Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    scary place on earth called gamefaqs.com,name is CieraBakufu there.

Default what kind of music you like...

here is my listing of music and with some bands.
    disturbed-asylum/stricken/the game/ten thousand fists/land of confusion/another way to die/innocence/never again/warrior and the animal.
    techno music and rock.it is what i listen to when playing games,it helps me focus.
    Last edited by Ame; Aug 6, 2012 at 08:42 AM. Reason: added why i listen to the music.

Techno. To be more specific, DnB Techno.

I also like ambient music, "epic" music, and some rock.

That's about it.

I'm mostly into Power metal and Progressive metal (Dream theater style prog) and the other similar metal sub genres (Symphonic metal, folk metal and the like). Though recently I've gotten into a bit more rock music, strangely enough American Idiot has become one of my favorite albums (I love Jesus of Suburbia). Are there any other Power metal listeners around here? Bands like Kamelot, Edguy, Falconer, the "inspired by Iron Maiden and Dio" stuff.

I've grown to have an appreciation for pretty much anything. My job kinda helped me build an appreciation or at least tolerance for anything. Music just fascinates me, as do other peoples' tastes.

I primarily lean toward rock-oriented music because that's what I grew up on. I was about seven or so when I bumped into my dad's stash of LPs, featuring CCR, KISS, David Bowie, Led Zeppelin, the Rolling Stones, Jim Croce, Rush, etc. That set me on the path to where I am today.

Some of my favorite artists off the top of my head include Led Zeppelin, CCR, Black Sabbath David Bowie, TOOL, Tom Waits, Radiohead, Dream Theater, Alice Cooper, DIO, Marilyn Manson, Pantera, At The Drive In/The Mars Volta, Thursday, Metallica, Slayer, Megadeth, Coheed And Cambria, Del The Funky Homo Sapien, KRS-One, and the list just goes on. I have a ridiculous CD collection that spans decades.

But I also enjoy classical compositions, hip-hop, and there's even a country album or two I wouldn't be ashamed of admitting that I enjoy.
    Last edited by Polly; Aug 6, 2012 at 09:45 AM.

Cold as winter, guns of summer. Point and watch them run.
    Which PSO-W Member Are You?

Wielder of the Neiclaws Ce'Nedra's Avatar

Hard Rock and (power)metal for me here. To name a few examples: Dragonforce, Symphony X, Avantasia, Rhapsody but I also like bands like Linkin Park and The Offspring.

I don't really care for the rest of the music gernes.

Celestial Manager~
    Quote Originally Posted by isCasted View Post
    Welcome to PSO2, a game which tells you to fuck off on regular basis. Have fun!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rupikachu View Post
    He just copypasted the log, which is mostly SOHO talking, and then for the remaining pages he just went to psow and copied the ep4 thread salt.

I'm a bit into everything. I sometimes even use a totally different genre as inspiration for an entirely different genre of music for my own compositions. As what I write in, I pretty much write in all genres as well. From Orchestral, Marches, Baroque, Romantic, Classical, to Jazz, Funk, Rock, Metal, various Techno, to Rap. Various eras and time periods. It's all good to me.

Technique addict! BrotherDarksoul's Avatar

Thumbs up

Dude I can listen to any kind of music, and own pretty much every genre there is, from RnB/Hip-Hop to Classical! Although rock is usually my thing I like a bit of alternative stuff too!! To name artists would probably crash my internet there is so many to choose from lol

I like general alt rock and left-of-middle pop type stuff. David Bowie, Belle & Sebastian, Garbage, Smashing Pumpkins, Hole, Neko Case, White Stripes, Superchunk, Ben Folds, The Smiths, Rilo Kiley, Flaming Lips, Iggy Pop, Velvet Underground, etc. I guess I have kind of an obvious fondness for the '90s.

My music tastes have been strongly jaded by my prescence of music rythmn games. (eat your heart out Konami) but my music tastes varies outside the spectrum of techno, dance, core and electronic. I listen on occassion Alt.Rock, usually girl bands though. Tegan&Sara, Sick of Sarah etc.

Though the music i like the best is natural earthy music blended with electronic ambience. http://youtu.be/bdbFkSh2Cz8 would fit that idea well.

"It looks cool this way, let's stop."

As a composer, I listen to a lot of music. The dillema is choosing what I like to listen to during composition phases and what I like to listen out of the blue and when shooting the breeze. Below is a list:

Favorite Time Periods: Romatic Period, Early 20th Century, Late 20th Century
    Favorite Genres (In order): Programmatic Music, Popular Music, Absolute Music, Sacred Music, Folk World
    Favorite Styles (Not in any order): Jazz, HardRock/Metal, Classical
    Instrumentation: Ensemble and/or Solo work.

My concentration deals with Stringed Instruments. I know (and have been trained) in performing every major string instrument out there in a technique capable of application across the category of instruments over individual specialization. However, my own specialization are guitars of all shapes and sizes. I work with digital music creation too and have music theory and sound theory abilities. I can also work with a piano and can sing the Tenor and Alto Range.

I've performed in Choruses, Chamber Singers, Ensembles, w/ and w/o orchestras and Solo work. Being one who majored in Music and Comp Sciences, My experience in listening to music is a lot different than most.

I look for sections of music that are interesting wether they are done through industrial and digital effects or through natural means. I am always looking for something strange but cool sounding across the genres. I am not looking for natural form and basics too much as much as that 1 - 5% that makes the rest of it all come together.

For example, I loved in Megadeth's "Holy Wars...The Punishment Due" where between the two track sections a Classical Accoustic Guitar was used with an effect, along with how the solo at "The Punishment Due" were call and responses to themselves. I also liked in the song "Foreclosure of a Dream" how an Accoustic guitar and Clean Electric Guitar doubled up the opening, that was neat.

I love it as much as when string instruments do percussion in heavy metal. Example is in Metallica's Disposable heroes after the intro the guitar sounds more like a drum in its Palm Muting. Steve Vai's Fever Dream has Vai play on a Heart-Shaped Guitar tuned differently playing a natural effect on the bridge on both necks (The guitar is a 2 necked guitar) between notes.

How about all the String Quartets where the Cellist doubles as the instrument that sets the rhythm, the bass and even at times carries the melody. How about the opening in "Legend of Mana" to the story where we hear a Guitar, Piano, and flute? along with the modulation near the end of the piece?

Examples of pieces I love in video games that have something critical to really listen to, "Danger" (from Secret of Mana, which I have a guitar version made for it.) How about the battle theme to Chrono Cross or the build up in the Eastersands (FFXII). How many of you notice the overlapping and middle melody in the FFVII world theme?

Sure, music listening is nice but have any of you sat down and REALLY listened to your favorite piece of music? Not just Lyrics to music but I mean the actual music? I have fun just sitting down in video games and listening to the music itself. I loved the stuff in the dot hack games, specially the first four....Each phase would have the same background music except one instrument was added in per phase than the previous one and recomposed to fit that new instrument. It was brilliant!
    PSO-2 Info: Ship: 2; ID: セツナヤキ; MCN: ケイリン
    "If you want a bridge between past, present, and future, search for the void and awaken it!"