Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    King Of Pirates

Sorry if this was already posted I searched and didnt see anything. Im in Ultimate mode and I already beat the dragon. The caves are way too hard for my level 89 HUmar right now. So I can get an idea what level where you and what items did you have? Thanks in advance!

*cries*

Caves? Let's see, my L65 HUmar had a 30% Hit Gungnir, a 35% Hit Raygun and a 40% Hit Gladius. XP Dal Ra Lie pwned me, though. Then I did a bunch of quests and Ep2 and beat him at L78. Then I did a bunch of quests and Ep2 and finally bitchslapped my way through Mines at L102ish with a Red Partisan, Red Handgun and Stag Cutlery. Then I got a Demo Comet and did Ruins and Falz a few levels later.

PSUJP: Nai Calus, M. B. 176 FI 20 | Elly, F. N. 42 FT 5 Requiescat in pace.

Oh, geez, it's hard to remember, but for Caves, I had a Red Scorpio, Draw Blaster or Drain Beam, and Final Impact. I also had Ultimate Frame and Ultimate Shield, and the frame was 4 slots (a couple of Addslots used) And I had two Ogre/Power++s, Elf/Arm++ and Elf/Legs++. MAG is not applicable, but if you care, my MAG was a lvl 70 Varaha at the time (can't remember stats). For the Mines, same as above, except I definitely had a Drain Beam by then, and a God/Power instead of one of the Ogre/Power++s. I didn't get up to Ruins yet.

EDIT: Lvl 80-90 something in the Caves, and I didn't even try the Mines until about over the 100s. I have a Viridia RAmarl, by the way.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: tactician7777 on 2004-07-05 08:56 ]</font>

i used a red sword, musashi and a pait of combats.
    the level was 100.

I'm level 82 right now, and if I really cared to try, I could get through the caves. I've played em, but since it took too long to kill things, I just do forest runs to get faster exp. I'm using a Yamato +60, and the caves aren't that hard.

King Of Pirates

OK, well an update my HUmar is now Level 90 and for equipment he has 2 dragon HP's on and 2 things that boosts my evasion by 32 and one that boosts it by 30. I have a Delsabers shield on and a level 165 Asparas. Anyone think I should take on the caves?

I didnt play offline alot so I was around lv 110 when I first entered caves on Ultimate.

What I had was something like that

-Red Saber +78
    Yamato +60
    -Attribute Plate
    God/Arm
    God/Arm
    God/Arm
    God/HP
    -Secret Gear
    -Varaha (30/120/25/25)

Here is what I used:

Lv:86

-Kaladbolg +8
    Inferno Bazooka +1
    -Grand Armor (Don't use this. It's not that good)
    -Ogre Power ++
    -Ogre Power ++
    -Metal Body
    -Dragon/HP
    -Secret Gear
    -Kama *I don't remember what level it was.

In a sense, my innocence is over

Hmmm caves was about 88 or something close mines was 92 (i know this for sure as i did one quest in the caves then killed de rol worm).And Ruins about 100 or so. This was with a RAmar with a Red Handgun up untill Mines where i got my yas 3k

Get rid of the evasion boosting slot items, they're all useless (even God/Legs). Instead replace them with Ogre/Power or Metal/Body units if you have any, it's not really important. Your current equipment looks OK for handling the caves so take the following into consideration:

Caves is a piece of cake as long as you cast Jellen/Zalure. Get into the habbit of using those spells, they are the most useful aspect of a HUmar. Since you are having trouble, I assume you aren't using those spells.

And bring a decent Handgun, Sword/partisan and Saber. Snipe the Ob Lilies with your handgun. Ob lilies take a while to react so you can run in a room full of the bastards, fire 3 shots, and then run outside while you wait for them to go back to sleep.

Use the saber (or another single enemy type weapon like twin sabers or a double saber) if there are 1-3 Vulmers, and use the Sword for bigger groups. Cast Jellen/Zalure on all melee enemies (Vulmers, Migium, Hidoom etc.) and especially on Da Ral Lie.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Gjl on 2004-07-07 02:52 ]</font>