Thread: My fakemon dump

Threaded View

Curiously attractive for a fish man Zorafim's Avatar

Default My fakemon dump

Since this got big, I figured I'd just put the links at the top so people can see them first thing.

My gen 1 hack: https://www.mediafire.com/file/9dia7...eblue.gbc/file
    My gen 2 hack: https://www.mediafire.com/file/ha48s...ystal.gbc/file

I worked on a pokemon hack recently, where I just make a few pokemon and play the game with them. I had a lot of fun with them! Here are the custom images I made for them.
    I'm doing this as a way to work on my art in a satisfying way. I started drawing in November, and I haven't been pushing hard, but I was so glad to at least make a hack with it! Related; Assembly is so hard to work with.

My player insert. I have a story of him written on here somewhere. I had to make some edits to the game to make his inclusion make sense, but I like how it came out. Mostly. I still miss a few people calling him a kid.
    The back and overworld sprite was done by my friend, but I drew the front sprite.

My design based off biblically accurate angels. Ghost/Psychic. My gameplay design was based off of Abra/Alakazam, making a powerful speedster with good attacks that improve as it levels. The only real differences are adding the ghost typing, and adding ghost attacks to give it coverage.
    Since Alakazam is already overpowered, this one became by far my strongest pokemon. It was untouchable in the early game, and the plethora of poison types meant it always had something to hit hard. Its ghost typing meant it was able to deal with psychic pokemon as well, which was such a relief to finally have.
    I gave him the custom ghost moves Presence and Purify, a low and high base power special ghost move, as well as changing Night Shade to do special damage instead of fixed. This change made anything else with Night Shade do 4x damage against him, which, actually cost me a match in my edit that buffed bosses.

My Water/Dragon type. As cool and overpowered as this type seems, the dragon typing really didn't factor in too much. Yeah I'm no longer vulnerable to grass or electric, but I normally switched out with those types anyway. And the dragon typing does nothing offensively for me except kind of help against Lance. Still, this is a powerful water type with a design I love and it was great using it. The only real overpowered thing about it was that it was a water type, and it could learn Thunderbolt, which ironically made it a better electric type than my electric type.
    Since Dragon doesn't really have any moves, I made a few for a better experience. I copied Twister by making a dragon type gust with a new name, and then I added a unique attack Ahk Morn (I love FFXIV), which was really satisfying to use. They weren't effective against anything though so they didn't end up being great moves.

My fire/electric type. I thought this was the coolest combination for each of these types, and I'd never seen it before, so I went with it. But between the 4x weakness to ground (which only really factored in to Sand Attack which I made a 40 base power earth move), and the fact that it's an electric type weak to water, it didn't end up being great. It's a good fire type, but a bad electric type. Still, I really enjoyed making the design.
    Since there's no mid-power fire or electric moves, I made some. To fit with its bug aesthetics I made Ionic Silk and Pitch, both 60 base power. Those were fun to make, as they weren't too flashy but they added some personality before the final evolution.

My earth/ice type. My first time around I just made ice a physical type so I could optimize his stats, but the second time I changed ice back to a special type and balanced his stats more.
    Having low special really hurts in gen 1, as any special attack really hurts. But balancing the stats made him feel much weaker as well, so I don't know the best balance.
    Regardless, just because of his pure offensive presence, this was a great pokemon. Not only was it strong against the plentiful poison types, but the sheer number of things that ground and ice individually can take out is staggering, to say nothing of them together. It was also fun playing with its stats, as each evolution boosts one stat a lot while leaving the others mostly alone, which made each evolution feel different. Very strong, and fun to use.
    There aren't many earth or ice moves before the strong ones, so I made a few. I changed Sand Attack to an earth move, since I feel like accuracy is anti-fun. Then I made Bulldoze from future games as a moderate power earth move. For ice I just made a low power move called Cold Claw.

My rock/fighting type. I thought it was a cool combination, and a fun way to add more references from my story. Because of how terrible each type was I had to completely redo the common rock moves, then add a new one - Tumult. A multi-hit rock move with 30 power per hit, for a possible total of 150, or a minimum of 60. This helped Rock's flair for being powerful but inconsistent. Then for fighting I used the kick attacks, since those were the only consistent fighting moves. Then I made a new one, whose animation I had grand plans for that didn't really pay out.
    This pokemon had everything in place to be a good rock and fighting type, but still didn't end up great. It countered normal types beautifully, but despite their prevalence I didn't end up fighting many. Then the common water and powerful psychics just kinda kept it in its ball. Still, it did what I needed it to and it didn't drag me down too much. And it was really nice in the early game.

Finally, I needed a pokemon to use HMs with. So I made one. And it certainly exists.
    It's normal/bug, because he's not special, but he's sure buggy.
    No moves. Period. All it can learn is HMs. All his stats are 1 so his combat sucks after level 0. Which he starts at. He is only here to use HM moves.

Well thank you for coming by, and remember to

And here's a link to the new battle theme I composed:

If you're interested in playing, here's a download link. Along with unique pokemon with some unique moves, it also offers harder bosses and a mildly changed early game. Just drop it into your favorite gameboy emulator and you're good to go.
    https://www.mediafire.com/file/9dia7...eblue.gbc/file
    Last edited by Zorafim; Aug 26, 2023 at 09:36 PM.