seemed all that bad. At least now there is a thread for you to find the people you wanted to connect with, even if there is some sifting required.
    Last edited by Aewyn; Jul 25, 2012 at 01:37 AM.
    SERVERS DIE WHEN THEY ARE KILLED.

I know a girl that plays PSO2... but seriously, just assume everyone is a guy. If you somehow find out that the other player is a girl, then that's a bonus, I guess? I'd just continue playing like normal though.