Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Two scans from Shonen Jump have surfaced. They detail Photon Arts as well as give a little information on the menu system for your weapons.

Photon Arts are, from what I can tell, very powerful special attacks which consume photon points from your weapon. And speaking of weapons, two categories are detailed: sword-type (saber, sword, dagger, double saber, and twin dagger) and fist-type (knuckle, claw, and twin claw). Not really any new info, just some new screens of those weapons being used. The second of the two pages shows off the menus of the game. The top half of the page displays the physical attack Photon Arts menu while the bottom half displays the technique PA menu system. It seems that with the tech-type weapons, you'll be able to assign a certain number of techs to them. For example, one of the screens here shows the user opening up a menu for the rod, which has two "slots" for techniques. Another window pops up showing each of the techs the character has learned. In this case, foie, rafoie, gifoie, barta, rabarta, and zonde. (There's actually room for more, as there is a scrollbar on the window, so I'd assume at least resta and probably razonde are included here.) From there, you select which techs you'd like to assign to the weapon, and that's it. I'm noticing, though, that the tech level system from PSO has slightly changed. Before, you went from a base tech (foie, barta, zonde) to the gi-level (gifoie, gibarta, gizonde) for a medium attack and then to the ra-level (rafoie, rabarta, razonde) for your strongest attack. In PSU, it looks like the gi- and ra-levels have been reversed. For example, in the menu, the foie group is listed as foie, rafoie, gifoie.

Very nice scans.
    Glad they also explain how exactly the techniques are used and set in weapons, showing that rods/canes/whatever are merely used to channel the technique energy, but don't limit what you can do with them.

Hmm, I wonder if these attacks have anything to do with the Yellow bar we saw slowly filling up underneath our hero's HP? (Think back to the E3 Demo or DigitalLife videos)

Or, could this be the Human equivalent of the Beast/Cast 'abilities' that have been revealed? (The transformation into Beast Form and big-boom-mecha-rar thing) Although, for something so big and flashy, it would seem a tad silly to make it class exclusive, if that is the case.

Regardless, purdy stuff!

EDIT: Woo, I can no longer spell!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lovejuice on 2005-10-21 14:07 ]</font>

On and off, off and on

Ummm...do you think you can show some images? XD My subscription for SJ ended quite a while ago XD

-drools- Love the screens ><; Thanks for the rough translation Well, I'm looking forward to making both a melee character and a mage character in PSU now more than ever ^__^; One thing's for sure, they better have more spells than the ones in PSO >_>; I don't care if they put other spells from the PS series, just as long as it's more than PSO. Like a spell to sleep enemies or confuse them. Wind spells and earth spells Though from what I've seen in one screenshot, they even have water, so far so good.
    From PSO Ep 1-4 to PSU, PS0, PSP 1-2, and now PSO2... it's been a long journey.

That's some pretty awesome info.

So it looks like melee classes will be able to execute special techniques, which will probably have varying power/range and stuff.

Are these special techniques going to be the last 3 attacks of a 6-hit combo? I remember reading somewhere about Ethan being able to execute 3 "normal attacks" and then stacking some attack called "Cross Ream" 3 times on top of that.

Do you think "Cross Ream" would be one of the special attacks that's described in article?

I wonder what this means for ranged weapons. Maybe they'll have their own special attacks that are more photon-costly as well.

Hm.. I notice the single-hand weapons can be used together like a pair.. such as daggers & now, claws, aka twinclaw. ;]
    Blink & you might miss it! ;3

Oh, keep sig at 600x180 px & 49KB, yah?

Great new scans with great new info, freakin' sweet!

In Scan 1, Ethan's little two-pronged photon claw made me ask myself one question, "What does Captain Insano do to the bad guys?"

Sweetness! This is the kind of info i've been waiting for... Thanks alot for letting us in!

Rawr, I want more details though! >

(hmm... for some reason the bottom portion of the scans aren't loading for me... grr...)

On 2005-10-21 16:04, Dhylec wrote:

aka twinclaw. ;]
    >_>

<_<

I am so getting it just for that o_o