Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Dragon EX tips? (Melee)

Does anyone have any advice regarding Dragon EX's attack pattern/vulnerable moments for a Fighter? I'm having a terrible time soloing it on Very Hard, even at level 54. All of his attacks do ~400 of my 810 HP, and it's hard to find time to actually attack while recovering from all of his attacks.
    (Dead server) :: Angra Mainyu : Ahura Mazda : Arbalest : Fischerspooner :: PSUpedia & Forums

For easy mode, use Symph. Drive 16 with t-dagger gear. Invul frames are reasonable during twirl, so you should be fine dodging most attacks except the stab. I've dodged stab with perfect timing and still taken damage after because it has some stupid delayed temporal damage hitbox.

Dragon Ex is quite literally 'break his right arm, and you win'.

Deadly Archer and Symphonic Drive have an easy time breaking his right arm. You'll have numerous opportunities to attack him once you do.
    If you dont have a twin dagger and can't get in the air, just run around the arena and step out of some of his attacks and he'll eventually do his stupid roar. Wail on his head or right arm until the next attack.

ダーク ファルス 【守護者】

Wait, breaking his right arm?

Quote Originally Posted by Shinamori View Post
    Wait, breaking his right arm?
    It slows down his worst trio of attacks; the quick slash, the lunge, and spin to easily telegraphed speeds. Instead of having to anticipate those attacks most of the time, you can react to them much easier.

Breaking that arm does effect other attacks, but those are the key attacks that are absurdly fast and annoying before you break that arm.

I think Maninblue means his right wing, or his left wing. Dragon EX does have arms, but they are very very small.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenobia View Post
    We threw our eyes away a long time ago.
    #coatl4173 on discord if you wanna squad up.

Affix your saber with poison I (obviously soul and power 3 too) and let RNG do the job. Learn his patterns, his tells are quite easy to read.
    -PSO2 JP:
    -Kamekur (taco only) : 70/66/50/0/40/0/70 Fi/Hu - Braver
    -Akane Haruna (dropped):66/31/70/66/0/0/0 Ra/Hu - Gu/Hu
    -Akane Iremi (dropped): 30/49/0/0/70/60/53 Fo/Te - Fo/Fi - Fo/Br
    -茜泉:70/70/75/70/75/75/70/21 not Bo.
    -エリ: 70/45/1/0/1/8/70/1 Br/Hu

Quote Originally Posted by Coatl View Post
    I think Maninblue means his right wing, or his left wing. Dragon EX does have arms, but they are very very small.
    Well he does have arms, and a non-functional pair of wings on his back afaik, so what do we call those body parts he swings as weapons?

Also, I did mean dragon Ex's right. Not the player's right

Honestly, I think the most descriptive would be shield-sheathed bayonets. I don't know how else you could really describe them lol...