Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

old or new

casual or pro

sony, microsoft or nintendo

PC or console...

This or that.......

I don't get it. @_@

Why does there always have to be some complicated mindset towards what a "real" or "good" video game ANYTHING(gamer,game,console) is?

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

Reclusive, indefinitely. RLbitClassica's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Eastwood View Post
    old or new

casual or pro

sony, microsoft or nintendo

PC or console...

This or that.......

I don't get it. @_@

Why does there always have to be some complicated mindset towards what a "real" or "good" video game ANYTHING(gamer,game,console) is?
    Because they aren't the same? If you have the money and means to play every gaming platform and you enjoy it, then more power to you, but I know what I like and what I don't like. That stated, I never intended an argument to blossom from what I said. I just don't like when people tell me my opinion's wrong. It's an opinion, damn it.
    When life gives you lemons, suck on them.

Quote Originally Posted by RLbitClassica View Post
    I just don't like when people tell me my opinion's wrong. It's an opinion, damn it.
    Yet you opened it up for thoughts and some have disagreed. And there's a difference between telling an opinion is wrong based on opinion, and telling an opinion is wrong based on facts. Again, the Wii being your example is a bad choice because it also follows the multimedia mainstreaming as the other consoles of the past generation, which is the basis of your opinion. In other words, you're contradicting your own opinion.

That being said, we all seem to agree that games should remain physical in some form to provide a sense of ownership.
    Last edited by RenzokukenZ; Dec 25, 2012 at 07:17 PM.
    Heeding the call of the Hunter in PSP2? Use this: Beginner's Guide to Hunter Domination

"You either die the hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain."

So did you make this topic in hopes of getting some sort of standing ovation for your "keepin it old school" stance on gaming, or to throw a hissy fit when someone disagrees on it?

Funny how The Last Story is the /last/ Wii game I buy.

Lets hope the Last Story will be the most epic as well.

Did you feel the same way about the Atari, TurboGrapfx, and Comm64 machines?

The atari was a CLASSIC man. Dont you EVER mock that shit again.

"It looks cool this way, let's stop."

Now that I think about it digital distribution does have its advantages. It gives developers a chance to experiment with low budget games.

I don't think that era's totally over. To me the PS3 was just the games I bought and me playing them. I don't think I went online more than once or twice, and that was only with Little Big Planet. For the most part I plan to do the same with the Wii U. Sure, Miiverse is there, but games link Nintendo Land are still doing there best to make us realize that multiplayer is still a ton of fun with people in the same room. In short, this doesn't have to be the end of unassisted/offline gaming, at least not yet. When the day comes that every game requires DLC or online multiplayer to be complete, that; will be a sad day.