Hybrid View

I must respectfully disagree, increasing my stats ended up saving me 3 minutes on Mother as it helped me to skip a hand phase. It can have a significant impact.

But at this point I can tell this thread has shifted towards complete dismissal of the idea. As such I am pulling my support of this thread. Please remove my video immediately from both quest listings.
    Last edited by PrinceBrightstar; Jun 6, 2019 at 04:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceBrightstar View Post
    I must respectfully disagree, increasing my stats ended up saving me 3 minutes on Mother as it helped me to skip a hand phase. It can have a significant impact.

But at this point I can tell this thread has shifted towards complete dismissal of the idea. As such I am pulling my support of this thread. Please remove my video immediately from both quest listings.
    Whatever suits you, videos properly removed from directory ! Also added Falco's undergeared run to it !
    Last edited by Zephyrion; Jun 6, 2019 at 04:48 PM.

in your video you had 4 hand phases which awhile ago sega changed mother to automatically go to her final phase regardless of how much damage is done to her after 4 phases. to get a skip you need to phase her on the 3rd down

EDIT: To the people saying the team drink only affects your base stats, I'm pretty sure every shifta-like buff takes affixes into account.

If you have everything on point then upgrading your affixes will obviously have a big impact, especially if you go from having almost nothing, to 100+ on everything, but the cost effectiveness of doing that in relation to what you get out of it is considerably higher then I think is reasonable to expect of someone who can't complete the requirements without it. Even moreso if the person already has like 60-80 atk.

I personally find the extra PP makes a bigger difference than the attack.

There's no "complete dismissal", and I'm not sure why people being able to do it without high end affixes means anything to you, since this thread is about completing the requirements, not speed-running it.

EDIT: To clarify, the reason I suggest people not worry about affixing is because it's been shown to be doable undergeared, so telling someone "well, you almost got it, you can stop trying harder now, just get bigger numbers", trains people to get carried by their gear instead of actually pushing themselves a bit more. If someone would REALLY prefer that, sure, but I'm not going to personally suggest it because I think it sets people up for failure later, and trains them to think their skill can be "capped".
    I also don't think it should ever be the first suggestion for improvement, even if you're only a few minutes off. I ended up shaving over 2 minutes off mother/deus on Su by changing some candies around and playing better, which was considerably cheaper and more worthwhile than re-affixing my bode units...

Quote Originally Posted by KaizoKage View Post
    Then I should forget about affixing for a while
    You can still get decent 4 or 5 slot affixes for pretty cheap, you just don't need to go all into it.
    Last edited by Kondibon; Jun 6, 2019 at 07:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    EDIT: To the people saying the team drink only affects your base stats, I'm pretty sure every shifta-like buff takes affixes into account.
    Only katana gear does that.

Quote Originally Posted by Reilet View Post
    Only katana gear does that.
    Yeah, I'm thinking of HP buffs, my bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    You can still get decent 4 or 5 slot affixes for pretty cheap, you just don't need to go all into it.
    So I commonly have these in all of my units since its cheap and easy to make but is that enough?
    Apprentice Soul
    Persona Reverie
    Spirita 3
    Stamina 3
    Power 3 (sometimes)

So I commonly have these in all of my units since its cheap and easy to make but is that enough?
    Apprentice Soul
    Persona Reverie
    Spirita 3
    Stamina 3
    Power 3 (sometimes)
    I dunno, do you think it's enough?

Apprentice Soul
    Persona Reverie
    Spirita 3
    Stamina 3
    Power 3 (sometimes)
    did you already affix this stuff or is that your plan? because swapping that spirita 3 for an arks fever will go a long way, and arks fever is pretty cheap if you're working with low slot stuff and can put i on your units before you upslot them. i've saved a ton of money getting 1-2s arks fever units and affixing it to 1-2 slot units that i'm going to use (then upslotting as far as i can go with 100% success, or at least as far as i'm willing to risk, which is usually 6s for me). spirita 3 has been totally obsoleted at this point. (honestly, making your own 5s arks fever shouldn't be that bad either if you just get the cheapest one you can and upslot it yourself with fodder that drops as you play, especially if you buy on/shortly after pso2 day).

i'd definitely recommend running a compound soul instead of apprentice. the extra hp/pp you'll get from it is worth it. you WILL get 5s historia souls if you catch 1 dragon eq if you're worried about cost, and it's not too hard to get a 5s soul to mix it with as a drop (ESPECIALLY if you're comfortable with running endless 1). additionally, the boss soul you're mixing with historia will probably boost pow success rates allowing you go use pow4 instead of pow 3 (extra 5 atk per unit, so 15 atk. not a huge increase, but it's free atk so no reason to leave it on the table)

as far as if it's enough, that affixing is enough to get the job done if you're good enough, but better affixing will make your life a lot easier if you're struggling (especially since you called pow 3 a "sometimes" affix, which means it sounds like you're running under 100atk per unit in some cases).

also, while units are important (because typically it's going to be x3 since in an lot of cases you'll put the same affixes on all 3 units), don't forget how important the weapon is. having the proper SSA's is a huge deal and can add an extra 10-12% damage.
    Last edited by reaper527; Jun 7, 2019 at 08:50 AM.