Page 2 of 396 FirstFirst 123451252102 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

So after lurking this thread for a couple of days it's safe to say that Break stance is situational and not really necessary? I mean it does work on boss with breakable armor but I not exactly sure I want to focus on that.

Here is my build idea, Bo/hu. If needed I don't mind putting 10 points into break stance and leaving break stance up untouched.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsuiyasu View Post
    So after lurking this thread for a couple of days it's safe to say that Break stance is situational and not really necessary? I mean it does work on boss with breakable armor but I not exactly sure I want to focus on that.

Here is my build idea, Bo/hu. If needed I don't mind putting 10 points into break stance and leaving break stance up untouched.
    With dual stance, it's about covering bases and future-proofing rather than focusing. Main reason I went with Break Stance + Break Stance Up was because of the Ep3 content trend:

1. GGG - lots of breakables
    2. Nepto - lots of breakables
    3. Diabo - lots of breakables
    4. Anga - breakable core and bell things; can resist Light and screw Elemental Stance up.
    5. Magatsu - literally a pinata of breakables

So it looked to me like Break Stance wouldn't be a half bad investment for the future. Of course, the trouble is after Magatsu in December there's been no new content, and there's still no sign of Ultimate Lilipa up till March.

Quote Originally Posted by Itosken View Post
    Hi, I've been a frequent lurker and have been torn about what I should do with my Newman Bo/Hu.
    She's completely T-ATK right now, but I've been spectating that S-ATK is versatile and you can gain more S-ATK from end-game gear. Also, there isn't really a solid build for JB(which is to be expected since the class itself is new), so I was wondering it its worth maxing J Reversal PP Gain and what level should I keep Step Advance at?
    Thanks in advance!
    Which set should I aim for end-game would be awesome to provide too!
    SATK does let you access Hunter weapons and puts Hunter's innate SATK as a subclass to use. It also lets you get a use out of the SATK Up skills. As Bo/Hu it would make sense indeed. However, endgame boots tend to have slightly higher TATK than SATK, and TATK does have the Negro/Media set for +90 TATK and 10 PP. There's no equivalent for SATK. So for Bo/Hu it's not so much a gear thing as it is a skill tree/class stat/versatility thing.

As for a solid build... the Hunter subclass tree is pretty standard. Full Fury, Massive Hunter, rest into SATK Up/Automate/Flash Guard. Step Advance is fine at 1-2 points, JR PP Gain is a luxury skill that you can pick up if you have one point to spare and no idea where to put it.

As for endgame set

• Entry level - Crafted Hiei
    • High end balanced - Saiki or Burisa
    • High end PP - PP-Crafted Saiki
    • High end raw SATK (assuming you're switching to Switch Strike) - Crafted XQ
    • High end TATK - crafted Negro/Media

Quote Originally Posted by Atlantis419 View Post
    OK so after the questions I asked in the other thread I think I'm more confused. If boots use your tatk why fury stance? Why wouldn't te or fo with the tatk ups and ewh or photon flare be better? I know percents are better than static increases but it seems the braver tree doesn't boost much tatk nor the Hu tree. Fighter seems good though. Sorry I'm just not understanding this one weapon category well. Its why it's the only unmaxed unplayed class I have. I'm just equating the boots pa to a tech that uses your overall tatk. Which is why I thought a tech mag and a tech class would suit boots better no?
    Boots use TATK but Striking multipliers. In general, 25 ATK = 1% damage. The Fo tree gives a lot of additive TATK, but not much in the way of Striking multipliers. Also, with the Bo-main skill Switch Strike, Boots can be converted to use SATK for damage.

Fi/Bo is good indeed for a TATK build though.

General rule of thumb would be:

Bo/Hu - Switch Strike SATK build
    Bo/Fi - Can go either way but SATK is easier to get from skill trees
    Fi/Bo - TATK build and part-time Force
    Last edited by Selphea; Feb 6, 2015 at 05:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Selphia View Post
    With dual stance, it's about covering bases and future-proofing rather than focusing. Main reason I went with Break Stance + Break Stance Up was because of the Ep3 content trend:

1. GGG - lots of breakables
    2. Nepto - lots of breakables
    3. Diabo - lots of breakables
    4. Anga - breakable core and bell things; can resist Light and screw Elemental Stance up.
    5. Magatsu - literally a pinata of breakables

So it looked to me like Break Stance wouldn't be a half bad investment for the future. Of course, the trouble is after Magatsu in December there's been no new content, and there's still no sign of Ultimate Lilipa up till March.

SATK does let you access Hunter weapons and puts Hunter's innate SATK as a subclass to use. It also lets you get a use out of the SATK Up skills. As Bo/Hu it would make sense indeed. However, endgame boots tend to have slightly higher TATK than SATK, and TATK does have the Negro/Media set for +90 TATK and 10 PP. There's no equivalent for SATK. So for Bo/Hu it's not so much a gear thing as it is a skill tree/class stat/versatility thing.

As for a solid build... the Hunter subclass tree is pretty standard. Full Fury, Massive Hunter, rest into SATK Up/Automate/Flash Guard. Step Advance is fine at 1-2 points, JR PP Gain is a luxury skill that you can pick up if you have one point to spare and no idea where to put it.

As for endgame set

• Entry level - Crafted Hiei
    • High end balanced - Saiki or Burisa
    • High end PP - PP-Crafted Saiki
    • High end raw SATK (assuming you're switching to Switch Strike) - Crafted XQ
    • High end TATK - crafted Negro/Media

Boots use TATK but Striking multipliers. In general, 25 ATK = 1% damage. The Fo tree gives a lot of additive TATK, but not much in the way of Striking multipliers. Also, with the Bo-main skill Switch Strike, Boots can be converted to use SATK for damage.

Fi/Bo is good indeed for a TATK build though.

General rule of thumb would be:

Bo/Hu - Switch Strike SATK build
    Bo/Fi - Can go either way but SATK is easier to get from skill trees
    Fi/Bo - TATK build and part-time Force

Well I have several skill tree resets so I'll just do what I'm doing now and worry about it later. Thanks for all the information.

Question Recommendation Affix

so i want to focus my bouncer class with S-Atk so i can focus on Dual Blade & jet Boots because i build it wrong by affix for tech atk

any advice for 6 - 8 slot weapon & unit affix ?

u can screenshot ur affix too if you dont mind

Thanks !

Quote Originally Posted by Frostz View Post
    any advice for 6 - 8 slot weapon & unit affix ?
    For weapons it will depend on what you're using. Supposedly the new weapons will support S1 - S5 (who knows?) but if so then your typical damage SSA lineup is obvious for 1 - 3. For S4 depends on preference really but I'd suggest Vampiric Strike, Raising Pursuit, or Skilled Balance (only if BoPh). For S5 just use Thundering Pursuit (DB only), Mysterious Purpose, or Area Support (For JB only). The same S4s and S5s apply even if you're just going with Stil or Liberate right now.

As for units that can come down to personal preference but largely depends on your budget and what is already available to you. Without knowing that I can only suggest aiming for a moderate amount of S-ATK (150 minimum is incredibly easy to achieve now) and a sizeable chunk of HP since Bouncer has a tendency to require facetanking with Dual Blades. PP depends on preference but more never hurts although Bouncer isn't horribly pressed when it comes to PP efficiency.
    Last edited by Ransu; Aug 27, 2020 at 12:50 PM.

The melee weapon for Bouncer is called Dual Blades, not Photon Blades. Photon Blades are swords that it generates.

Friends with Ragne-chan! Maenara's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LonelyGaruga View Post
    The melee weapon for Bouncer is called Dual Blades, not Photon Blades. Photon Blades are swords that it generates.
    Well that's dumb - Dual Blades is basically synonyms for Double Sabre.
    Quote Originally Posted by GHNeko View Post
    this is an absolutely disgusting post

reported.
    Maenara - Level 75 HU/FI/RA/GU/FO/TE/BR/BO

Gosh not the Double Sabre Twin/Double Blades confusion again. I though we left it all behind.
    PSO2 Ship 6
    HacksawJimcuttn - HU 75 | FI 75 | RA 75 | GU 75 | FO 75 | TE 75 | BR 75 | BO 75 | SU x

Queso - RA/HU

Nah, doublesaber is pulled directly from Star Wars and means it's got two connected ends like a double dildo

'Twin' implies the two weapons are the same type, while 'dual' could be any two (bladed) weapons paired together. Although looking at the Bouncer promos that doesn't seem to be the case.
    PSO2 Trivia:
    Crits are bad, m'kay?       Buffs/Heals ignore equipment
    20 Atk ≃ 1% damage     Mass WB = Instant Win    
    Skill Tree Priority Charts || Class Info and Build Guide

Came in this thread wondering why it was so active when we haven't really gotten anymore information yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by UnLucky View Post
    like a double dildo
    I am not disappointed.