Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Girl vs Guy

Quote Originally Posted by Polly View Post
    TEEHEE SILLY BOYS, fuck yourself.
    B-b-but!

Quote Originally Posted by Ranmaru View Post
    I just don't get the "not this topic again". Also keep in mind I don't check the forums as much as you guys do, so please shed the light.
    Hi Ranmaru, there was a topic of such a little while back and it didnt go well. might or might not
    have anything in common, but it did got some people ANGRY.

here you go: http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=198813

maybe that sort of spark a FIRE and that fire kind of gotten carry over here as well.

But anyways, in the great words of Angelo: "I don't see this thread ending well..."

++++++----------"." Xe's Sanctuary 09/28/2016----------- Youtube's profile "."----------++++++
    wallies edited: 4500_|_G.O.L.D.E.N_|_sigs created: 1055

Quote Originally Posted by Ark22 View Post
    Not gonna lie, but girls are Gods at those Facebook Social games. Keep getting notifications saying "HEY, (insert name) WANTS YOU TO JOIN, FARMVILLE"
    LOL I have an aunt who does this quite a bit. For that reasons I have invites blocked for all those games.

Veering more on topic, I think that one's environment has a lot to do with interest. Did the girl grow up in a gaming household with gamer siblings (or even parents)? Did they grow up in an overly competitive environment? Quite a few internal/external factors come into play. As others have pointed out, the industry doesn't really market to its female audience that well.
    Zeota - Ship 2 (JP)
    http://twitch.tv/zeomantic

There's nothing special about being a female gamer, the only reason it ever got a term is because of male gamers with a "no gurlz allowd" mentality stemming from a deep inferiority complex. I'm tired of being singled out, I'm just a gamer. Get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by CelestialBlade View Post
    There's nothing special about being a female gamer, the only reason it ever got a term is because of male gamers with a "no gurlz allowd" mentality stemming from a deep inferiority complex. I'm tired of being singled out, I'm just a gamer. Get over it.
    x16,423,812,996.8

Cold as winter, guns of summer. Point and watch them run.
    Which PSO-W Member Are You?

Quote Originally Posted by Ranmaru View Post
    AI am already seeing friction in this thread (just a little), and don't understand why. I can understand if someone gets upset if I used a wrong term, or just applied it wrong.
    You are seeing "friction" from the women on the forum because you made a thread that is pretty much misogyny bait.

Also dont use rape as a adjective if you want women to value your opinion ya idiot.

a comfortable place between dreams and reality

As long as we maintain respect for each other, there is no reason for misogyny to enter the picture. Things tend to escalate quickly on the internet, but it doesn't have to be that way.

There has actually been a pretty interesting dialog concerning gender roles in games lately. With the release of Lollipop Chainsaw, the Tomb Raider controversy, and the Sarkeesian flame war, there are a lot of interesting editorials out there.

Men get to be seen as individuals; there are plenty of awful, low-skilled male gamers out there, but they are oft forgotten and labelled as "n00bs" when men ramble on about how skilled they are (as a gender) at games. When a male player runs into a male player with a poor skill level, it doesn't cause their perception of male players to be smeared, because (white, straight) men get to be seen as individuals. People of color and women don't get that opportunity; we are always our gender and/or our race first, and gamers second. Our individual interactions with a majority group often bear the weight of leaving the impression of how that member of the dominant group thinks of all members of our group. Have a bad match? Prepare for that member to think that all women gamers have low skill level. Are you, as a woman, very bubbly and outspoken in teamchat? Prepare for that member to assume that most women gamers are. This is not a burden that male players bear.

Even though woman gamers are more common than ever before, many of us keep our gender under wraps, and for good reason; male gamers don't interact with open female gamers very often, and so they have to base their impression of a large group of gamers off of a very small number of assumed interactions (whether positive or negative), which they then broadly paint a whole population with.

I look forward to the day where I can be a gamer first, and a woman second. This is likely my only contribution to this thread, because I can see the defensive, sexist, derailing replies coming in already, and I'm not going to waste my energy engaging in that.
    Last edited by Sidney; Jul 25, 2012 at 04:47 PM.

This is as dumb as the "there are no girls on the internet" argument. >,>
    Become the fence that protects Rachel. Always help her, treat her kindly, and approach her 'pretending to be a friend'. But, always remember. Never give her sympathy. Don't think of her as a friend. So that one day, you will be able to turn your back on her cries when told to do so. Detest her. Because she is the girl who killed my most precious friend. -Koon from ToG

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Nitro Vordex's Avatar

This thread is slightly more respectful.

Slightly.

Everyone sucks at video games: The Movie: The Game: The novel: Based on a true story*

*Heresay