Page 2 of 247 FirstFirst 123451252102 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Barta is inaccurate at long ranges. You can TPS with it, but that doesn't work well with a Talis. It'd be more effective to use Gibarta, Sabarta, or Ilbarta for long range targets that you can't accurately aim at.

Would agree with LonelyGaruga. Use Barta in TPS mode with a rod, or don't use it at all.

Now, question of my own: Concentrated or Ice Fang Ilbarta? I have both a 50 ice Elysion and Nepto Rod that I use for ice techs. Currently have concentrated, but was wondering if 6x uncharged and 1x charged with Ice Fang Ilbarta would be better.

By the way, uncharged Zanverse before the 7th Ilbarta rocks. Especially as FO/FI, since you get the TAJA bonus from it too.

And on a side note we might as well get a hunter and ranger thread going too. It's quite a bit easier getting more specialized help than having your questions barely answered or completely glossed over in the simple questions thread, which I've seen before.

Quote Originally Posted by horseship View Post
    Would agree with LonelyGaruga. Use Barta in TPS mode with a rod, or don't use it at all.

Now, question of my own: Concentrated or Ice Fang Ilbarta? I have both a 50 ice Elysion and Nepto Rod that I use for ice techs. Currently have concentrated, but was wondering if 6x uncharged and 1x charged with Ice Fang Ilbarta would be better.

By the way, uncharged Zanverse before the 7th Ilbarta rocks. Especially as FO/FI, since you get the TAJA bonus from it too.

And on a side note we might as well get a hunter and ranger thread going too. It's quite a bit easier getting more specialized help than having your questions barely answered or completely glossed over in the simple questions thread, which I've seen before.
    I would think if you're spamming with ely then ice fang would be better. And I can second that hunter/ranger thread. It's kinda weird they don't exist already.

I assumed this thread just super old and buried. Didn't think there just wasn't one.

Shigure ship 2. Credit to agarwood for the picture!

Has anybody actually found any practical uses for Zandeon that are actually more useful than other things you could do (for example, one-shotting Mizer with Zandeon)? Since it's not faster than Ilzonde either from my experience (although I might be wrong), it's much better to spam that when you just want to kill and move on.

Zandeon seems like a really weak tech to me -- it may do 17 hits of 10K or whatever, but it has a full second charge, requires you to be on your target, takes an eternity to actually fully execute and cannot properly be concentrated on many weak points. You'd be faster using whatever the most efficient tech is at the time, rather than using Zandeon. Add to the fact that for proper damage, you need to have lightning and wind masteries.

The only real use I've found for Zandeon is killing a boss when it's at low enough HP and I feel like I might fuck up and die, since Zandeon has full i-frames once you get it going, although if you don't kill, you may very well get hit on the exit as I've accidently done once or twice. . _.

Quote Originally Posted by Z-0 View Post
    Has anybody actually found any practical uses for Zandeon that are actually more useful than other things you could do (for example, one-shotting Mizer with Zandeon)? Since it's not faster than Ilzonde either from my experience (although I might be wrong), it's much better to spam that when you just want to kill and move on.

Zandeon seems like a really weak tech to me -- it may do 17 hits of 10K or whatever, but it has a full second charge, requires you to be on your target, takes an eternity to actually fully execute and cannot properly be concentrated on many weak points. You'd be faster using whatever the most efficient tech is at the time, rather than using Zandeon. Add to the fact that for proper damage, you need to have lightning and wind masteries.

The only real use I've found for Zandeon is killing a boss when it's at low enough HP and I feel like I might fuck up and die, since Zandeon has full i-frames once you get it going, although if you don't kill, you may very well get hit on the exit as I've accidently done once or twice. . _.
    Isn't Zandeon stepping the fastest way to move without PP? It's the same as charge stepping except it costs no PP, so you can step indefinitely as long as you have a wand equipped and Wand Lovers activated. I'm a TA noob so I don't know about all the new steps these days though...

check bottom post
    Last edited by Z-0; Dec 15, 2014 at 03:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aine View Post
    Isn't Zandeon stepping the fastest way to move without PP? It's the same as charge stepping except it costs no PP, so you can step indefinitely as long as you have a wand equipped and Wand Lovers activated. I'm a TA noob so I don't know about all the new steps these days though...
    I'd also say there'd be some interesting applications of Zandeon aside from stepping in a TA setting if you take advantage of the bug where you're moving up diagonally. But I haven't played PSO2 seriously the past weeks to confirm this. Maybe someone else can?

Quote Originally Posted by Ordy View Post
    FoBr does more against non-matching element, but only non-matching element weakpoint. FoTe gets the crown otherwise.

Spoiler!