Page 586 of 684 FirstFirst ... 86486536576583584585586587588589596636 ... LastLast
Results 5,851 to 5,860 of 6832

Quote Originally Posted by TrekkiesUnite View Post
    Still, that shouldn't require 90+ CPU on all 8 cores. We're talking about reading and writing to a file. Yeah I know the files are encrypted, but that still shouldn't require this much CPU power. PSO2 itself doesn't even need a fraction of that.
    A file, no.

Multiple Files, yes.

Still though, the high CPU usage could be unoptimized code, probably something redundant.
    PSO2 Details: Ship 02 || Sirius-91 Cast || Lacey-458 Caseal || Team: ChibiRoar!

Quote Originally Posted by Xerenia View Post
    Oh no! What am i going to do, this was my whole entire life, and now it's going to be gone. :C Guess i'll just go and troll other proxies. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Sirius-91 View Post
    A file, no.

Multiple Files, yes.
    Modifying one file vs multiple files really shouldn't make much of a difference here. Even with it using 20 threads that shouldn't require that much CPU power to do. You're decrypting the file, doing some read and write operations to it, then re-encrypting it. That shouldn't be that demanding of an operation, even with multiple ones going on.

PSO2 is most likely decrypting multiple files at once to read them when you play the game and even it doesn't hit that level of CPU usage.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirius-91 View Post
    Still though, the high CPU usage could be unoptimized code, probably something redundant.
    Most likely. The forcing max priority is pretty sketchy too if you ask me. That should be an option, not something it does under the hood without informing the user.

It's .net code, and .net is not the most optimized.

Quote Originally Posted by vbetts View Post
    It's .net code, and .net is not the most optimized.
    That's still not a very good reason. If .NET is that bad that doing this kind of an operation requires 90+ percent of CPU resources on an 8 core 4.2GHz CPU then no one would be using it.

Not to mention the TransAm tool is a separate application from the Tweaker that comes up and runs. That could probably be written in something a bit more efficient such as C/C++ if .NET really is the issue.

That's still not a very good reason. If .NET is that bad that doing this kind of an operation requires 90+ percent of CPU resources on an 8 core 4.2GHz CPU then no one would be using it.

Not to mention the TransAm tool is a separate application from the Tweaker that comes up and runs. That could probably be written in something a bit more efficient such as C/C++ if .NET really is the issue.
    .net code usually sees all available resources by default, all pipelines. It could be a simple execution like "solve equation 1+1," and take a fraction of a second to do it. If not coded into it to only execute on one pipeline, then it's going to spike up every available pipeline.

Why do you think Microsoft is more trying to push powershell?

Quote Originally Posted by vbetts View Post
    .net code usually sees all available resources by default, all pipelines. It could be a simple execution like "solve equation 1+1," and take a fraction of a second to do it. If not coded into it to only execute on one pipeline, then it's going to spike up every available pipeline.

Why do you think Microsoft is more trying to push powershell?
    That is absolutely idiotic on Microsoft's part if that's true. But even then, this simple of an operation shouldn't require this much CPU power to do. The fact it's spiking like this and is staying like this tells me it's probably doing something it shouldn't be doing, or that it's doing something in a very inefficient way.

The point is, this should be addressed and resolved. Either make an option in the tweaker to control CPU priority, or review the code and see if it could be done better. If .NET is truly the reason for all of this then I'd seriously consider using something else.

None of the excuses that have been presented here so far are good reasons for this behavior if you ask me.

None of the excuses that have been presented here so far are good reasons for this behavior if you ask me.
    No one is trying to excuse it. It's an issue that does need to be solved.
    PSO2 Details: Ship 02 || Sirius-91 Cast || Lacey-458 Caseal || Team: ChibiRoar!

Quote Originally Posted by Xerenia View Post
    Oh no! What am i going to do, this was my whole entire life, and now it's going to be gone. :C Guess i'll just go and troll other proxies. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

That is absolutely idiotic on Microsoft's part if that's true. But even then, this simple of an operation shouldn't require this much CPU power to do. The fact it's spiking like this and is staying like this tells me it's probably doing something it shouldn't be doing, or that it's doing something in a very inefficient way.

The point is, this should be addressed and resolved. Either make an option in the tweaker to control CPU priority, or review the code and see if it could be done better. If .NET is truly the reason for all of this then I'd seriously consider using something else.

At a time when .net code was used to create major apps it made sense. Now though, no so much. Really doesn't affect performance of anything if Tweaker is just sitting in the background, it's only Trans AM(SO POWERFUL AND PINK) that spikes your cores.

PSO2 Tweaker is open source now.

Totally new to this forum but have been playing PSO2 for quite a while and the Tweaker is n awesome tool/thingy.

Lil' issue tho; today there was a new patch (from SEGA) and after this download it seems the translation isn't working anymore. Stil translates items but everything else is in Japanese again. Tried various fixes like reverting and reinstalling but nothing seems to work.

Anybody else having this issue or am I missing something?

The english patches are, from what I read (from Quick Answers), currently broken. So no matter how often you reinstall a broken file, it'll still be broken.

I've got the same issue. Nothing much to do right now but wait for the fix.
    Insert signature that details my numerous PSO2 characters and years of various PSO-related gaming experience here.