I think the game had been out for a month before I convinced my brother to get Phantasy Star Zero. I heard about the game from playing with some of my friends on Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of Time. That was a pretty fun run. Lots of hours well spent. I think it might have been close to new years when I got it, because I remember going to a friends house to pop fireworks, and telling my brother how much fun the game would be. I let my brother try it out first, because he was the one who purchased the game.

His first character was a HUnewm ( or whatever the Male Hunter Newman are called; Cut me some slack! I haven't played in a while!). He seemed to really like his choice. When it was finally my turn to play, I followed in suite. I made my HUnewm with a green suite and hair. I reached lvl 100 maybe a year and a half after I got it. I took my time with the game, and spent many hours online playing with friends. I think I spent more than 400+ hours on PSZ. It was loads of fun. I would like to make a robot hunter, or even a human ranger. Maybe I will. I just wish I could still play online.

My favorite place on PSZ is probably the ARCA PLANT ( if playing online), but I really enjoyed doing the Eternal Tower in offline play. I also visited Dark Shrine and Ruins often. Good times. PSZ also had pretty good music. In fact, I bought the 4 disc soundtrack recently. Love it!

It has been said before, but PSZ really should have a sequel. I didn't have nearly as much fun with Phantasy Star Portable 2 as I did with PSZ. I have been playing PSO 1&2 for gamecube as of late.