Quote Originally Posted by Pelayo View Post
Most people say "to few tech", looking in base, most of the time we used the same ones anyway and most of them just bloated your tech list. Sure, there are situations when a very specific tech was useful but it was not that common, so this simplification if they expand tech customization for me is the way (and SEGA sure feels that way, watching what they keep doing).
Problem here is that we're not game designers, and the community is barely big enough to have discussions anymore so things get circular fast, but, yes, most of the playerbase would be doing the same things in the end regardless, no question. That doesn't mean it's not important, though. When everyone else that's successful on the market is doing a thing, there's generally a good reason for it. Like in practice, Monster Hunter could remove half of the weapons to only leave the ones 90% of the playerbase uses. Fighting games like Street Fighter V could remove half of ther roster to only keep the ones most people play, making characters takes resources after all. Shooters could remove lesser used weapons, etc, etc.
They don't, though.

... but maybe that's my big mistake here, I'm comparing NGS to retail games, while SEGA is really doing high budget mobile instead. This and a good portion of PSO2 are so basic likely because it's been established to be what makes money in the long run for F2P economies, so they'll just stick to that. And I mean, somehow they still consider NGS as one of their biggest moneymakers it seems (even though I think that's windowdressing), so...